• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Trading a blueprint piece with 2 copies leads to loosing blueprints pieces

• Thread starter DeletedUser11626
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11626

Wanting to test the newly introduced great building blueprint trading feature I managed to get 2 blueprint pieces deleted.

Apparently if you click on a blueprint piece of which you have only one copy, then on a blueprint piece of which you have duplicates enables the "Trade 2:1" button incorrectly (from my point of view). At this point if you click the "Trade 2:1" button 2 pieces are deducted from the piece of which you have duplicates and you receive another copy of the piece of which you had only one copy.

Not being sure what really happened the first time I tried again :(

Result: Tower of Babel Southwest + Tower of Babel Southeast pieces lost after almost 3 weeks of supporting the building of a great building and about 180 forge points lost ... and getting another copy of a piece I already had :(

See detailed bug description below (for developers).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the Inventory and navigate to the Great Buildings tab
2. Click on the Tower of Babel tile to open it's sheet
3. Click on a blueprint piece of which you have only one copy (hint is incorrect here: "1 copies")
4. Click on a blueprint piece of which you have exactly 2 copies
5. Click on the "Trade 2:1" button and click on any piece from the set
6. Click on the "Cancel" button or the X (close) button in the upper right corner of the sheet to close the Tower of Babel sheet

Expected results:
1. Great Buildings tab is displayed
2. Tower of Babel sheet is displayed
3. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over, but cannot be selected (as it would be unwise to trade you're only copy)
4. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over and remains highlighted IF clicked on
5. The "Trade 2:1" remains inactive, unless you have AT LEAST 3 copies of the blueprint piece with duplicates (if the button is inactive the chance to accidental trade is reduced, but a confirmation message detailing the blueprint pieces to be traded + required piece would be preferable)
6. The position of the Tower of Babel tile in the Inventory remains unchanged

Actual results:
1. Great Buildings tab is displayed
2. Tower of Babel sheet is displayed
3. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over, but DOESN'T remain highlighted when clicked on
4. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over and remains highlighted IF clicked on + the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active
5. Two copies of the piece of which you had 2 are removed (leaving you with a missing piece!) and 1 copy of the selected piece is added
6. The position of the Tower of Babel tile in the Inventory is changed (see attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Inventory.jpg
    Inventory.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 990

DeletedUser12063

I lost several BP's trading duplicates. I started with a total of 16, and was only missing 2. I now have 9, and only gained 1. But, I only have 1 duplicate now. Some of the trades gave nothing back in return, just took pieces.

DeletedUser6965

oh... I tested it (with St. Marks) and I can confirm it jegesmu O.ô

That's a reeeal evil bug! So be careful with trading BP, if u normally do not have enough!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I lost several BP's trading duplicates. I started with a total of 16, and was only missing 2. I now have 9, and only gained 1. But, I only have 1 duplicate now. Some of the trades gave nothing back in return, just took pieces.

Are you sure they didn't give you more duplicate pieces, possibly even the same pieces as the once you have traded? They are random.

DeletedUser11626

Unfortunately it not the case that I got a random piece of blueprint and haven't noticed: I went through my entire Inventory just to be sure.

Addition to the original issue:
In the same set Tower of Babel set I had to pieces of which I had exactly 2 copies each.
I selected both pieces and clicked "Trade 2:1". At first I haven't noticed it but indeed I got a new random piece (which is OK), but didn't get any message about the result of the trade itself.

I guess a confirmation message would be useful to give a visual feedback (e.g. a message like the one you get when helping leveling up a friends great building) that displays the name and picture of the blueprint tile that you've received as a result of the trade.

DeletedUser6965

just to make it clear: The issue is not, which BP u get. The Issue jegesmu descripes is that it is possible to trade like this:
u have:
1 0 0
0 2 0
0 0 0

Then u make, what jegesmu descripes and the result will be, that u traded the 2 BP to another one and lost the centre.
So the result could be:
1 1 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

But this should not be possible.

DeletedUser11626

From my point of view there should be 2 choices to trade duplicates:

Case 1:
You have at least 3 copies of the same piece and you want to trade the 2 extra pieces.
In this case if you select the piece of which 3 copies the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active.

Case 2:
You have exactly 2 copies of one piece.
In this case if you select the piece of which you have exactly 2 copies the "Trade 2:1" button remains inactive until you select another piece of which you have MORE THEN ONE copy.

Note:
In both cases I would recommend giving a visual feedback to the player about the blueprint pieces that he is about to trade in and ask his confirmation.

DeletedUser

0.24.11677 i cant select blueprint if i only have one of it only when i have 2 or more but trick works
picture is before and after trick

frauenkirc7670.png

DeletedUser6965

From my point of view there should be 2 choices to trade duplicates:

Case 1:
You have at least 3 copies of the same piece and you want to trade the 2 extra pieces.
In this case if you select the piece of which 3 copies the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active.

Case 2:
You have exactly 2 copies of one piece.
In this case if you select the piece of which you have exactly 2 copies the "Trade 2:1" button remains inactive until you select another piece of which you have MORE THEN ONE copy.

Note:
In both cases I would recommend giving a visual feedback to the player about the blueprint pieces that he is about to trade in and ask his confirmation.

this two cases u mentioned are the cases wich were intended by the developers ;)
A confirmation button is already there, isn't it?

U should make an idea-Thread in idea-section, if u want to discuss about this:
I guess a confirmation message would be useful to give a visual feedback (e.g. a message like the one you get when helping leveling up a friends great building) that displays the name and picture of the blueprint tile that you've received as a result of the trade.

DeletedUser

Hi- I just got a duplicate BP from polishing a clanmate (thank you). My problem is that when I highlight the duplicate section, it will not allow me to trade it in for a new BP of the same building. Just gives me no option & the color of the button does not change. Any ideas?

DeletedUser

Hi- I just got a duplicate BP from polishing a clanmate (thank you). My problem is that when I highlight the duplicate section, it will not allow me to trade it in for a new BP of the same building. Just gives me no option & the color of the button does not change. Any ideas?

It's a Trade 2:1 as the button says. So you need 2 duplicates to be able to trade = You need to have 3 of the same BP (You can't rade your only / last one) or you need 2 copies of 2 different ones.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

I didn't experience this before and honnestly i'm not willing to try but if i understood right what you said, i think i can explain better the bug so it can be fixed. in fact, the trade works right, but the problem is when you trades 2 duplicates of different blueprints, the system doesn't always choose 1 of each blueprint, it sometimes choose the 2 pieces of the same blueprint which will surely cause the loss of blueprint you talking about. i'll show you the picture.

• World: Probably all worlds
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/24.0.1312.52
  • Overview of the bug: Blueprint trades 2:1 causes blueprint loss
  • Screenshots: Sans titre.jpg
    So, after the trade, instead of having 1 of each blueprint of those selected, you still have 2 duplicates of one blueprint and 0 of the other blueprint
  • How often this occurs: permanent
  • Urgency: important
  • Preventative Actions do not trade two different blueprints
  • Summary: when traded 2 duplicates of 2 different blueprints, the system doesn't always take 1 duplicate of each blueprint, sometimes it take the 2 duplicates of the same blueprint, leaving the spot empy.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: not reported clearly
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:
yes

DeletedUser

Hello Aymounia,

This would be clearer if you could also give a screenshot of what this looked like after the trade.

So far, each time I've checked in this case, the player did receive another blueprint, but it was one he already had. Please check if this happened in your case.

DeletedUser

no sir, it works fine for me, i was only trying to get clarification from the poeple who experienced this, it would be apreciated if they confirm or deny my observations

DeletedUser6965

If someone want to have the bug clarified:
If u select one of ur double BP, the system save this info, that it's selected. Then u click cancel and return to the same GB page.
If u select the one u selected before again, the system thinks "now 2 Blueprints, which are double are selected, I can allow the trade"
--> bug

DeletedUser

Sorry i didn't understand well the first time, now i understood, i tried it and the bug is real.

• World: Probably all worlds
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/24.0.1312.52
  • Overview of the bug: Blueprint trades 2:1 causes blueprint loss
  • Screenshots:

Sans titre.jpg

1- I select the duplicate
    2- I hit cancel

Sans titre2.jpg

3- I select the duplicate
    4- I hit trade 2:1 (which is not supposed to show up)

• How often this occurs: permanent
  • Urgency: important
  • Preventative Actions none
  • Summary: when you select a duplicate then hit cancel then select again a duplicate in the same great building, the trade 2:1 shows up and of course will use the 2 blueprints you got leaving the spot empty
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: not reported clearly
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: yes

DeletedUser

I started my Trade 2:1 with this original senario

Castel del Monte

I selected 2 pieces, confirmed
There was no response.

Repeated the original trade request
No response

Then I began multiple round robin attempts
Until I finally got a 'standard error' message forcing the client to reload

Below is the final outcome after the reload

Could I please get my pieces back.

FoE-BluePrint.jpg

DeletedUser

Hello pizzasauce,

As this is a specific case, you better send in an ingame ticket (rightclick on your village screen, choose support and proceed from there) so that we can have a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.