• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trading Bug

DeletedUser

When i am trading in the market place, and i buy goods they disappear and then reappear again, its quite annoying when the same person has multiple small trades and they keep reappearing only to get the "too late message"

I am using Chrome as a browser and it seems to be limited to this as other browsers are ok

DeletedUser

It could be that someone else is taking them just before you try so :)

You can always message the player himself, and ask him for a larger deal to set up with you ^^.

DeletedUser

It could be that someone else is taking them just before you try so :)

You can always message the player himself, and ask him for a larger deal to set up with you ^^.

No its more that once taken, it then appears again, this has only started since the last update

The trades seem quicker after the update, trade accept trade accept etc, if you do this on the trades too quickly then they reappear after the trade has been confirmed, if you are too quick then you can hit the trade you have already taken abd then get the "too late message"

DeletedUser

After re-reading a few times I think I know what this is.
They did some changes to the Market. Now, instead of reloading the Market after every single trade, it all caches the goods and removes them from the Market without having to reload.
This makes the Market a bit faster, however, the way the Market works has not been changed, which is as follows:

When you accept a trade, the Market (for some reason) re-arranges the goods. So if you want to trade Offer #1, 2 and 3, it sometimes happens that after accepting #1 that #2 and 3 suddenly are in different spots. This has always been like that, but now that the Market doesn't load after every trade anymore this is much more noticable.

Just check the different pages for the Trade you were looking for and/or use the goods filters.

If that does not answer your problem, then use the Bug Report Template.
If the above explanation does not answer your problem and you refuse to use the Template, then this issue will be closed and archived in a few days, despite of an answer or not.

- L

DeletedUser

After re-reading a few times I think I know what this is.
They did some changes to the Market. Now, instead of reloading the Market after every single trade, it all caches the goods and removes them from the Market without having to reload.
This makes the Market a bit faster, however, the way the Market works has not been changed, which is as follows:

When you accept a trade, the Market (for some reason) re-arranges the goods. So if you want to trade Offer #1, 2 and 3, it sometimes happens that after accepting #1 that #2 and 3 suddenly are in different spots. This has always been like that, but now that the Market doesn't load after every trade anymore this is much more noticable.

Just check the different pages for the Trade you were looking for and/or use the goods filters.

If that does not answer your problem, then use the Bug Report Template.
If the above explanation does not answer your problem and you refuse to use the Template, then this issue will be closed and archived in a few days, despite of an answer or not.

- L

That can be a part of the answer, however I encountered this today myself.
I searched for trades needing Tar as I had too much of it. The search came up with 3 trades, all from the same person and all offering Paper in exchange.
I proceeded to accpeting these trades. #1 went as I would expect, I get confirmation window, accept the trade, it disappears. Same goes for trade #2. However immediately after this another trade identical to previous ones appears. I assumed the person was busy with setting up trades and clicked to accept one of the remaining 2 trades (#3 of the original ones and the new one). And it tells me I can't, and the trade disappears. #3 is still there and I can accept it normally.

I figured it was just crazy timing, and this person did put up a new trade and someone just accepted it real fast :) But reading this I think it might actually be the same problem. Oh and I use Firefox, not Chrome. Might just be that I clicked them too fast after each other, although I find it strange that the trade disappeared and reappeared. Was not able to reproduce with some other trades just now, I'll see if I have similar trade offer setups somewhere to try it again.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser11626

If all or most of the available trades are re-arranged after a trade is accepted (removed from the list) then this seems like a sorting related bug.

Wouldn't it be easier to remove only the accepted trade from the list and shift the following trades up one position?

DeletedUser

@Mutzena: I have reproduced the bug and it seems that it is the rearranging bug after all. Or at least related to it.
When you accept trades too fast, the 'memory' of the Market might not be updated yet and rearranges one of the accepted trades in a different place, making it reappear.
This only lasts for 1 second though, after that the trade disappears again, as the Market updates and notices that trade should be gone.
I think this too has always been like this, except that it wasn't noticable with the Market having to load after every trade, which took ~1 second.

Circumvention for this display glitch: Wait ~2 seconds between trades.

@jegesmu: I'm not sure why that isn't the case to begin with, but it probably has to do with additional coding, which has lower priority for a feature that in essence already functions correctly.

- L