• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too much moderating kills chat

• Thread starter DeletedUser58910
  • Start date

DeletedUser58910

Hi people -

Can anyone comment as to why the mods are policing chat so rigidly in Dinegu? Personally I haven't fallen foul of it yet, but I know a lot of people are refusing to use global chat right now for fear of getting banned over something minor. It's a poor thing when people are scared to come out of their guild chat and socialize with the wider gaming community on Dinegu because of the way discipline is being enforced. I have seen people get banned for silly things that do not warrant a ban, and also have heard that many people who are banned do not have a proper right of appeal as to the legitimacy of the ban. Often they are just told they have been banned, tough, sit it out and don't ask questions. This is creating ill-feeling among players, and a fair few will leave the game because they do not feel they are being treated fairly.

Also, the situation then becomes something of a joke when you remember that the reason given for the purpose of the new quizzes was to get the community using global chat more, and to encourage community spirit. Way to go if people are too scared to use global at all currently!

I would hope that the FOE staff look at addressing this, or there will be little point to the quizzes, and there will be no community spirit to try and foster - just a sullen silence as people stay huddled in guild chat where they feel safe. And personally I can't blame them at all!

DeletedUser7719

I have a guildy that was banned from that world for posting a link in chat. Can someone give me the details about this? (Did it have a virus? Was he told repeatedly not to do it?) I can't tell if he has already quit though...

DeletedUser276

Hi people -

Can anyone comment as to why the mods are policing chat so rigidly in Dinegu?

lately the behaviour there has been on par with a jr high group. If there werent too many people acting out we wouldnt have to pay so much attention to it.

I have seen people get banned for silly things that do not warrant a ban

Each ban is verified and should be a valid reason. The rules are fairly easy to follow so there should be no confusion on the players side nor the mods side.

many people who are banned do not have a proper right of appeal as to the legitimacy of the ban. Often they are just told they have been banned, tough, sit it out and don't ask questions. This is creating ill-feeling among players, and a fair few will leave the game because they do not feel they are being treated fairly.

I explain to each and every appeal why they were banned. I am sure each mod has as well. If however they feel that the call was unjustified and that the mod is just being mean for no reason they can always request to be bumped up to a senior mod. If they are not happy with the senior mods answer then they can be bumped up to a Community Manager for review of their ban. However that is the top and no further appeal can take place as Community Managers have final say in all things.

Also, the situation then becomes something of a joke when you remember that the reason given for the purpose of the new quizzes was to get the community using global chat more, and to encourage community spirit. Way to go if people are too scared to use global at all currently!

the quizes server way more than just bringing people to the chat. But people seem to have this misguided sense of freedom of speech which is not universal nor mandatory for the internet. as such some people are crude, crass and extremely immature with their speech and actions. This turns into a ban. If people are polite and respectful then there shouldnt be any worry.

I have a guildy that was banned from that world for posting a link in chat. Can someone give me the details about this? (Did it have a virus? Was he told repeatedly not to do it?) I can't tell if he has already quit though...

It is actually in our rules not to post outside links. This includes other games, video share sites, emails etc. Basically anything that is not aimed towards Forge of Empires or any other Innogames game. Links to our forum or other games that we make are fine. We have though had 2 virus links put into our chat so far and that is too many. The safety of our clients computers while using our site is paramount.

DeletedUser9815

lately the behaviour there has been on par with a jr high group. If there werent too many people acting out we wouldnt have to pay so much attention to it.

Each ban is verified and should be a valid reason. The rules are fairly easy to follow so there should be no confusion on the players side nor the mods side.

I explain to each and every appeal why they were banned. I am sure each mod has as well. If however they feel that the call was unjustified and that the mod is just being mean for no reason they can always request to be bumped up to a senior mod. If they are not happy with the senior mods answer then they can be bumped up to a Community Manager for review of their ban. However that is the top and no further appeal can take place as Community Managers have final say in all things.

the quizes server way more than just bringing people to the chat. But people seem to have this misguided sense of freedom of speech which is not universal nor mandatory for the internet. as such some people are crude, crass and extremely immature with their speech and actions. This turns into a ban. If people are polite and respectful then there shouldnt be any worry.

It is actually in our rules not to post outside links. This includes other games, video share sites, emails etc. Basically anything that is not aimed towards Forge of Empires or any other Innogames game. Links to our forum or other games that we make are fine. We have though had 2 virus links put into our chat so far and that is too many. The safety of our clients computers while using our site is paramount.

All the above is correct...Have Clans in the 7 realms, D is The main Hammers Clan. But I chat little in world chat as peeps mouths tend to run wild....If it is policed more, then with time the bad eggs are removed leaving a better game for all....And i have seen now that chat is alot more chilled.....Welldone MoDs :cool: