• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trading

DeletedUser

Hi
i am new to the game and me and some friends have started to play and formed a guild and want to know how we can trade with each other as we only seem to be able to trade with people in our neighbourhoods. if anyone knows a way that we could trade together it would be much appreciated. =)

DeletedUser65

you cant just yet, the next update(due early july i beleive) will bring in the trade with guild members option. till then you'll have to tough it out im afraid :(

DeletedUser

Trading in general has become a thorn in my side. It seems the only person that is trading with me, well, is myself. :p

Of course, I have no guild and I am not sure I want one. I am a bit of a loner. In the words of the great rock band Whitesnake... Goin down the only road Ive ever known. Like a drifter I was born to walk alone...

I know most of you probably don't even know who Whitesnake is lol but they are awesome :p but anyways if anyone has any inkling of trading blood left in them and they are my neighbor, my name is the same in-game.

Thanks!

DeletedUser

I know Whitesnake, my dad loved em, lol. Anyway, they are also talking about merging neighborhoods, putting actives together, so either way, hopefully it will be fixed soon enough, sometime earlyish July.

DeletedUser

That would be perfect. It seems like people 90% of the people in mine are not active at all. Maybe half of the other 10% is barely active so putting actives together would be a huge push for the game.

DeletedUser

Same here. I am at EMA and i still have to create my own goods, because in total i have seened from players only 3 offers. And at the beggining that is a killer, because you need lumber, dye, wine, stone and marble. Producing that on your own is very hard since you can have only 2 full bonus regions.

DeletedUser

Anybody having trouble with trading, posted an offer yesterday and it had vanished today, with no goods being exchanged.

DeletedUser

No lostchord, no problems like that on my end. We have three people trading in my neighborhood and that is including me. I am very near just giving up and starting over just to find another neighborhood lol. Seriously though, I just entered the Early Middle Age (I'm online a lot) and it is sad to see how many players just stop playing after a couple of days. This game is much better than most and I have played plenty. For instance, Travian and Tribal Wars and the list goes on but they all dont compare.

DeletedUser

No lostchord, no problems like that on my end. We have three people trading in my neighborhood and that is including me. I am very near just giving up and starting over just to find another neighborhood lol. Seriously though, I just entered the Early Middle Age (I'm online a lot) and it is sad to see how many players just stop playing after a couple of days. This game is much better than most and I have played plenty. For instance, Travian and Tribal Wars and the list goes on but they all dont compare.

I do not know if all of you look through the forums, but I wanted to say that before you quit, restart on a new world, or anything in that area, read this, http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3147-Changelog-0-10-1

Soon enough folks, soon enough, :)

DeletedUser

We need to make contact with each other, then thru the Guilds later, to set up deals before we post them. There seems to be way too many goods needed to advance for one community to produce.

The few members of 'The Lost' have already run into this problem, especially since we're all leveling at about the same pace.

Since conquest & plunder doesn't seem to be much of a producer, it's either that or a system of visits that keep our happiness up to improve production.

DeletedUser

We are having a similar problem. There are about 10 of us active in my neighborhood. Many of us are in the same guild. ALL of us have the same goods to trade. So the game has come to a halt for us. I don't know how much longer any of us are going to continue to play. There's not much to do unless we all want to spend real money and buy diamonds. Many of us have spent money. But that is to enhance the game, not to play it.

I really like this game, it's very different. I would hate to have to quit.

DeletedUser

If we can buy/sell our initial gold/coins(whatever) for iron ore(?) it will be easier for us to grow,I have lots of coins but lack of Iron (the initial iron) for making buildings and troops. am too far away for having that refined Iron goods :(

DeletedUser

We are having a similar problem. There are about 10 of us active in my neighborhood. Many of us are in the same guild. ALL of us have the same goods to trade. So the game has come to a halt for us. I don't know how much longer any of us are going to continue to play. There's not much to do unless we all want to spend real money and buy diamonds. Many of us have spent money. But that is to enhance the game, not to play it.

I really like this game, it's very different. I would hate to have to quit.

Sometimes you just have to build something you don't have a bonus for, in order to get it. Or you could trade with merchants at 10:1. There should be one that will trade a bonus item for the one you want. If you build more than one of your bonus item buildings you'll end up with lots to trade. If you keep an eye on what your going to need in the future you can start early collecting your 'slow' goods. That's what I'm doing with limestone and jewellery, and people wonder why I won't trade it with them. :p
You don't need to buy diamonds to play this game, just adjust your strategy. :)

And 10 active, lucky you! Should be fixed after the merger this week

DeletedUser

I posted a link earlier in this thread to show you guys that there is a new update coming on 06/27/2012, that will help you guys with the trading issue. I do not know if you actually looked at it though so I will post what Checkered Jester posted about merging, and guild trading here:

Neighborhood Merging

To increase the activity in the neighborhoods and to improve trade we have implemented a solution that will let us merge existing neighbourhoods together.

Neighborhood Merging Info:

Every Monday at 3 AM neighborhoods will be merged if possible.
All Tournaments are stopped between 2 PM and 8 PM on Sunday, and start again after merging has been completed, around 8 AM monday morning.
Neighborhoods with similar average points will be merged to add up around 80 active players.
"Similar points" means that the average points of Neighborhood 1 may not be higher/lower then 40% of the average points of Neighborhood 2. (neighborhoods with roughly the same points will be merged together).
Example: If neighborhood 1 contains 23 active players, neighborhood 2 contains 20 active players and neighborhood 3 contains 33 active players, and all these have the approx. same average score, they will be merged together.
Neighborhoods can only merge up to 80 active players.
If your friends are active you will not be merged away from them. All active players will be kept together in the same neighbourhood.
If an inactive player comes back, he will come back to the merged neighborhood where he will find a few familiar faces, this will happen even if the neighborhood already has 80 players.
Inactive player: Someone who does not play or login to Foe for a period of time.(Stone and Bonzeage: 3 days, All other ages: 7 days)

Guilds

Guild members may now trade between each other for free(no forge points required). Guild member trading is not restricted by neighbourhoods anymore. All trades have a trading restriction ratio ( must be between 0.66 and 1.5) to avoid exploits. A setting in the auction house allows you to view offers from your guild members(shield icon).
It is now possible for Guild founders to demote each other.
We added some missing translations in the Guild forum overview.
The guild forum lock thread tool now clearly display if it is enabled or not.
The guild forum can now be opened in a new tab so that you can play at the same time.
Added a bunch of new guild flags to chose from.

Give it some time, and do not quit, all the trading problems will be solved soon enough.

Thanks for playing FoE.

Note that the word," now," in this post refer to when the update is added, and not literally now, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sometimes you just have to build something you don't have a bonus for, in order to get it. Or you could trade with merchants at 10:1. There should be one that will trade a bonus item for the one you want. If you build more than one of your bonus item buildings you'll end up with lots to trade. If you keep an eye on what your going to need in the future you can start early collecting your 'slow' goods. That's what I'm doing with limestone and jewellery, and people wonder why I won't trade it with them. :p
You don't need to buy diamonds to play this game, just adjust your strategy. :)

And 10 active, lucky you! Should be fixed after the merger this week

I'm well aware of how to get the goods I need if there is no one to trade. First, I didn't even get the option to have a winery. I don't know why, I did do the research. Second, do you have any idea how long it takes to get something if you have to trade with a merchant??? For instance, I needed 49 Dyes, but it's not a bonus item. So, that means I have to have a good at similar value to trade a merchant at 10:1, or 490 of that item. Dye is a Bronze Age item and the merchant will take Lumber, Marble, or Wine. At best I could have 2 of these running all the time at 30 units per day, depending upon how often I can get online. That means that in order to get my 49 Dyes, regardless of whatever else I might need, it will take me 17 days, two and a half weeks. Just for the one item. Not exactly exciting game play. In the meantime I'm loosing research points because I can neither use them for trade nor for research while I'm collecting enough goods to trade a merchant. Another frustration.

DeletedUser2456

Sulevia,
Please use the edit post function in future please.
Double posting is currently not allowed.
Regards,
Chromeozone

DeletedUser

Odd, I would not have considered it double posting. I thought it was separate replies to separate posts. But if you feel that way, I'll create just one long post in any future threads.

DeletedUser2974

I'm well aware of how to get the goods I need if there is no one to trade. First, I didn't even get the option to have a winery. I don't know why, I did do the research. Second, do you have any idea how long it takes to get something if you have to trade with a merchant??? For instance, I needed 49 Dyes, but it's not a bonus item. So, that means I have to have a good at similar value to trade a merchant at 10:1, or 490 of that item. Dye is a Bronze Age item and the merchant will take Lumber, Marble, or Wine. At best I could have 2 of these running all the time at 30 units per day, depending upon how often I can get online. That means that in order to get my 49 Dyes, regardless of whatever else I might need, it will take me 17 days, two and a half weeks. Just for the one item. Not exactly exciting game play. In the meantime I'm loosing research points because I can neither use them for trade nor for research while I'm collecting enough goods to trade a merchant. Another frustration.

I know it's quite frustrating, however the update for trade between Guild members is set to start on Monday. (cross your fingers) So instead of trading for those things you can get a bonus for I would just save up what you do get bonus for and trade with your Guild members in just a few days! And if you don't have a guild, feel free to message me in game (at Ninga78234) and I can invite you into our guild called Tuatha (6th in this server so far, and growing rapidly) We're primarily going to be a trading guild so that our members can grow faster and stronger. Let me know if you're interested. :)

DeletedUser

Thanks, I'm in a good guild, but the only people I can trade with have exactly the same things I have. We figured out by the second day that those with whom we wish to trade, can't.