• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trades that require a Forge Point

DeletedUser118860

There's a surrender button which you can use if it's clear you've got no chance left of winning.
Yes thanks for that answer but I've found if you press the Auto battle button if you think you're losing sometimes the AI does better than I would have and I win so I won't ever surrender unless it meant you get to keep your surviving troops. (Does it?)

Yes thanks for that answer but I've found if you press the Auto battle button if you think you're losing sometimes the AI does better than I would have and I win so I won't ever surrender unless it meant you get to keep your surviving troops. (Does it?)
Yes if you surrender you keep what troops you have left

Vesiger

Monarch
I've found if you press the Auto battle button if you think you're losing sometimes the AI does better than I would have and I win
It's worth watching what the auto-battle does, if you find it's more effective at winning than you are, and learning from its tactics.
(Although the one tactic you don't want to imitate is rushing in to transform all rogues in the opposing army as soon as possible - it was a long time before I learned that if you avoid hitting them or letting them hit you, they die instantly once the enemy has no troops left.)

Embarrassingly, I'm still finding that under some circumstances in the Guild Battlegrounds the auto-battle is more likely to win than I am. I think it's because the AI has access to information that isn't available under the mobile app, like which order which enemy units are scheduled to attack in (there's no way to tell apart multiple units of the same type in the display ribbon at the bottom of the map) and precisely how far it can advance before breaking cover and which squares are definitely safe to hide in...

and precisely how far it can advance before breaking cover and which squares are definitely safe to hide in...
This bit you can do on the app. Press and hold the enemy unit and the hexes will be shaded red in the area it can hit :)

Please excuse the slightly dodgy screenshot, it's hard to do while pressing a unit. The one I'm pressing is off the bottom of the picture thanks to my phone

Screenshot_20200103_133525.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser110131

I'll just take the glory then. I'm not so keen on the other option.
You can't have one, without risking the other!

Just the one and I try not to carry my laptop around the streets with me
Soft core! I never leave home without my EEATX full-tower strapped to my back, along with a 50 kg battery pack, VR helmet on the head, and a keyboard strapped to my wrists. For navigation, I use a seeing eye cat. I rarely end up where I want, and usually don't get very far. If you ever see someone in that getup, wandering the freeway or tangled in a tree somewhere, that'll be me.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I watched a few auto battles of my own and can’t for the life of me work out why the AI would position the Hovertank in an area where the stealth skill does not work, If you want to lose more units choose Auto battle or if you don’t Manual battle all the way and learn the different terrain bonus’s :)

Iran the Red

Private
Members of a guild make trades without having to pay a Forge Point. I thought friends could do the same. I also thought that if you Private Messaged someone the same applies. Now it seems it has changed for the latter two cases. Was I mistaken previously or have the rules changed recently?
Why are players, with no guild, punished with the fp cost on trades?
Is it part of the game mechanics, to force players into a guild?

DeletedUser110131

Only Inno knows the motives of Inno. My educated guess is "not exactly, but pretty close".

To elaborate: The word 'force' is inaccurate. It's perfectly possible to play without joining a guild. If Inno wanted to force players into guilds, they could just assign guilds, and make it impossible to leave a guild without joining another. In a game world, the designers are gods. To call it an 'encouragement' is far more accurate. They want guild membership to be obviously advantageous, so that players can discover the less obvious advantages of it. Inno's interest in this is that guilds contribute to the game experience; the players are enlisted to create content for each other. Guilds also create loyalty in a way that other types of content doesn't. It's a win-win, though, as players get content and community.

Just a guess, but I'd be surprised if I'm far off.

Vesiger

Monarch
This bit you can do on the app. Press and hold the enemy unit and the hexes will be shaded red in the area it can hit :)
Yep, I discovered that bit (although, alas, in practice pressing and holding each and every enemy unit on the field before every move just doesn't happen...)
What would be nice would be some way to distinguish between 'enemy unit I can target from the current position' and 'enemy unit that can be targeted, but only by moving forward one or more squares', a heavy cause of deaths (or of unnecessary caution) among stealth troops. And a way of distinguishing which squares definitely contain bushes/trees and which only look as if they do - the AI has access to the rear-end data, but I don't!

Agent327

Overlord

They are not punished. Players in a Guild are rewarded. Guilds are an integral part of the game. If you want to ignore that, fine, but why should you be rewarded? If you camp in IA you will never be able to use the ASD. Does that mean you are being punished, or are you just the victim of your own game choices?

Yep, I discovered that bit (although, alas, in practice pressing and holding each and every enemy unit on the field before every move just doesn't happen...)
What would be nice would be some way to distinguish between 'enemy unit I can target from the current position' and 'enemy unit that can be targeted, but only by moving forward one or more squares', a heavy cause of deaths (or of unnecessary caution) among stealth troops. And a way of distinguishing which squares definitely contain bushes/trees and which only look as if they do - the AI has access to the rear-end data, but I don't!
Couldn't agree more :)

Deciphering the terrain on a small screen is a nightmare :(

Iran the Red

Private
They are not punished. Players in a Guild are rewarded. Guilds are an integral part of the game. If you want to ignore that, fine, but why should you be rewarded? If you camp in IA you will never be able to use the ASD. Does that mean you are being punished, or are you just the victim of your own game choices?
The first thing the game encorages a player to do is develop friends. Therefore my first guild is my friends list.
Regardless of any future choices we make in the game ,that list remains the 1st list of communication whith other players in the game.
I totally support guild alliance's. As you stated they are an integral part of the game worlds.
I call it PUNISHMENT when a game design group and its management
personnel think they can control whom I associate with within the game ,by placing penalties on those actions.

OK! Had my say .

I will go back and play like a good little child.