• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

TOO MUCH POPULATION

JialBlood

Private
Drowninginpeople.jpg

I'm drowning in useless pop, currently my pop is 747,501 of which 653,593 is available, meaning that 87.44% of my pop unemployed, aka. useless.
Every new event there comes new buildings with ridiculous pop bonuses, like the fairly recent 'Celtic Farmstead' at SAV with lvl.10 it gives 20,762 pop, which is ridiculous.

I have a lvl.91 'Innovation Tower' that gives 46,185 pop, so 2 farmsteads are nearly equal to a lvl.91 GB in pop, and that's just one event building;
Crow's Nest, Ferris Wheel, Mountain Reserve, Pirates Hideout, Governor's Villa, Winter Canal, Golden Crops, Fiore Village, Druid Temple...

All these buildings effectively eliminate any reason to build residential buildings, I think the last time I built any was during Postmodern Era, after that they lost any necessity.
It just really grinds my gears to have all this pop and nothing to use it on, if there was something to use them on, like placing additional pop to a production building to boost the supplies output or human sacrifices to appease the forge gods for all I care.

I personally think that most event buildings should get pop nerfs, like at least 50% or remove them from some and keep them in others that make sense, Governor's Villa or Fiore village makes sense to have pop, but not so much the Mountain Reserve or Ferris Wheel.

Tl:dr Too much event building pop plz nerf

Thought's, opinions?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The primary reason perhaps that all these Event Buildings provide population, is to help the newish players. These buildings can quickly eliminate the need for residential buildings, thereby providing extra space for other buildings - such as more Event Buildings.
Your argument against the population bonus on Event Buildings could perhaps be a parallel argument against all the combat bonus' that so many of these buildings have - and the total amount of bonus is basically useless - as yourself could probably admit - GE is just a cakewalk, since you can easily autobattle all 4 levels, often without losing a single troop.
There is very little balance to this game for a while now, and Inno's own lack of providing information, or explanations, or fixing many of the unbalances shows that there is very little desire to fix issues. As such, things will just continue to grow with a minor tweak perhaps here and there - but overall, basically, things will continue to grow - without any real growth.

Emberguard

Legend
The game used to provide only population or only happiness on events. Back then you would require balancing event buildings out with other non-event buildings. This was changed to events having both happiness and population due to player feedback.

You’re right, event buildings could hypothetically just not provide population and that would also solve balancing issues while putting the emphasis back on normal / great buildings. I don’t think they’d nerf existing buildings though, which would also makes for a massive advantage to existing players who already have everything as events if future events were to comletely scrap or greatly diminish pop + happy bonuses

papashakes

Corporal
The primary reason perhaps that all these Event Buildings provide population, is to help the newish players. These buildings can quickly eliminate the need for residential buildings, thereby providing extra space for other buildings - such as more Event Buildings.

as a newish player (5 months) the event buildings have allowed me to free up space taken by dwellings and place GBs and goods buildings.. i need goods for GbG as I do a combination of fight/neg as my A/D isn't high enough yet.. I also need goods to trade for higher goods so I can place future era GBs..

I've had to work hard in events to obtain them at highest level without diamonds and many of the quests require space to be able to build then sell the requested building..

the event buildings suit both my playing style and game plan into the future.. that plan may change as I move forward in eras but for now I'm very happy them and what they provide..

isn't there enough going on in RL at the moment for you that you feel the need to whinge about a "first world problem" in here.. I mean if I had excess population like that I would be cheering..

enjoy the game :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I do think both the pop and happiness has taken a huge leap the wrong way. Mainly due to events now you can basically ignore most of the buildings menu from very early on in the game apart from completing quests. Event buildings, a few gbs and now you're away. Not sure it could be changed now as it would only affect new players.

There was a lot more thought into how you laid out your city when you had to consider both pop/happiness. When events just provided very basic rewards which gave 1/2 fp a time, SOK where such a big deal and more premium house/production buildings and barracks without the main prize being involved. I remember when you wanted to move to the next era at the start of events so you could win the barracks from the far end of the tech tree for that era and that was about as much of a boost as you could really get.