• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Town Size (expansion)

DeletedUser

Ok now my town is full and with my researches i have like 4 building each big like an expansion lot that i dunno where to put,dont u think the expansion of the city should a bit more faster or more often in the reasearch tree?
Is it only me or you too think its just a limit they put on purpose so u pay for diamonds for space?,at the moment if i would have more space no army of a non paying player would be able to defeat me...people who pay will be the first in ranking for sure this way,and noone will be able to surpass them without paying,and yes all this just by space,coz now i am full of researches gold and supplies..and lots of buildings to do,but if i put all of em i would not have space for even one house,

PS:town Hall is too big

DeletedUser

While I agree that the advantage for paying players does seem huge right now, there are other ways to expand your town. By winning PvP medals you can pay for further expansions. FoE is supposed to be a slow paced game, so expect it to take while to get your city to a large size.

DeletedUser

While I agree that the advantage for paying players does seem huge right now, there are other ways to expand your town. By winning PvP medals you can pay for further expansions. FoE is supposed to be a slow paced game, so expect it to take while to get your city to a large size.

The diamond expansions aren't that significant. They released 0.9.0 a week before the closed beta, and they made some massive "balancing" changes where it requires a ton of population for everything. I went from having a good +50 available population to -1050 in my old town, after they applied the patch. I'm hoping they're going to take another look at it, because there's simply not enough space between the number of houses required, the happiness buildings required for them, and the population requirement for goods/military buildings.

DeletedUser211

well, you have to choose. Do you pick as huts (very little population/square, but brings good gold) or other house (that take less space for same population).
And ofcourse, there is always the challenge to build it all with the least amount of roads as possible. Yesterday i moved all my buildings around because my city was full. And managed to free up 9 slots

DeletedUser

Winning pvp medals is just for the champion so what all the other players do? and also in m continent i was first and now a man i think he spent at least 100 euro coz in 8 hours he is iron age with full premium building and 5 times my points and he expanded all the city nearly to max,dont u call that overkill?

DeletedUser

Winning pvp medals is just for the champion so what all the other players do? and also in m continent i was first and now a man i think he spent at least 100 euro coz in 8 hours he is iron age with full premium building and 5 times my points and he expanded all the city nearly to max,dont u call that overkill?

You are in major error.Here's the correct answer:

Currently the medal system gives the first 5 pvp players rewards for there successful battles. The medal rewards are doubled in each progressing age:

Bronze Age

1st 10
2nd 5
3rd 3
4th 2
5th 1

Iron Age

1st 20
2nd 10
3rd 6
4th 4
5th 2

Early Middle Age

1st 40
2nd 20
3rd 12
4th 8
5th 4

Please note that this information is still subject to change.

DeletedUser

yea and the other 75 people that lose they cannot win anymore because they have no space to expand,to take provinces u have the option to pay with material,problem is u have not enogh space to build all the industries and even if u have the people that paid will just get em with 20-30 diamonds and they will have material faster,i think this game is playable only with diamonds,because the gap between non-paying and paying player is huge

DeletedUser

yea and the other 75 people that lose they cannot win anymore because they have no space to expand,to take provinces u have the option to pay with material,problem is u have not enogh space to build all the industries and even if u have the people that paid will just get em with 20-30 diamonds and they will have material faster,i think this game is playable only with diamonds,because the gap between non-paying and paying player is huge

I've already had 2 expansions -> research tree and conquering a region. I don't see any problems with expansion. You can probably grow faster with diamonds yes, but on the other hand, if someone wants to waste an aweful lot of money on this game let them. The gap won't be that huge if you know what you are doing and are active (especially activity is important as far as I can tell, even more important then with Tribal Wars)

DeletedUser

I've already had 2 expansions -> research tree and conquering a region. I don't see any problems with expansion. You can probably grow faster with diamonds yes, but on the other hand, if someone wants to waste an aweful lot of money on this game let them. The gap won't be that huge if you know what you are doing and are active (especially activity is important as far as I can tell, even more important then with Tribal Wars)
As i said i was first of continent and these days i am always home so i am playing,then i see someone that just signed 6 hours before (12 after me) that surpass me for about 4 times my points,i visit hima nd he had all premium building and all his town map expanded and he was in iron age and he had alrdy all the factories for all materials,in 6 hours...

DeletedUser

I play this game since 2 days and I would say this game heavily depends on money/diamonds and time. You need to pay (a lot?) to stay in reach with the top players and additionally you need to spend a lot of time to earn ressources. So if you're able to pay and to click beside work, you will get a good ranking.
In closed beta I dont pay anything and I'm curious about how far I come without diamonds. You're right Colossus90, you need expansions. 2 expansions are nice, more expansions are nicer. ,)

DeletedUser

Game is very well balanced.Don't know what You all complaining about.
Actually it's going too fast IMHO.I play 5th day and in about 2 days will finish Bronze Age.Right now I'am in #6 and 1st in tournament.
Never paid for any online game and never will.
Who cares about Diamond buying players ? They' will burn fast, get bored and dissapear.
Chill out and enjoy it.

Happy Easter everyone.

DeletedUser

the expansions are good. Yes, sometimes u run out of space, but follow the tech tree and u can get more expansions if u do it properly. U cannot expect to have every building in town, do the math, see what u want to achieve and design your city towards that goal.

DeletedUser

I don't know, the pacing seems pretty nice. If you want more expansion you can get it through research and conquering areas pretty quickly in bronze age. I''m just into iron age and I have 6 extra spaces, 1 from medals. This is more than enough for what I need what with upgraded houses and cultural buildings. I have room for 2 slinger buildings, 2 soldier buildings, a horseman stable, a spearfighter building, a warrior building, three goods buildings, a fruit farm and blacksmith, and population of 800+ with houses I can still upgrade. Don't plan on buying diamonds either.

DeletedUser

I agree with the original post, I am part way through the Iron age, I have a very prosperous city with potters, blacksmith, fruit farm, stone, marble, wine, timber, dye production and a decent army also, but I still have a number of buildings that I can not place, such as school or goat farm...

DeletedUser

I have been playing for 3 days and have quite a lot of buildings that I can't build because of lack of space ... I have researched Craftwork (Bronze age ) to get the expansion, only to find out that I can't unlock it because I need 2 Marble & 2 Lumber which I can't buy or produce ... I could build a Lumbermill and produce lumber and then trade in for Marble ... the problem is, to get 2 Marble I need 20 Lumber ... with a Lumber production of 1 in 4 hours it would take 80 hours ( 88 hours need 2 to unlock ) ... an option to buy land with Gold and/or Produces would be better

DeletedUser210

If you don't have any space for goods buildings, demolish something you don't need or rearrange your buildings to get a more efficient layout.

DeletedUser

Greetings,

I think it is not balanced, to the "Premium people" put down a lot of expansions, and make buildings!

But if won't change, I think we'll got more Premium Points, because if I buy an expansion, it is 200 Premium Points, and I think the 6500 Premium points are very little for our money (it is the biggest verion)!

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Hetroxos

DeletedUser

I agree - the premium costs are a little expensive, a good game should cost about $30 USD a month to play, I have been playing as a premium player to see just what it costs, and I would say more like $80 USD a month, so your right it is a bit expensive and I agree with some of the other comments about expansions should be always available for gold and diamonds regardless...

DeletedUser

optimise your space i reworked my town when i got tiled roof houses and i wa able to add in a extra production building

DeletedUser124

i agree that the pacing is ok, forge point system (which requires time, or gold which also requires time) makes this game move just at the right speed.