• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Trade] New Trade Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: A new filter to show only fair trades, similar to the mobile button that automatically makes trades you post fair.

I feel as if I've seen something like this before but I couldn't find anything.

Reason: We have newbies out there who get taken in by profiteers and even experienced players, who do sweeps of trades in their guild, or the trade that's camouflaged so it looks legit, like 5 for 8, if you don't stop and stare at it for a moment you probably miss that they're trying to profit off of you.

Details: A trade filter that displays only trades of the same age at 1:1, trading up at 2:1 and trading down at 1:2.

No visuals, balance issues or possible abuse

With this it would become a simpler matter to let the profiteers bleed each other and leave honest traders out of it, guilds with fair trade policies wouldn't have to police the market as extensively to keep the riff-raff out.

DeletedUser

yes please, its so annoying when you have to create a trade work out math and everything if you can just do it on mobile,
+1

DeletedUser107616

+1...

t1.jpg
something like this too, to show ONLY the goods you want to get or give...
adtomarket.jpg
add this to the corner for other filter options, like...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
+1 - it would be a sort of equivalent to the 'only show guild trades' button. If you really want the goods then you can switch it off and go looking for any possible offers of any kind - if you just want to do a clean sweep of the guild trades then leave it on.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
+1
Filter checkbox to show fair trades or better next to the guild checkbox

I am getting so sick of greedy people who think their goods are rare and therefore think 10 of their goods is worth 20 the same age, even worse are those who try to trade their goods for the same amount of goods 2-3 ages up

At the very least the trades more than an age apart should be in red text to show newbies they are not ideal at best, same for unfair trades of same age or 1 apart

+1

As someone who realises that 'fair trades' are often not very fair, I think this is a good idea.

With this it would become a simpler matter to let the profiteers bleed each other and leave honest traders out of it, guilds with fair trade policies wouldn't have to police the market as extensively to keep the riff-raff out.
With this it would become a simpler matter to let the abusers under the 'fair trade' nonsense bleed each other and leave honest traders out of it, guilds with so-called 'fair trade' policies wouldn't have to police the market as extensively to keep the honest traders out.

I have just added another proposal which I feel strengthens and enhances what this proposal is trying to achieve.

Guild-only-trades option on the market

DeletedUser111848

-1 it already is fair 5:8 is a good trade as long as your giving 5

DeletedUser110195

Any trade is fair if the buyer decides to accept it. If a buyer does not think a trade is fair, they are not compelled to trade.
Prinza, not everyone stops and looks over a trade, and decides it's a good trade before taking it. A lot of older players will sweep the markets of their guilds without looking at trades at all, just taking whatever they can take because they are in guilds with enforced trade ratios they agree with. If everyone has to stop and read every trade to make sure it's what they call fair, then fewer kind gestures like simply accepting everything one can accept will end, because the time required to do so will become prohibitive.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Any trade is fair if the buyer decides to accept it. If a buyer does not think a trade is fair, they are not compelled to trade.

When you're stuck in a corner surrounded by crap it often gets hard trying to keep your shoes clean .. Greed should not be promoted nor should it be tolerated ..

DeletedUser110195

It's their fault.
Then maybe what we need is a confirmation before a trade is taken, highlighting what you will give and what you will get before the trade is finalized and done.

Ultimately the filter I've proposed will solve this problem in its entirety. People who don't want anything outside of fair trade ratios won't take them, and if someone does want that, they can take that and they will have wanted it, not stumbled into it.

Prinza, not everyone stops and looks over a trade, and decides it's a good trade before taking it. A lot of older players will sweep the markets of their guilds without looking at trades at all, just taking whatever they can take because they are in guilds with enforced trade ratios they agree with. If everyone has to stop and read every trade to make sure it's what they call fair, then fewer kind gestures like simply accepting everything one can accept will end, because the time required to do so will become prohibitive.
Hence my suggestion to improve the game interface, based on the concept that guilds shouldn't really be demanding what members trade to outsiders, any more than they have a say in who is plundered.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-only-trades-option-on-the-market.33774/

I don't think a lack of good interface, nor what 'older players' have a habit of doing makes a difference to what I defined as being a fair trade. Even you are subtly agreeing with me with these days, if I can be presumptious and define a 'good' trade as a 'fair' trade.

According to the game's concept of what is fair, anything traded between 1:2 to 2:1 is fair. It will quite happily assure me that 2 BA goods is fair to trade for 1 OF goods, while not thinking that the same BA goods are worth 2 IA goods!
IMG_1245.jpg
The only consistent rationale I have seen to define a 'fair trade' is whether someone else is willing to trade it.

When you're stuck in a corner surrounded by crap it often gets hard trying to keep your shoes clean .. Greed should not be promoted nor should it be tolerated ..
Well, that obviously knocks this game flat, since Inno are very outspoken in supporting plundering. When I plunder, I don't give anything in return!

Last edited:

DeletedUser111351

I'm all for improving the trade interface and making it easier to determine better or worse deals. I would be fine with this proposal being implemented, but what the game really needs is a better sort algorithm. Right now the trades are all listed in order based on the seller to buyer goods ratio. The display promotes worse trades simply because the ratio is bigger.

In the current setup if I were to offer 10 wine for 5 biolight this would be shown as an excellent 2:1 trade. Whereas if I offered 5 biolight for 10 wine this would be shown as a terrible 1:2 trade. Both of these trades are of the exact opposite quality rating. Also 10 wine for 5 ebony would be listed as excellent and 5 ebony for 10 wine as poor. In fact both of these trades are considered to be "fair" and of exactly equal quality (neither good nor bad, but normal).

What the game needs is take the age of the respective goods and the quantities and order the trades according to quality. The above named trades would be shown:
5 biolight for 10 wine
10 wine for 5 ebony
5 ebony for 10 wine
10 wine for 5 biolight
(the wine for ebony trades are considered equal and ordered based on which order was offered first as is the current tie-breaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.