• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trade duplicate Cherry Garden peices for those which are missing.

DeletedUser110620

Proposal:
The idea is simple. Where players have missing pieces to the Cherry Garden set, give them one last, bonus Quest to give them an opportunity to trade (or work for) for pieces they don't have yet.

Reason:
With the completion of the Spring Event 2017, players who made their best efforts to complete the set are left short. I feel that they deserve a second chance to proudly display, and utilize a full fledged Cherry Garden set.

Details:
The game has a quest, for example "Make a 5x5 space available in your city, then Place any of the Cherry Garden set already constructed in your city inside it to show you have a 5x5 space." Reward being, "Trade one piece of Cherry Garden set for another"

Visual Aids:

Balance:
I think the "Cherry Garden Set" building experimentation is a great idea! I hope that by providing this opportunity players will feel more satisfied by the experience. Also this could set the tone for furture rewards in quests.

Abuse Prevention:
Well, maybe it's a bit unfair if players who didn't go to real effort got this opportunity. I'd say one of two critirior be met to have a chance of getting the final piece of a set. EITHER: 1. "Completed the Spring Event to the last quest" OR 2. "Have 5 or more pieces of the Cherry Garden set and at least one is a duplicate."
Finally, though, I think it goes without saying, players should not be able to trade for pieces they already have - as this will defeat the purpose.

Summary:
It's a little favor to reward good, dedicated players.
I think this has enough restrictions to make it fair, but not anything a player can manipulate to advantage them to any great degree, if the conditions are implemented.
I still would feel sad for those who complete the quest and have only 3 pieces, should something be done to help them in that case?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110620

Hey! :D
Thanks for messaging, your right. But I decided to try this twist on your approach. It is essentially different.
I hope this approach with the quest to make space for the complete set will show enough intent by the player that the opportunity is not wasted. I would bet though that the Powers-that-be have already thought about granting the complete set and are ready to just say "NO." But I hope they reopen the discussions and see that this approach is one which can dismiss some of their concerns. So let's hope.
Hopefully we get one of our ideas through.
Cheers

DeletedUser

Hey! :D
Thanks for messaging, your right. But I decided to try this twist on your approach. It is essentially different.
I hope this approach with the quest to make space for the complete set will show enough intent by the player that the opportunity is not wasted. I would bet though that the Powers-that-be have already thought about granting the complete set and are ready to just say "NO." But I hope they reopen the discussions and see that this approach is one which can dismiss some of their concerns. So let's hope.
Hopefully we get one of our ideas through.
Cheers
yeah, all we can do is see and wait lol

DeletedUser110195

I'm hoping we see the pieces of this as GE rewards or something, for those of us who only managed to get the three guaranteed pieces like myself >_>

DeletedUser110620

If I had gone through the whole quest line and only had 3 pieces, I'd be very annoyed. I hope you can get the rest of your Cherry Garden set.

DeletedUser110620

I don't mind this vanilla chit chat in the video. And the attempt to comfort and reassure can be rather soothing. But I must refer to the above: "Also this could set the tone for future rewards in quests." It's a gentle reminder to the powers that be, they need to get it right, and not just "chit chat" like in the video. As the game and it's sequence of quest, rewards and opportunities do not always accommodate every player. I'd be concerned with those who are in three months looking at their Cherry Garden and don't see any point in spending the store building items they have to keep it. They will also be unmotivated by future quest lines which look like that of the Cheery Garden quests.

There is a simple dynamic about the rules about placing the pieces next to each other to get the boosts which is a little unfair. I see players who - frustratingly have 5 pieces already in their city, who find no advantage of placing them together because they have two sets of duplicates - what would help is a relaxing of the "next to unique buildings" rule - to make it cool. Until then, it looks just retarded to see. :)

A relaxing of the "next to unique buildings" rule would be very cool. :D

One could then customize it for attack, defense, goods.... whatever purpose they wish.

Last edited by a moderator: