• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade: What is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It seems to me (in my infancy) that trade is only to swap and switch commodities,
but there's no payment of gold or supplies for them. So, then players are merely
changing say 4 wine for 20 dye, or the like.

So, what is the point of wasting floor space on commodities when you can build
structures that will bring about higher production, culture, military and/or gold levels?

DeletedUser

because you need goods to do researches or negotiate provinces

DeletedUser

Yeah. I'm only just finishing bronze age, right now. But I'd like to see trade commodities more tightly integrated into the game. Closer ties with researches, and maybe included into certain buildings and units. It makes sense to specify marble for the construction of a statue, stone for roof-tiled buildings, wine to recruit horseman (who on earth would get onto a horse without a glass inside them?) and so on.

Just my tupenny-ha'penny worth!

Best wishes, 2RM.

DeletedUser

ya that'd be good, if we can produce like 1000/24 hours, it'd be great to send off those cannon fodder with a good bottle of booze at least :D

DeletedUser

because you need goods to do researches or negotiate provinces

I think what Henry ment was why people build building althought they do not have the bonus for it..
which means their productivity cost much more and is much slower, as this game is made for trading.
everyone should concentrate on their bonus build only what they need/should,
and then trade it with people that do need those goods with their goods you will be needing.
This is much more efficient and more fun. (you rather build 2 or 3 form your bonus buildings than the buildings you do not need)

just my 2 cents.,just saying we are doing this in our continent on brisgard and this works pretty well.

DeletedUser1081

I think what Henry ment was why people build building althought they do not have the bonus for it ...

it sounds to me like Henry hasn't gotten far enough in the game to realize that everyone gets different deposits; that the deposits let you produce those particular goods way way faster; and that we all need a whole range of goods to unlock research, negotiate, etc.

goods and trade are important - you'll see, Henry.

DeletedUser

Thanks guys. Yes, I honestly just didn't know what the use of trade was, as I'm just finishing the Bronze age now. I can see for the "Militia" upgrade in the science centre I will need wine to unlock that technology, so I'm starting to find out why we need them. I thought at first that by producing commodities, we could sell them and so have another way of earning income. Oh well.

I would have thought gold could open any door lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.