• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Timely fixes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The following is a quote from another thread but I wanted a fresh start on this subject.

While we apreciate the level of interest in this game the devs are working hard on getting fixes up. The fixes for the most part are not easy. So they are building up the corrections then applying them at once rather than have a million updates. This also ensures no coding conflicts with the updates or very little that can be easilly remedied.

While you may not get the answer you wish some of the Moderators dont know 100% and dont want to post something they think up out of the blue as we want a continued honesty base with the players please understand we are not snubbing players but waiting for the answers from the devs themselves.

If the Devs are going to just fix and fix without ever releasing until it's done without bugs what was the point of even opening this?

I'm still playing the game as it was released with only 2 updates in the last 1-2 months and those did inside work(that don't effect my gameplay) and additions that aren't even useable yet like the new inventory window to place buildings.

By not doing updates you're losing players. But since it's already open and it's the players that should be important cause without players the game has no point to exist.

There should be minor updates at least...not months of players sitting here doing nothing due to bugs or faulty design that should have been fixed in a timely manor.

Please pass this on to the devs.

DeletedUser180

And this is why I shall never be in a position with a tact hat, (aka Mod), because stupidity will always drive me insane...*sigh*
Before I break down your entire troll thread, I should ask why you felt the need to clutter up the forum with another thread that was exactly in line with your previous thread, to which was NOT CLOSED and thereby perfectly legit to continue with your comments (and not moving into spam territory)

Now to apply your points, which have already been answered to.....
If the Devs are going to just fix and fix without ever releasing until it's done without bugs what was the point of even opening this?
not sure where you get this idea from, they fix, and release, fix and release, very much like a cycle. Now in some cases the fixes take longer than a few days to do, ie: Code changes. In that case, of course they are not going to fix them in a day. To expect so is beyond reasonable expectations. You also have to figure while they are "fixing" they are also working on implementing new aspects of the game, so they are working both sides. It is after all beta.

I'm still playing the game as it was released with only 2 updates in the last 1-2 months and those did inside work(that don't effect my gameplay) and additions that aren't even useable yet like the new inventory window to place buildings.
Facts are such....closed beta opened on 3/29/12
first change log was posted by Checkered Jester on 4/12/12 labeled 9.1
Second posted change log was posted by Checkered Jester on 5/2/12 shortly AFTER Open beta was opened...which opened on 4/17/12. Which means that open beta has been around ohhhhh less than a month...and there has already been a change log done on it with the information submitted by players. Now logically with the amount of bugs, and the amount of issues, plus add in the fact that they are working on the next layer of release for testing, I'd say a change log and major update every 2 weeks is not unreasonable...just saying. I might add, that the second change log was labeled 9.1.68, which means that they have continuously updated the game since the previous change log....was it technical, was it graphical, what was it? Who knows, who cares, the fact is that there have been 68 updates done in two weeks time.

Moving on....

By not doing updates you're losing players. But since it's already open and it's the players that should be important cause without players the game has no point to exist.
oh wait, I already discussed this point..moving on....

There should be minor updates at least...not months of players sitting here doing nothing due to bugs or faulty design that should have been fixed in a timely manor.
I think this one has been answered as well....

And now the world knows why I am not a mod.......

Status
Not open for further replies.