• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Trades) Person to Person Trading / Direct Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser105579

I was originally for it, but on further thought I see goods sniping as a part of the game.. you're trying to pay another player or give them a polite trade? Best be fast then, it's a free market.

I would like to point out that with trade linking in messages you already have a decent amount of protection against snipers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17180

I see goods sniping as a part of the game.

Assuming that there are about 500 to 600+ active trades at any given moment (minus goods merchants), is good sniping really a thing?
The whole idea behind having a trade up is to have it taken, right? So how does a "goods sniper" know what trades are Direct Trades? And considering the amount of active trades, we can safely assume that at least 95% of 600+ trades are open for all. So is it really "goods sniping" if you're taking goods from someone who wants to have their goods taken?
Your statement also assumes that Goods Snipers know which trades are meant to be a direct trade offers.
I personally find "goods sniping" as an actual strategy to be a stretch.

trade linking in messages you already have a decent amount of protection against snipers
Although I don't agree on how it protects against goods snipers, I do agree that the new attachment feature is a lot more helpful. Direct Trade is meant for mutual gain, and attachment option only elevates DT further.

Thanks for the feedback.

Emberguard

Legend
What's the purpose of the market? For players to help each other right? So direct trades would stream line that purpose

It's still a free market if you allow direct trading, it's just freeing up the market from unfair trades. Otherwise by the logic you're using we should scrap guild only trades, because you know; "Free market"

Most players that are wanting direct trades are doing things like 1 bronze age good for 2 Oceanic goods. Because those deals are for FPs

I don't see a direct player trade as being detrimental to the market at all. It should allow us to find trades we actually want easier then it currently is

DeletedUser103052

+1
People can already make whatever trades they like between neighbours/friends/guildies, having this option would just make trawling through pages and pages of trades to find the right one a bit easier as I assume these 'Direct Trades' would be in their own tab or at least be highlighted so you could tell which ones they are.

DeletedUser112027

Everything about this is cool, I even like it, but I don't think it is necessary. Here is what I mean:

-- Guildie is going to help me with the goods for a GB (sweet);

-- Guildie and I work out our agreement by PM (easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy);

-- I load up in our goods/PM thread the offer (20 boxes of toothpicks for 20,000 space-age-pollimers);

-- The offer sits there, seen by the players currently in my market (guild/hood/friends) until Guildie fills order.

-- The End.

If another random player wants to spend 20,000 space-age-pollimers for my measly 20 boxes of toothpicks? That would be quite odd, a bit weird and totally unlikely, but in the end it would save my Guildie buddy the goods and I would get what I wanted.

The moral of the story: have the player getting the deal submit the trade and no one, ever, will snipe it.

Still. Cool idea/presentation

E.

[Edit: And if you are in a Guild that is super touchy about "fair trades" I've seen Guildies post in our trade thread -- "temporary unfair trade posted in the market" -- to alert Guild Mob Bosses about the GB goods help.]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17180

@elfish lad I see your point of view, and it does make sense.
But i believe we should consider a few things. For example, we may have trade deals with the people in our Friends list (as I often do), in which case, Direct Trading would be great.
Another situation it'd be helpful in would be if the guild has a lot of members, wherein a third guild member might just take the trade for the sake of being helpful. Even if two parties have an open conversation regarding the trade in the Guild Thread, the likelihood of another guildie taking the trade without reading the conversation is quite high, and that would ruin the trade deal despite it being talked about. That's a good deal for one side, not so good for the other.
One more thing we should consider is timezone. I'm in a guild where people are from all across the globe, some in lower era, some up to date. Often times I make deals with lower era members where we trade old goods for new ones (say Algae for Bionic Data) and just because of timezone, the trade gets taken by another guild member.
I think these are valid reasons for this feature.

great story though, 5/7. like skyrim with toothpicks

Agent327

Overlord
Another situation it'd be helpful in would be if the guild has a lot of members, wherein a third guild member might just take the trade for the sake of being helpful. Even if two parties have an open conversation regarding the trade in the Guild Thread, the likelihood of another guildie taking the trade without reading the conversation is quite high, and that would ruin the trade deal despite it being talked about. That's a good deal for one side, not so good for the other.
One more thing we should consider is timezone. I'm in a guild where people are from all across the globe, some in lower era, some up to date. Often times I make deals with lower era members where we trade old goods for new ones (say Algae for Bionic Data) and just because of timezone, the trade gets taken by another guild member.
I think these are valid reasons for this feature.

No there isn't. Timezones, Guilds, it all doesn't matter. If you want to trade something personal you make an appointment with that person and trade. It is as simple as that.

DeletedUser113537

Is this no longer possible....I d9nt have a player check box when I open my trades

DeletedUser114565

-1. Luck is also part of the game and there is no such thing as sniping. When you say sniping, it was intentional attack. I don’t even know who I am trading with in the free market not until the transaction is done and got posted in my townhall. It was luck that brought me to a very good deal that I can’t resist when I happen to be inside the marketplace.

DeletedUser110264

Proposal
Add an option to directly trade with a certain player.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, didn't find any.

Reason
We often have trade deals with particular players that is mutually beneficial, but due to the lack of direct trading, the trades are likely to get taken by other players or guild members, which would benefit only one of the two parties. Hence, we require a direct trading option wherein there are no external interference.

Details
There are two sides to this; the Offeror's side, & the Receiver's side.
Offeror's side:
Let the following GIF explain how this will work.

kvltr6H.gif

When you're creating a new trade, there will be a checkbox to choose a player alongside the 'Guild Only' checkbox. Selecting 'Player' will give you a popup box to type in a player's name, which will trigger the player search engine. Once you select the required player, the player name will show up right below the 'Player' checkbox. With the player now selected, you can choose your good and create an offer.
Once the trade offer has been created, it will be listed on 'Your Current Offers' tab, with its own unique icon to separate it from other forms of trades (neighbourhood trades, guild trades). The following GIF will explain in more detail.

RiNnCss.gif

As the GIF shows, Player Only trade will have unique icons on separate it from the others. Hovering on the icon gives them the option to see to which player they offered that particular trade.

Receiver's side:
On the Receiver's side, the 'Trading' tab will show an extra checkbox for 'Direct Trades' which, once selected, shows all the trades offered directly to you. You can either accept the trade(s) or delete them. In case of being spammed by multiple trades from random users that you do not have a trade deal with, you can delete all the spam trades with the 'Delete All' button.

eGILqic.gif

Balance/Abuse Prevention
As mentioned just a second ago, it's possible that a troll would spam a player with scores of trades just to annoy them. In that case, the 'Delete All' button will be very handy and will take only two clicks to get rid of the spam.

FAQs
Q:
How will a player know if they've been offered a direct trade?
A: I think it's safe to assume that the two parties have talked with each other before the trade was offered in the first place. If that hasn't happened, its most likely spam.

WOW mate, this is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.