• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tower Lights

DeletedUser2206

Proposal:
I have an idea for those who want a Christmas Tree: Find all the Blueprints for the Tower of Babel. Pray to the developers to add lighting to said tower; making each light a different colour. Bam, nice tree.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have not come across a similar idea

Reason:
This will give an impression of a Christmas/Winter Tree for those who want one, but where political correctness does not allow an actual "Christmas Tree.

Details:
When we build the Tower of Babel, each level completed will add a colored light; either mixed-colored lighting, or one color; player's choice, as long as the lighting is not over-saturated, as it was with some of the Colonial Age buildings.

Visual Aids:
No Aids available as yet, as I do not yet have a Tower of Babel

Balance:
This should not have any impact on other game features.

Abuse Prevention:
I see no way that this can be abused.

Summary:
When a player is ready to build the Tower of Babel as one of the Great Buildings, he/she can be offered the choice of plain, white lights, or multi-colored lights, depending upon the player's preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice idea but the rate you get bps it may be hard to get a particular great building by xmass how about if you get any great building by xmass your town hall get lights =)

DeletedUser7719

jib has a good point (excluding diamond players) Why specifically the Tower of Babel though? Why not an option to put light around on all houses (but it would take awhile)?

DeletedUser1094

And I want snow falling down on my city, have images of children snow-fighting, and having the citizens go skiing on the roads.... (just keep filling on...) :p
Such "seasonal" features do occur... hmm, elsewhere... so it's possible to implement. But it takes time....
(...and I won't even mention the already over-exhausted Flash-player.)

I like the idea, to have seasonal image-features in FoE... just remember, that the earliest implementation-date will always be "next season".

DeletedUser2206

Ww could do it so that the lights are only activated at certain times of the year. To byeordie: Tower of Babel is the building most shaped like a "Christmas" tree.