• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trading past High Middle Ages Seems Difficult

Greyladydown

Private
Trading in Later Middle ages goods in East-Nagach does not seem to be happening much if at all, have I made a mistake advancing to this age or will things start to even out again at some stage? I haven't been playing long enough to know if this is one of the periodic pitfalls of the game. Is it just a case of sitting it out and building up the strength of my army units and becoming self sufficient in those materials I require? I am already playing in Beta, don't think I have the heart to build another one elsewhere...

King Dael

Sergeant
#1) Search for players from your own age/era and and above, ask for friendships. That should make trades feel a lot better.
#2) Find a guild with as many members from your age and the next age as possible, and ask to join.

If no goods of your needs are available, you are in the wrong Guild and have the wrong Friends.

Last edited:
You should always aim to be self sufficient, get a few events done for the buildings that give goods, and level up any GBs that give goods such as LoA.

Attacking and plundering neighbours can help but probably won't be enough to cover your needs

The Lighthouse, St. Marks, and Galata GBs all produce free goods of your current tech level in the LMA. There are also many event buildings that produce goods. All can be a big help.

As for trading, in addition to the usual trading with friends and guild members you can pursue other avenues. State in your city message that you are open to trade offers. Check to see if any of your neighbors have done the same. Many players are happy to trade surplus goods at a reasonable rate.

Events also create tremendous trade opportunities. There are always a few quests that require "X goods of the current era, either by trading...". You would be amazed how fast Fair Trades go on the open market when there is an urgent need for goods now.

Helen1701

Private
The best thing you can do (I am assuming you're in colonial era), is to make sure you're producing both of the colonial era goods available as deposits on your map. Minimum 40 of each good per day. You can put these goods on the market in exchange for other goods you want. If you're in a decent guild, they should have a trading thread, and other members who are in higher eras than you should be able to help, especially if they're so far ahead that they are no longer even using colonial era goods. If your guild doesn't have a trading thread then I would consider leaving because it is one of the core threads every guild should have.

Cuthwolf

Captain
Trading has got harder over the 18 months since Guild Battlegrounds started. High level players used to stock huge numbers of low age goods but these have been greatly depleted by building siege camps.