• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [40787] Tavern overview doesn't update without refresh

DeletedUser103223

Since last update, it can say 0 but the table is completely full.

DeletedUser

Yeah it goes like that for me sometimes but I just clean all the seats of and refresh, it counts normal again for me

Calydor

Private
In my experience this happens if I am maxing out my connection with a download or upload for an extended period of time; the game just gives up on checking how many people are sitting there.

DeletedUser107573

We have not been successful to reproduce this one. If anyone still experience this, then please let us know.

Calydor

Private
4SnXpP4.png

This screenshot was taken just a few minutes ago - as you can see, my tavern is full but the marker says 2/16.

According to my event history, mx03860 sat down at 11:26 pm. ChevyDiesel sat down at 12:25 am, ie. 59 minutes later.

During this time interval, however, I went to bed and left Battle.net to download a patch for Overwatch. Given that my connection is absolutely craptastic at 448/96 kbps, this maxes it out and causes extreme latency for everything else.

My best guess is that FoE simply times out and stops updating due to such high and extended latency. The problem isn't the tavern - sometimes I've collected coins from my snowglobes only to look back later and realize the game hasn't updated this; the coin icon is gone but the snowglobes haven't 'reset' and started the next 15 minute block, or production buildings don't pop up the Inactive sleeping moon icon. Have you tried testing the game under extreme latency conditions to reproduce this behavior?

DeletedUser4727

Just for a little clarity on this. When you left it, did you leave the tavern open, with the main city in the background? In my experience, when the game times out, it force refreshes when you return. Does this happen?

Calydor

Private
I always leave the game in the main city window, ie. in the actual game. No windows open. I have had a couple of instances since my last post of the game losing synchronization on collecting tools and coins, but haven't noticed the counter on the tavern sticking since.

DeletedUser110410

I have seen a discrepancy between the number displayed in Town view (12/16) and the number of people actually in the tavern. In the past, this was only on my tablet (Android), but this morning, I noticed it for the first time in the browser version.

1.100.2754e47766 (03.05.2017 10:48), Flying Dan The Man (5934259), en7, en_US, MAC 25,0,0,163, Mac OS 10.12.4, Safari Version/10.1, 1920x1019, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

We have not been successful to reproduce this one. If anyone still experience this, then please let us know.
I noticed this the other day. Just after a notification that another player had sat in my tavern, I looked at it and it was something like 8/11. I entered my taven to find it full.

App on iPad, latest version (1.101, or maybe 1.100 at the time)

DeletedUser98451

I opened a gb to put in fp, the gb was due for collection 17 mins late but when i closed i noticed that the time to collection had decreased by 6 or 7 mins, to check i opened the rest of my gb's and the same thing happened in all of them.
Something is clearly amiss, i've been doing the same collection route through my cities for more than a year but today in the 2nd i visited i found everything there ready for collection, when you consider that it usually takes me 15 mins to collect that city its easy to see that something has affected the timings

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

If I'm not mistaken, this is a well known bug that affects buildings that produce something in general...something about the timer going out of sync with the system. I'll see it often with supplies buildings that get motivated, it will show them done, but show the others, some of which may have had the same production time and started earlier still having any number of minutes left showing. Reloading the city will correct this.

DeletedUser98451

Yes i've also had happen what you're describing but what im reporting is different, in that opening each gb in my first city in turn allowed them all to be collected 6 or 7 mins ahead of schedule. This allowed me to proceed to the next city way ahead of the time i usually arrive only to find the entire city ready for collection at least 15mins ahead of usual, the same thing happened in the 3rd and final city. Whatever it was that happened was far more widespread than anything i've seen before, and was irritating in that i'm always on time for collections but this left cities open to plunderers

LadyHecate

Major-General
It's not just GB collections that are out of sync! As a frequent plunderer of my neighbourhood I will wait until something worth plundering is produced in my neighbours' cities; this often takes several visits throughout the 24 hour period after the successful attack. If nothing decent is awaiting collection during my visits then I just take the best on offer just before the 24 hour period expires, however, upon visiting cities still with 15 minutes left on the window to plunder I've found that I'm unable to take anything at all (the plunder option is greyed out) despite time still remaining.

It's not just GB collections that are out of sync! As a frequent plunderer of my neighbourhood I will wait until something worth plundering is produced in my neighbours' cities; this often takes several visits throughout the 24 hour period after the successful attack. If nothing decent is awaiting collection during my visits then I just take the best on offer just before the 24 hour period expires, however, upon visiting cities still with 15 minutes left on the window to plunder I've found that I'm unable to take anything at all (the plunder option is greyed out) despite time still remaining.
Wow, I can go back and plunder at a later time? There's a plunder button there? Who'd have thought it!

DeletedUser110195

Lady Hecate....it being grayed out doesn't mean something's out of sync, that means there's nothing to plunder. ;)

DeletedUser110434

Lady Hecate....it being grayed out doesn't mean something's out of sync, that means there's nothing to plunder. ;)
I think perhaps Lady H is describing a real issue, but describing it incorrectly. What is happening to those of us who plunder at the last minute like this is that sometimes there will be 5-10 minutes left to plunder, but I will open their city and the Aid buttons are lit up, but not the attack button, and the plunder button just isnt there even though it should be for a few more minutes.

I see this often, so if I am trying to get in the ol' double plunder move, I make sure I hit them with half an hour to go so that I don't miss the window. Funny though, I just managed a double plunder with two minutes left, purely by accident. I happened to see I had two more minutes before I could hit someone and I opened their city to survey and noticed the plunder button was still there. BONUS! Got two Bazaar plunders from that cat in three minutes :)

DeletedUser110195

Hmmm, I've never run into that before, if the aid buttons have been up for me so too was attack, but I have found that when there's less than a minute left until you can auto-aid, you can visit the city and do it manually before that timer is finished.

DeletedUser110434

I might be mistaken about whether attack is there or not, but I know for certain that I should still have plunder time left but I go and find aid buttons. Attack MIGHT still be there under those cases, but I am looking to steal, not attack :p