• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

treasure hunt in GvG

DeletedUser16126

Proposal:
Add a treasure hunt in GvG.
This will make GvG more attractive:
- It will allow bigger guilds to get something extra
- it will be harder for bigger guilds to sit without replacing armies, allowing smaller guilds to move up

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Nothing found

Reason:
GvG is dead for a long time, only a few changes.
Mostly big guilds have taken a lot of the era, and are just sitting.
This proposal will probably give an extra dimension on GvG

Details:
On every map in GvG there is one treasure added.
The guild that holds this treasure will get a certain benefit.
Other guilds can try to steal the treasure, to steal the treasure they have to build a path from their GvG area to the sector that contains the treasure.
A guild can put a path on an enemy sector by putting a mini-siege. Putting the mini siege will cost goods: each good of the age shall be supplied and the amount required equals the guild level. The sieging guild shall defeat 5 (or 10) armies to be successful.
Once the 5/10 armies are defeated the path is established. The defeated armies will stay defeated. The path will stay there even if another guild would take over the sector. A siege can be broken by killing the attacking army once.
Paths can only be build on the border of the own GvG area or on other paths that are connected to the own GvG-area.

If the guild has finally taken over the sector holding the treasure, it will steal the treasure and get the benefit for theirselves.
As a result of the stealing the treasure all paths that were build by the guild that stole the treasure will be lost. All guilds that missed the chasing of the treasury will keep their paths, so they can still use it in the future.

Once the treasure is stolen the guild will receive a random benefit out of a pool of benefiths (These pool can change over time),
It can contain: defense pool increase, 1 (or more) diamond per day for every guild member as long as the guild holds the treasure, extra attack power for the whole guild, extra defense for the whole guild, etc….
If the treasure is stolen the treasure will be put at a random place in the guilds GvG area at timer reset.

If a path is build it will be “under construction” until timerreset. New paths can only be added to constructed paths. (This is added to avoid that ghost guilds will run around and annoy other guilds too much.

Visual Aids:
- paths of the own guild shall always be visual, paths of other guilds shall light up together with the highlight of the guild area when you hoover over other guilds sectors.
- Mini siege shall have a visual indication like a normal siege, but shall have another color

Balance:
- this treasure hunt will consume goods. The amount of goods depends on the guild level, so smaller guilds have some advantage.
This will weaken guilds that are involved in this treasure hunt, from the other side if the guild holds the treasure it gets extra benefiths.
- Guilds that hold the treasure will more likely get attacked by other guilds building paths, this gives extra dynamics
- Guilds that are currently just sitting in their area and doing nothing, even not replacing armies, can now be attacked by other guilds that want to travel over their land. In this way bigger guilds need to get more involved in the lower ages they hold. Smaller guilds will get easier access to areas hold by other guilds.

Abuse Prevention:

- Ghost guilds can indeed become a pain, but probably not more than now already.
Actions are already added to avoid ghost guilds to have too much freedom (only allow building paths on already constructed paths

Some guilds of course will make agreements to hold treasures in certain ages, but no one will be able to prevent others to take it.

Summary:
This feature could be a disruptive change in GvG.
It will make the game more attractive for smaller guilds, because they can harm bigger guilds.
Bigger guilds will need to have more focus on all GvG eras, and will be able to get something extra out of it.
This feature will drain goods for the involved guilds: So big guilds that have an overstock of treasure goods have something to invest in. If the treasury of big guilds get drained, it will be easier for smaller guilds to take a sector from bigger guilds.

DeletedUser2989

An interesting and well detailed idea, but one that's somewhat confusing to me (and may be fairly complex to implement in-game). If I'm right you're adding 2 things:
1) A random treasure in each province placed on a random sector
2) The ability to create "paths" through enemy territory

The treasure idea sounds pretty good, I'm tempted to ask if you considered having 3 treasures in each province (bronze, silver, gold) that give different prizes or levels or prizes? Makes things a bit more dynamic than everyone fighting over 1.

The paths part of the idea is trickier though. You've suggested that they will be formed once a guild kills 5-10 armies so that even though another guild will still hold that sector you'll own a path that allows you to launch more attacks further into their sectors. This would be a serious concern defense wise especially if there is no way to "remove" and enemy path in your own sectors. I understand your intention but I think that this version of "paths" might be a bit too much for GvG.

So overall I support the general idea of treasures to add incentive to attack and liven up things, but I don't think I can support the paths.

DeletedUser16126

Just adding treasures will not change anything, Big guilds will divide the treasures and the GvG will be dead again... And the big guilds will again grow stronger without having anything to do for it...
Just putting a treasure in the provinces that give a daily benefith, is sure nothing I can support.
If it would be a one-time reward, then I can support it. But it will not add much to GvG...
The idea is that the treasure is put on a random place of teh guild that holds the treasure.
Only t start the treasure shall be put on a random place.

It are the paths that give extra dynamics. It will cost goods it will harm the defense of the defending guilds. The paths shall be used to steal the treasure.
So the sit and watch culture that is currently promoted for GvG will disappear.

I agree the idea is a bit complex, but without a disruptive change in GvG, nothing will change in GvG.