• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Time Warp in Friend's Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKatt

Private
i am sure everyone has had this happen to them, last 20 minutes, did everything possible to do, now just need to wait that last 20 minutes.
friends tavern.... Time Warp. potential cost of say 1500 tavern silver to time jump ahead 15 minutes, 2500 tavern silver to jump 25 minutes, 6000 tavern silver to jump an hour.

Knight of ICE

In order for an idea to be forwarded, it needs to be posted in a required format.
If it is not in the right format, nothing will be done with it.
Even when it is formatted, it can not be on the Do Not Suggest List.
Also it should not have been proposed before.

This is how you propose an idea

This is the Do Not Suggest List

And here you use the forum search function to see if your idea has not been proposed before

Once you have followed all these instructions it all depends on how players will vote on your idea.
For it to be forwarded it needs a majority of 70% or more.

Hope this helps!

LordKatt

Private
updating this idea, as per Ice's proposals.

Proposal:
Many times i have found myself sitting staring at the game, waiting for great buildings, event buildings, supply producers, coin producers and town hall, all of which have 20 minutes left to wait. Personally, i login once a day. Sometimes, real life time restraints make collecting, doing your daily run around, and logoff just not possible. Usually spend on a city shield, and logoff earlier than normal, because staring at a screen for 20 minutes, would put me to sleep.

Other similar suggestions were made, but nothing quite like i am suggesting, as it becomes a new tavern spend option.

Reason:
As explained above, people have real lives, and sometimes, the real life, can overcome the gaming life, and make the gaming life obsolete, all because of a little time snap. Your options become either A, city shield, continue the following day (or later in the day), B wait out the remaining 20 minutes, and hope you don't mess up real life, or C, offer an idea in the game, with an interesting twist.

Details:
In the Friend's Tavern, would be a "Time Warp" to speed up EVERYTHING, the only issue is cost, which would be extremely high. For example; like myself, 20 minutes to wait to collect everything, but if i waited, THEN played the game, good chance i miss my bus. So Friend's Tavern, Time Warp... 15 minute Time Warp costs 1500 or 15,000 Tavern Silver, 25 minute Time Warp would cost 2500 or 25,000 tavern silver, and finally 45 minute Time Warp costing 4500 or 45,000 tavern Silver (see? can be quite costly).

Balance:
The only impact i can see, is the normal speed boosts for supplies and coin, but i don't foresee it really making much of a difference. It's a one shot Tavern Purchase, and to make it fair, each one can have a lengthy cool-down. Purchase for 15 minutes, but it requires 15 hours cool down.

Abuse Prevention:
Again, the abuse possibilities are using the Time Warp, THEN using any other speed up, but by adding the cool-down timer after using a Time Warp, leaves the player not being able to use another Time Warp for quite awhile. Maybe 15 minute Time Warp, means 15 hours cool down, 25 minute Time Warp, means 25 hour cool down, etc.

Summary:
The thought of this was just due to time restraints of real life, and that's really it. Anything can be done with this, and it can be very versatile, the creators and admins could get creative. Plus it makes that song pop in your head for hours, Let's do the Time Warp again... (tomorrow).

Knight of ICE

You should really read those links I gave you. A poll is only allowed to have two options.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Despite format issues, I get where the idea is going, and it's actually a common annoyance in the game with 24 hour timers on most of the city. No matter how you try to keep your collection time at the same time, inevitably it takes you a few minutes longer every day, so your collection time advances around the clock, until finally it goes overnight and starts again in the morning.

We already have supply rush, coin rush, and recently goods rush items available in the game. This idea is similar, it would be like a "rush all" timers by X minutes for Y tavern silver cost and give players a way to reverse the "time creep" around their city collections by moving it back a few minutes, instead of it going later and later every day.

Knight of ICE

We already have supply rush, coin rush, and recently goods rush items available in the game. This idea is similar, it would be like a "rush all" timers by X minutes for Y tavern silver cost and give players a way to reverse the "time creep" around their city collections by moving it back a few minutes, instead of it going later and later every day.

For this reason the suggestion of a 23 hr timer has been proposed. This idea has been forwarded to the devs. Devs even stated in a Q&A that they understood the problem and were looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.