• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade Offers

DeletedUser2250

I'm trying to setup trades that people actually want to use, this is what I got set up so far in my neighbourhood:

Offer: 12 Marble
Need: 7 Cloth

Offer: 11 Marble
Need: 7 Iron

Offer: 13 Stone
Need: 11 Iron

Offer: 10 Marble
Need: 10 Lumber

Offer: 10 Marble
Need: 10 Dye

Offer: 9 Limestone
Need: 10 Cloth

Offer: 9 Limestone
Need: 11 Iron

Offer: 9 Stone
Need: 12 Lumber

Offer: 9 Stone
Need: 12 Dye

Offer: 7 Limestone
Need: 15 Lumber

Offer: 7 Limestone
Need: 15 Dye

What do you guys think? Too bad I only got 2 other players offering trades in my neighbourhood =/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if you want people to actually accept your trades, you should be offering 1:1 for same age goods, and 2:1 for goods that are of one age higher. If I saw your offers on the market I wouldn't accept them unless I was absolutely desperate.

DeletedUser2250

I based my trades on total ammount of spaces used to create the goods (including population). Marble/Lumber/Dye needs 21, Stone needs 28, Iron needs 33, Cloth needs 36 and Limestone needs 40.

DeletedUser2250

1 marble building + 3 population building (Roof Tile House) = 21 spaces used
1 stone building + 3 population building (Roof Tile House) = 28 spaces used

etc

DeletedUser

so how does cost to produce a good factor in? are you aware that limestone costs twice as much as lumber to produce?

DeletedUser2250

2 Lumber costs the same to make as 1 Limestone (200 gold + 200 production), but needs 38 spaces (2 lumber buildings, 5 population buildings) vs 40 spaces for Limestone (1 limestone building + 6 population building). Just trying to figure out the other factors ;)

DeletedUser

2 Lumber costs the same to make as 1 Limestone (200 gold + 200 production), but needs 38 spaces (2 lumber buildings, 5 population buildings) vs 40 spaces for Limestone (1 limestone building + 6 population building). Just trying to figure out the other factors ;)

...well have fun with that, again, I would not trade with you with the offers you made

DeletedUser462

Boko are you in Cigard?...if so, I cannot see your offers..can you see mine?..At the moment I can only see 1 other offer apart from my trade offers....

DeletedUser1081

Boko and Rakatar both realize that at present we can only trade with our immediate neighbours, right?

each world consists of miles and miles of 80-person "neighbourhoods". you can see your "local 80" on that interaction bar at the bottom of your village page. right now that's who you can trade with. we all hope that will change soon.

DeletedUser

Boko and Rakatar both realize that at present we can only trade with our immediate neighbours, right?

each world consists of miles and miles of 80-person "neighbourhoods". you can see your "local 80" on that interaction bar at the bottom of your village page. right now that's who you can trade with. we all hope that will change soon.

and this is why I made a suggestion to include this in the ingame tutorial

DeletedUser1081

i reckon it'll be very worthwhile to suggest that the in-game tutorial should be modified to include p-to-p interactions, fighting and trading - but only after it's been settled how those aspects of the game are going to work. right now those systems are all still works in progress, so developing a tutorial to explain things that will be changing (hopefully soon and maybe radically) is possibly not the best use of the developers' time.