• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Too many bullies

That know it all - knows nothing - he just loves to stir up the pool. If someone attacks you everyday and Doesn't plunder - they can hardly be called a bully - lol - So to the Know It All - go read the OP

DeletedUser108359

I'd like to say people who regularly and/or constantly break the rules by going deliberately off topic and/or deliberately sabotage other peoples posts or are deliberately argumentative purely to be obnoxious or belittle people ( we all know a specific person who does this, and with impunity ) should be banned from the forums, just deleting their posts all the time is obviously not a deterrent.

Now back to topic, something about this game with regards to attacking and plundering that i find a bit strange is that the attacker has most of the advantages when attacking other players.
Normally the defender automatically has the advantage over an attacker, and it would be very nice if a way could be found to even things a bit.
Perhaps the auto battle feature could be disabled for pvp fights, this would force the attacker to fight manually and if he wanted to attack a lot of players it would be more time consuming, so to plunder he would actually have to do some work.

There is an upgrade to the Watchfire which give more defense % so how about an upgrade of the Ritual Flame which would at level 2 give an attack boost to defenders.

DeletedUser110131

I'd like to say people who regularly and/or constantly break the rules by going deliberately off topic and/or deliberately sabotage other peoples posts or are deliberately argumentative purely to be obnoxious or belittle people ( we all know a specific person who does this, and with impunity ) should be banned from the forums, just deleting their posts all the time is obviously not a deterrent.
Keeping the aside short, to the point, impersonal, and non-argumentative: I disagree. I find the mix of civilization and freedom just right.

Now back to topic, something about this game with regards to attacking and plundering that i find a bit strange is that the attacker has most of the advantages when attacking other players.
Normally the defender automatically has the advantage over an attacker, and it would be very nice if a way could be found to even things a bit.
Perhaps the auto battle feature could be disabled for pvp fights, this would force the attacker to fight manually and if he wanted to attack a lot of players it would be more time consuming, so to plunder he would actually have to do some work.
A good idea. The main objection I can foresee is from players who dislike combat, or aren't very good at it. They can reasonable argue that their investments in military GBs should give them access to the same benefits as anyone else, and that the added risk of having to use auto-battle is punishment enough. Of course, with your idea, they'll still be able to auto-battle their way through GE and GvG. Regardless, I agree that this should be one of the main ideas that should be considered, if Inno decides that there's a problem in need of a solution.

There is an upgrade to the Watchfire which give more defense % so how about an upgrade of the Ritual Flame which would at level 2 give an attack boost to defenders.
That would put some excitement back into neighbourhood battles! Ironically, it may make me more likely to attack, and thus to plunder. Of course, it would also make retaliation against 1337s almost impossible for n00bs. Even so, I like the idea. Inno has shown great reluctance against giving attack boosts to defenders, though, so I don't have high hopes.

DeletedUser108359

A good idea. The main objection I can foresee is from players who dislike combat, or aren't very good at it. They can reasonable argue that their investments in military GBs should give them access to the same benefits as anyone else, and that the added risk of having to use auto-battle is punishment enough. Of course, with your idea, they'll still be able to auto-battle their way through GE and GvG. Regardless, I agree that this should be one of the main ideas that should be considered, if Inno decides that there's a problem in need of a solution.

Thank you Einrikr.
I feel if players dislike combat or arent very good at it then they would have a problem already and i dont see how they would in any way be disadvantaged as they would still have all the benefits from their Gb's, they would just have to fight manually, and besides the time it would take, the only disadvantage would be if they dont know how to use their troops in the best possible way. This is actually their own fault as how can you be a general and not know how your troops operate.
The risk of losing troops or the fight by using auto battle is their own choice they use it because they are lazy and its quicker. ( lol i use it for the same reason :blush:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
You're right, that would make it harder for guilds to find people willing to farm for low age goods. Since guild goods from GBs like Arc and Atomium would become unavailable, though, all those who do farm will have no choice other than to plunder. With all their FPs going into Zeus, against players without even theoretical access to defensive GBs... Wow, that'll be ugly. Meanwhile:
- Low age players will be even more outgunned and outclassed in GvG; contributing in any way on the Iron Age map will be impossible for anyone below Progressive Era.
- Everyone will be locked into a set trajectory, getting the same GBs, in the same way, at the same time, in the same sequence. Strategy and variation will be streamlined into linear monotony. Creativity will be lost, replaced by paint-by-numbers.
And yet that was precisely the situation for most long-term players - nobody had access to the Arc before the Future was released, or any of the other GBs it's now considered a vital part of the game to buy many Ages in advance. Presumably none of these dreadful things happened to them?

DeletedUser110131

And yet that was precisely the situation for most long-term players - nobody had access to the Arc before the Future was released, or any of the other GBs it's now considered a vital part of the game to buy many Ages in advance. Presumably none of these dreadful things happened to them?
I'm really not sure what your point is, here, so forgive me if I miss by a mile.

Were there fewer GBs, and therefore less variation? Sure. Was that a disaster? Absolutely not. Does this mean that reducing the availability of GBs is a good idea? I don't think so. In my opinion, increased complexity is always a good thing, and decreased complexity always a bad thing. I also don't think that fewer GBs will solve the "problem" of plundering. As far as I can tell, the availability of new GBs hasn't led to any noticeable increase in whining about plundering, so there's no reason to think that making GBs unavailable will have any decreasing effect. I certainly can't see any mechanism for how that would work.

The Universe knows two things that are absolute: The speed of light, and the volume of whining about plundering in FoE...

DeletedUser112892

I really hate to repeat same things thousand of times, but, from my own HMA experience in L world:
  1. There are much more campers in low ages that are farmers or just PvP fighters with no intention of plundering than those who plunder. So, the chance that you will get 1 camper who is actively plundering in your neighborhood is...not so big.
  2. Even if campers who love plundering get into your neighborhood, chances that there will be more than 2 of them is small. So, that means approximately. max. 2 buildings plundered ONLY IF YOU AREN'T CAREFUL ENOUGH!
  3. Chances that, amongst plunderers in your neighborhood, you come up to extremely active one who will sit by game all day and wait for your most juicy buildings productions to be finished, is ridiculously small.
  4. You can easily protect yourself from being plundered.
So, I don't understand whining about campers who are plundering anymore. And every player who keeps whining about campers will continue to use same awful arguments (that aren't arguments at all). Instead of whining, see how you can improve yourself, whining about plundering has never helped anyone.

Shad23

Emperor
I'm really not sure what your point is, here, so forgive me if I miss by a mile.
well i think his point is Arc helps to get BP's for your other GB's BP's you could not get when Arc was not there Arc lvl 80 is a game changer you can lvl all your att GB's to outstanding lvl's with it wich makes plunderers eaven stronger then befor Arc apeared in game

Andrew420

Major
Plundering is as much a part of game as collecting coins and FPs
I don't understand whining about campers
every player who keeps whining about campers
Instead of whining
whining about plundering has never helped anyone.
If a player who complains about plunderers and being plundered are considered whiners
Then what are the players that are complaining about the posts they consider whining
Sounds to me like you all are a bunch of whiners
As long as the game allows plundering there will always be plunderers and complainers
Going to the forum to either complain or brag puts them both on the same level :lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser110131

If a player who complains about plunderers and being plundered are considered whiners
Then what are the players that are complaining about the posts they consider whining
As long as the game allows plundering there will always be plunderers and complainers
Going to the forum to either complain or brag puts them both on the same level :lol::lol::lol:
While I'm less and less of a plunderer, due to sheer laziness, I'm still enough of one to resent that! We're not whiners! A bunch of p5y<h0p47h!< 455h0135, perhaps, but never whiners!

Of all the things to call us! *sniff*

DeletedUser112892

Whining against the whiners, that sounds cool 8-)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I really hate to repeat same things thousand of times, but, from my own HMA experience in L world:
  1. There are much more campers in low ages that are farmers or just PvP fighters with no intention of plundering than those who plunder. So, the chance that you will get 1 camper who is actively plundering in your neighborhood is...not so big.
  2. Even if campers who love plundering get into your neighborhood, chances that there will be more than 2 of them is small. So, that means approximately. max. 2 buildings plundered ONLY IF YOU AREN'T CAREFUL ENOUGH!
  3. Chances that, amongst plunderers in your neighborhood, you come up to extremely active one who will sit by game all day and wait for your most juicy buildings productions to be finished, is ridiculously small.
  4. You can easily protect yourself from being plundered.
So, I don't understand whining about campers who are plundering anymore. And every player who keeps whining about campers will continue to use same awful arguments (that aren't arguments at all). Instead of whining, see how you can improve yourself, whining about plundering has never helped anyone.
Even when I do take the occasional day to pull a full-on 'plunder run' through my 'hood, I typically only check back at most 3-4x after my initial attack.
That's a massive window for my poor, defenseless "victims" to beat me to their collections.

if on the other hand someone wants to leave their 24 or 48hr goods production uncollected for hours or more, well, far as I'm concerned then they're not really planning on putting those goods to any actual use, so I may as well collect those 20-30 goods on their behalf.
(at least then those goods will be put to some actual use!:P )

DeletedUser110131

Exactly how funny people will find it... I guess that would depend on context and temperament. In this specific context I think it works well as self deprecating humour. However, in my opinion, using it to refer to people other than yourself and your group is considerably less funny.

Your smiley indicates that you already know this, but for those who don't, here's a little fairytale:

Once upon a time, there were some hackers. They were hanging out on private BBSystems and the like. They weren't really very malicious; mostly they just crashed PCs and the odd commercial and public mainframe by flooding the memory (and screens) with smileys and other fun stuff like that. Once in a while someone would break into the Pentagon and such places, where they would mostly do no harm, and they thought all of this was great fun.

Unfortunately, cops and the like have a lousy sense of humour, and started looking into these BBSystems. Clever creatures that they are, the cops would search for words like "hacker", "trojan", "virus", and such. So, the hackers invented 1337, a "language" with semi-random substitution of letters, that would make sense mainly to people who were used to it. The "language" was named for the elite among hackers, the "eleet", "leet", or, fully transformed and substituted, the "1337". It was, at least initially, fairly difficult for the cops to guess that "really good hacker" was spelled "1337". However, 1337 didn't stop there. There was also "|eat", "1ee7", "13at", and more. The number of possible permutations that will be immediately recognizable to someone fluent in 1337 is huge. Searching the BBSystems automatically became harder, since the spelling was unpredictable.

The words "p5y<h0p47h!< 455h0135" are written in 1337, and there are a multitude of other ways to "spell" them, including some that are considerably more obscure. Its regular spelling is only for old timey hackers to know, as well as whoever have picked it up from regular forums, where 1337 enjoyed a brief stint of popularity a decade or two ago, and whoever clicks the spoiler below.

Also, how funny it is depends on whether you manage to keep it shorter than I just did.

p5y<h0p47h!< 455h0135
=
pSychOpAThic ASShOlES
=
psychopathic assholes

OK. Time to face it: The secret is out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112175

I really dont think there is any plausible way of stopping/changing this without changing the whole game.

Plundering is part of the game and in any game of this type you will always get your "bullies" , some are just players playing the game, others are egomaniacs who love to literally bully smaller/weaker players because it makes them feel good.

This type of discussion has been had many many times, and by now everyone should know how to deal with these guys. If they dont, then they should quit or learn very fast.
I agree, Plundering is part of the game, When I started playing 2years ago, with little understanding of the game, I was always getting plundered, It took me about 6months to build up my attack /defence bonuses and I plunder all the time.(I,m in FE now) and if they leave stuff for me to plunder and i need it i will take it. And in any case why have GB,s that give you bonuses to plunder if you are not going to use them.:D

DeletedUser116822

lol already implemented stay in iron age and don't pass pvp tech in reserch tree
build your city to get it strong enough there then do like those bullys and plunder every one once you consider your city strong enough you reserch pvp and att who you want
if you don't reserch pvp you won't get attacked
Spot on

DeletedUser109481

Just do the boost to stop from being attacked. I think it is like 24 hours or something. Of course, you need to try and maximize your tavern.
I used to get plundered every day. Keep switching up your collection times and have some bait collections to trick the plunderer. I had to build up my attack and defense and I always fought back, even if I lost. Also, put 8 Champions as your defense and just try to make it not worth the plunderer's time to go after you.
Play the GE and try to get as many ritual flames as you can. I have like 30 of them, plus a few of the oldschool Watchtowers (that can be leveled up).

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Why are people who are just playing the game how they like considered bullies anyway?

Like, They are allowed to play the game this way, should just let them.

It is extremely easy at every age in this game to 100% avoid being plundered. If you get Plundered, learn from your mistake, don't cry foul and whine and complain at the plunderer, if you get plundered, it is your fault.

If you are in EMA, for example, just put out 8 Mounted Archers, that will deter most if not all attackers. If you are in Iron age... you can't even be attacked anymore. I miss when I first started and you could fight really early, the games been made so much easier for the defender.

Honestly the real problem is how pointless having any defence boost is. It can be more beneficial sometimes to have nothing on defence with no bonuses, you save space, you get more of everything else, and attackers don't get pvp points. You actually make yourself more of a target to people if you try and defend :D

Emberguard

Legend
Just do the boost to stop from being attacked. I think it is like 24 hours or something. Of course, you need to try and maximize your tavern.
It's between 24 and 72 hrs. Personally I wouldn't go with the shortest time because it's the same amount of time the attacker has as a cooldown period. So while it'll stop additional attackers it won't stop a persistent plunderer you're trying to shake off unless you time the 24 hr shield to make sure the time is maximised. Otherwise instead of 24 hrs it might be more like 5 mins if you mistime the activation too close from when they last attacked or would have logged on. The 48 and 72 timers are guaranteed a period of peace because it's a greater amount of time then the attackers cooldown timer.