• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

DeletedUser110327

There is a growing number of expert players camping in the Iron age and EMA preying on new players, stealing their stuff. The problem is growing, and if not addressed it could eventually wreck this game. I've seen it before. Allowing expert players to prey and bully new players destroys games and this game is going the same way. New players bring fresh money to the game. Getting into a new game and having your stuff stolen by bullies who think they are soooooo good but who are really nothing but bullies drives new players away. You need to find a way to keep the bullies away from new players.

Oh, and I'm not interested in listening to anything from those who only attack people who can't attack you back.You're not good players imo.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
You need to find a way to keep the as sholes and bullies away from new players.
lol already implemented stay in iron age and don't pass pvp tech in reserch tree
build your city to get it strong enough there then do like those bullys and plunder every one once you consider your city strong enough you reserch pvp and att who you want
if you don't reserch pvp you won't get attacked

DeletedUser116572

every single feature or change that has been implemented in foe has been met with the same dire warnings of failure
the doomsayers have been going on for years and years

DeletedUser113901

The way to prevent bullying both by age and by city development is to make neighbourhoods based on city starting time. The only things that can make you stronger or weaker than your hoodies then are your activity and your the quality of your gaming.

DeletedUser116572

if anything being plundered early on teaches noobs how to collect on time to avoid being plundered
and there are other strategies such as using 4 hour cycles for some buildings which minimizes any loss of goods
or putting down goods buildings for which one doesnt have a boost
or more importantly it should cause a new player to ask if this game is really their cup of tea and maybe they want to play a single player game instead

Emberguard

Legend
The only real way to prevent "expert players camping" is from preventing acquisition of advanced GBs at all. I don't see that happening outside of a new "special rules" world simply because you'd immediately put a permanent disadvantage on new players.

That being said it depends why these players are finding it a problem as to how much of a solution that'd be. Many of the players I've seen complain the loudest about plundering once a discussion is had with them on how much of the game they understand it turns out they were already struggling with the game in general.

The way to prevent bullying both by age and by city development is to make neighbourhoods based on city starting time. The only things that can make you stronger or weaker than your hoodies then are your activity and your the quality of your gaming.
and money, the guild you're in and your understanding of the game. A player in a top guild could get 2.5k more FPs from their town hall over a year then a player joining a brand new guild (in addition to the other bonuses and resources available)

If players don't mind having the same players in their hood most of the time then it would be a plausible implementation, just might not actually solve anything long term. If you're bundled with a player joining the same day that decides to spend real money, get into a top guild and therefore have the resources to hyper lvl a Arc + other GBs within a short period of time you're still going to have the same problem if they decide to plunder. You're just less likely to get rid of them through neighbourhood rotation if they keep pace with your tech tree. If they camp and then later catch up to you then you're still going to be in the same neighbourhood if it's based on joining times and chances are it'd be a similar situation all over again given they'd have been working on lvl'ing the GBs

I'm thinking your solution would probably be best suited to players stone through to HMA and then from HMA onwards use the current system.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108359

Or the size of your credit card, lol

DeletedUser108359

I really dont think there is any plausible way of stopping/changing this without changing the whole game.

Plundering is part of the game and in any game of this type you will always get your "bullies" , some are just players playing the game, others are egomaniacs who love to literally bully smaller/weaker players because it makes them feel good.

This type of discussion has been had many many times, and by now everyone should know how to deal with these guys. If they dont, then they should learn very fast.

Attachments

• Crazy strong.jpg
    Crazy strong.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

The only real way to prevent "expert players camping" is from preventing acquisition of advanced GBs at all. I don't see that happening outside of a new "special rules" world simply because you'd immediately put a permanent disadvantage on new players.

That being said it depends why these players are finding it a problem as to how much of a solution that'd be. Many of the players I've seen complain the loudest about plundering once a discussion is had with them on how much of the game they understand it turns out they were already struggling with the game in general.

and money, the guild you're in and your understanding of the game. A player in a top guild could get 2.5k more FPs from their town hall over a year then a player joining a brand new guild (in addition to the other bonuses and resources available)

If players don't mind having the same players in their hood most of the time then it would be a plausible implementation, just might not actually solve anything long term. If you're bundled with a player joining the same day that decides to spend real money, get into a top guild and therefore have the resources to hyper lvl a Arc + other GBs within a short period of time you're still going to have the same problem if they decide to plunder. You're just less likely to get rid of them through neighbourhood rotation if they keep pace with your tech tree. If they camp and then later catch up to you then you're still going to be in the same neighbourhood if it's based on joining times and chances are it'd be a similar situation all over again given they'd have been working on lvl'ing the GBs

I'm thinking your solution would probably be best suited to players stone through to HMA and then from HMA onwards use the current system.
Account deletation would cause hood rotation. Every account deleted would move every account under it one spot up. As for spending money, knowing the game and being in a good guild, well that's good gameplay and I've hardly ever seen a game that penalizes you for good gameplay.

Emberguard

Legend
Account deletation would cause hood rotation. Every account deleted would move every account under it one spot up. As for spending money, knowing the game and being in a good guild, well that's good gameplay and I've hardly ever seen a game that penalizes you for good gameplay.
Totally agree knowing the game and being in a good guild is good gameplay. Spending money in itself I would argue isn't so much gameplay as having a different set of resources available. If you don't have the money to spend then it's not even an option.

Not asking for them to be penalised. However depending on how quickly everyone advances and how much the account deletions/inactivity cycles effects the hoods the issue of there being players with enormous differences in what they've built up could still exist only you'd have the same players for longer.

However if the game did somehow manage to isolate all those who rapidly progress from those that don't you'd have an entirely different problem. New players wouldn't be able to use neighbours to get into the top guilds - either through looking at what guilds they're in and asking for a foot in the door, or through BP hunting. Wouldn't be an issue for those that just want to avoid being plundered, but it would make it harder for those that want rapid progress in the game

DeletedUser108359

I consider the money you spend part of your gameplay. And it's normal spenders (people who keep the game running) are rewarded for their money.

I agree absolutely, without people spending money none of us would be able to play.
If i could afford to, i would as well so i dont for a minute hold it against them.
But this does give them a big advantage and other players need to learn how to deal with this in other ways, one big thing in this game is that you Can grow, you can get basically everything that the spenders do, it might just take more work and longer time. obviously if you are in a good guild this will be easier.

Many, if not most other games will only allow you to progress to a certain point then you will start to stagnate or get crushed if you dont/cant spend real cash. so we should be glad that inno has designed this game for everyone.

Agent327

Overlord

Who cares if they mind? It seems like a fair solution to me. Put campers with campers. It's obvious they do not want to move on in the game, so put them with those who think alike. They can hardly have a problem with that and if they do, they could always move on. It's win-win.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No need to try and implement any kind newfangled 'hood sorting system.
If you don't like your current neighbourhood, it'll change in 2 weeks time.

If you're getting plundered, there's plenty of things one can go to stop it, including asking the person/s plundering you for advice on how to better protect yourself.
You'd be amazed how many of us "disgusting, filthy, basement dwelling bullying trolls with no life" will readily offer up advice on how to protect from plundering.

And besides, if losing a single building's production is so disastrous that it halts your city's progress to a crawl, then guess what buttercup - YOUR city is awful and needs improvement!