• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Trade) non-guild only

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111815

Proposal:
Add another tick option to the trading tab that says 'non-guild only'.

Reason:
Twofold.
1) Some people like to be merchants by benefiting from trading unfairly on the market. However, most guilds don't like unfair trades. Higher era players sometimes automatically accept all guild only trades, which now sometimes mean they accept unfair trades.
2) Some people like to rebalance their stock by trading goods outside the guild (that are currently rare within the guild). Adding this option means that guild members no longer have to go through a bunch of trades that they cannot accept anyway.

Details:
See above.

Visual Aids:
Just add another tick option next to where it says 'guild only' now.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't see how this can be abused.

DeletedUser111351

-1 as written
+1 in reasoning for need for something similar.

If I understand the proposal, it is suggesting that players would be able to offer trades that other guild members would have absolutely no way to ever see. As a player that routinely avoids buying or offering unfair trades, I absolutely want to stop seeing all the unfair trades. I just left one guild in large part to the large percentage of trades there which were all unfair.

While I want to see and buy fair trades, sometimes I may be in desperate need of a good. Even an unfair trade that costs me double the number of goods is often a "better" deal than paying a forge point to trade outside of guild to get a similar fair trade. Or maybe there is no similar trade available to me at all at the time.

Once again, I'm all for the idea of filtering in or out fair versus unfair trades, or clearly indicating which is which. What I don't want is to create a system where there is absolutely no way for me to see certain trades.

I still stick by my suggestion in another thread of similar reasonings to this one. Don't sort the trades based on ratio of offered to needed goods. Sort the trades based on actual value of the trades.

DeletedUser108278

+1 for the suggestion:
"Only show guild offers" button /in trade menu/ to open only offers marked with "only guild members can see this offer" button /in create offer menu/.
In other words you should know your guildmates names if searching goods in open market ;)

DeletedUser110579

+1 I was going to make a similar suggestion. I think you do not even have to add another option. I have never used the existing "guild only". Changing it into "exclude guild" would be so much more useful.

Emberguard

Legend
+1

We need more filter options.

I'd like for them to add friends only. And program it so friends and neighbourhood along with the guild-only remain active when we click another option rather then deactivating every time we click between options. That way we can customise the filters to our needs instead of being restricted to the specific choices provided.

Tex Snoot

Private
-1 as written
+1 in reasoning for need for something similar.

If I understand the proposal, it is suggesting that players would be able to offer trades that other guild members would have absolutely no way to ever see. As a player that routinely avoids buying or offering unfair trades, I absolutely want to stop seeing all the unfair trades. I just left one guild in large part to the large percentage of trades there which were all unfair.

While I want to see and buy fair trades, sometimes I may be in desperate need of a good. Even an unfair trade that costs me double the number of goods is often a "better" deal than paying a forge point to trade outside of guild to get a similar fair trade. Or maybe there is no similar trade available to me at all at the time.

Once again, I'm all for the idea of filtering in or out fair versus unfair trades, or clearly indicating which is which. What I don't want is to create a system where there is absolutely no way for me to see certain trades.

I still stick by my suggestion in another thread of similar reasonings to this one. Don't sort the trades based on ratio of offered to needed goods. Sort the trades based on actual value of the trades.

I think the idea is to suppress trades not marked as 'guild-only' from appearing the 'guild-only' filter on the trades list. Guild members would still be able to see the trades on the open list, i.e. if they don't apply the 'guild-only' filter.

DeletedUser109731

Rather than all this guild and non guild would it not be easier just to have a button that allows you to see only fair trades ... giving you the option to sensor out all unfair trades regardless of who posts them ... we have one to post fair trades only so why not one to view fair trades only ...

Status
Not open for further replies.