• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

To abort, or not to abort, that is the question

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I've been rotating the recurring quests for about half a year now.
Today a new situation emerges (probably due to the discovery of a new province, which in turn due to the carnival event Quest 29), as indicated in the following screenshot.
to abort, or not to abort, that is the question.png

This new situation interrupted my half-a-year routine of repeating the RQs of "produce saltpeter 2 times", "spend ** forge points", "collect **** coins", "unbirthday", and scarcely "collect **** supplies".

What should I do?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
SOS! The city of Shakuras is panicking! All alchemists (saltpeters), all residential buildings (coins) and all FP buildings are ready for collection, but with their long-familiarized instructors for "collecting 2 saltpeters", "gathering coins", and "spending FPs" M.I.A. (missing in action), the citizens don't know what to do!

panic.png

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Too late.
Scouting province.
Also, as far as the previous HMA recurring quests are concerned, I think it has the same effect whether to abort or complete the new quest. The effect is that those recurring quests have probably gone for good. It has the same effect as advancing into a new age in the tech tree. In other words, advancing too far in the continental map also screws up the recurring quests, as researching techs of a new age would do, and thereby essentially screwing up the camping plan. Who would camp in an age without the ability to do recurring quest? -- What I need is a confirmation whether what my understanding in this paragraph is true.

I would abort it, the reward is hardly worth it.
OK that is a valid reason for aborting the quest. Unfortunately my main concern is the old recurring quests. In other words, pardon me but "to abort, or not to abort" is actually not the essential question here.

I think I have not described clearly in the starting post. The main issue is that this new quest shows up, in the place where the old recurring quests are, and the old recurring quests which I have been doing for half a year are now gone.

Allow me to change the title as "to abort, or not to abort, that is a question, but there is a bigger question"

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have only heard that being pushed further in the continent map (by event quest for example) would make it difficult for the player to acquire more sectors, either by negotiation or by fighting. But I have never heard about it disrupting the recurring quests and making it impractical to "camp".

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Side quests appear when you scout/research/etc, and they'll appear in place of recurring quests, but once you've completed or aborted all side quests, you will have recurring quests again. So don't worry, you haven't messed up anything. They'll be back.

If you get to a side quest that you can't or don't want to do, you can simply abort it.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Side quests appear when you scout/research/etc, and they'll appear in place of recurring quests, but once you've completed or aborted all side quests, you will have recurring quests again. So don't worry, you haven't messed up anything. They'll be back.

If you get to a side quest that you can't or don't want to do, you can simply abort it.

Oh... This cleared some areas of white clouds from my mind map.

DeletedUser112892

I have only heard that being pushed further in the continent map (by event quest for example) would make it difficult for the player to acquire more sectors, either by negotiation or by fighting. But I have never heard about it disrupting the recurring quests and making it impractical to "camp".
I am still in HMA and I have digged into InA map with RQs untouched. I cannot exactly recall which province is disrupting RQs engine, but just don't try to scout it and you will be able to continue without having your RQs touched.

Cambyses II

Sergeant

Nothing is guaranteed in this game but when a side quest interrupted my RQ sequence I thought I had lost it. On completion of the Side Quest the RQ cycle returned. I don't pretend to know why but it does endorse Pink Buffoon'd comment.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Recurring quest is back!!!
Everything is back to normal.
It was not the misapprehended doomsday that left me in a lasting stun.

Certain conditions (map exploring) triggered a certain side quest of two ages ahead, but afterwards turned out it is only one quest. Not that one quest triggers another, and another, in a chain reaction way (according to Fandom wiki, each such side quest has a "previous quest" and a "next quest", which I think implies a chain reaction. I was expecting to abort many many side quests before resuming the recurring quests).

It's good to see the good old Jester (Rinbin) back, asking for help to "Fnord better"!