• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Trade production/gold

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Allow production and gold to be traded in the same way other resources are.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Can't see it, no.

Reason:
Players struggle in neighbourhoods where trade is weak.

Details:
Simply use the existing trade system, but open it up to include the option to trade production and coins too. Players can then trade production or coins with other players or NPC traders, either to buy other resources like Iron, Cloth etc or to 'swap' coins for production and vice-versa.

Visual Aids:
N/a

Balance:
There should be no impact on other areas of the game if this is done properly.

Abuse Prevention:
You need to keep it challenging to achieved a balanced economy via a mix of residential/production buildings. You would need to set trade limits to prevent 'rich' players from being able to buy their way through the game too quickly. This could be done easily by setting the right exchange rates (like you can only offer a maximum of 2 of one resource for 1 of another in the current system) or a maximum trade value (i.e. you cannot trade more than 10,000 coins in one go etc). You could also ensure players have to use forge points to trade prevent excessive trading.

Summary:
This shouldn't be a massive exercise as you are using existing systems and will not need new buildings or graphics to allow it.

DeletedUser1094

Well, you can't see the old proposals... that's why you couldn't find it.
It has been proposed before, even more than once as I recall it... and I'm afraid it's not going to happen.
It would ruin the whole trade-system and with that a major part of the game-play. It would simply get too easy to buy your goods needs. I'm definitely against it...

DeletedUser2029

as I recall, there was a post by some senior moderator on what ideas will never be implemented, this is one of them
I'm writing this because I think that it would be wise to make a sticky thread with this list in the idea section, to prevent these kind of ideas.

DeletedUser

It actually already is a sticky in this forum: See here
In it, you can see this:
Blacksmith said:
Dont put up ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

Strategy such as
-Better trade offers (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding)
I know the OP tried to create a noble idea for those that struggle, but too much abuse could be had from anything like that.

Anyway, as this is already a breach of what ideas can and cannot be posted, I think there's no point in discussing it further.

- L

DeletedUser2029

sorry about that, completely forgot about it.
I had in mind some older post where this was specifically mentioned (I understood that sticky thread as a warning against abolition of trade ratio limitations)