• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Time to leave Forge of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
After nearly 10 years of playing and reaching the top ten on Dinegu, it's time to quit.

I was hopeful that after last year's request for suggestions to make the game better, things would improve, but sadly not. Nearly all the popular suggestions have been ignored, and none of the issues around GbG balancing, GvG stagnation and ranking point farming have been addressed.

Red dots are popping up all over my friends list showing that I'm not the only one who has had enough.

I've been disillusioned with this game for a while. The developers don't want to fix any of the serious problems with the game - GbG and GvG are seriously flawed with no element of combat between guilds. two big guilds just get together to dominate the maps and exploit the opportunity to do thousands of battles a day for ranking points. I just don't think I can stand another tedious St Patrick's Day event or any of the other childish mini games any more. This used to be a game for grown ups, but now it is beginning to look more like the Disney cartoon channel.

I'll look at the forums from time to time to see if there has been any radical changes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah, I've basically quit as well, one to many bad updates with constant things added that no one asked for as feedback continues to go ignored. just logging in now for the guild, not long now.

Sad to see you go just like the others, another long time vet leaving the game. Its understandable with the current state of things, hopefully them seeing long time players leaving causes them to do something about it'

Affy.

Corporal
Seems a few have left lately , the Originals, from when I started playing over 7 yrs ago, Enjoy real life :), GbG has definitely changed the game for myself , and GvG is all about swapping sectors , farming within the huge Guilds .. and other things we cannot mention .

Players are moving to the bigger Guilds. long live the smaller Guilds that stand tall until the very end

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
This game has been getting tougher, and I've seen a lot of great players leave, including the former Leader of my Guild. I've been at this a long time, starting out in one of the biggest Guilds, and spending a few years completely on my own. But I'd only class myself as average.

It's also what you'd class as a 'Smaller' Guild, with currently only 8 members, getting ripped apart in the latest 'Battleground'.

Would really love a few more members, but can't seem to find anyone!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This game has been getting tougher, and I've seen a lot of great players leave, including the former Leader of my Guild. I've been at this a long time, starting out in one of the biggest Guilds, and spending a few years completely on my own. But I'd only class myself as average.

It's also what you'd class as a 'Smaller' Guild, with currently only 8 members, getting ripped apart in the latest 'Battleground'.

Would really love a few more members, but can't seem to find anyone!
Yeah, it was hard enough to get new members in a top guild on S world when it was new, and they still released a newer world after that regardless of the fact that its already hard to cap guilds now as the games very inactive.

I Still, for example, don't understand the Chateau nerf, why they went and ruined a strat used by so many after so so many years will always confuse me. I miss players like ATI and his banter with CursedVeggie, of course both of them played since beta for this game, and have both quit a short while ago.
Seems like, If they stopped updating the game about a year ago, there would be more players today. Slowed down events, gave us historic events again, made the game great again ect.
Instead now, I come back after six months and see adverts.

suethegreat

Captain
What is the average length of time players continue? unless there are serious changes in rewards up the ages that we dont see the Daily Challenge rewards, event side awards and GE are mind numbingly repetitive. Non specific prints rewards with 5+ actions to win really? Aging up increases the challenge but the end game for what? Even the 'nice' things we could build we are restricted on space. I would suggest maybe 3 years before the game/life/reward balance is maxed? Maybe vintage players are undesirable as they do not buy diamonds like newer players.

There were some good changes last year like GbG attrition changes and aid all plus a new server to cater for growing populations. The CM also did a recap of 2022 here.
10 years in any MMORPG is a long time; Inno has made good success with FOE.
There are always changes that can be made but they could also make things worse which I am sure they don't want to do.
Too much of the same thing can be repetitive so like most things longevity all depends on yourself, how you play and who you play with.

suethegreat

Captain
Agreed but there does not seem to be any effort to retain players more the opposite. We are playing to fill time for pixels at the end of the day. When a Daily challenge involves 5 quests for something you do not really want other than castle points to finally attain things you may not really want you have to wonder. The Castle system rewards even mess up the game more by reducing stats in the tavern shop they can become too low for quest requirements unless you want to be wasteful or tie up your tavern for more than a day or of course spend diamonds...I suspect a player turnover of 3 years. Those new keen and wanting to progress buy diamonds, they then learn how to get/farm them and play the system without having to hardly use them then get bored, rinse and repeat.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
There were some good changes last year like GbG attrition changes and aid all plus a new server to cater for growing populations. The CM also did a recap of 2022 here.
10 years in any MMORPG is a long time; Inno has made good success with FOE.
There are always changes that can be made but they could also make things worse which I am sure they don't want to do.
Too much of the same thing can be repetitive so like most things longevity all depends on yourself, how you play and who you play with.

Kinda too little too late. The thing is why should it take 10 years for feedback to cause anything to happen? It seems still the last time our feedback mattered was the first version of the pvp tower which everyone hated so much, but after that so many quit the forums next to died entirely making it impossible to push against the many constant year long bad updates the game suffered that caused the game to haemorrhage players. I was on one of the newest servers at the time, and in the best strongest guild on the server... it was next to impossible to fill the guild slots.

So many vets have stayed away, I see the forums that used to be so much more active even in 2021 die out entirely, the general conversation thread gone non-existent with the vets who quit who used to comment there. How many people around still remember the competition posts where we could chat entirely random things hoping our post was chosen? So many good conversations were to be had there when the game was popular. Every single update feedback thread used to get pages and pages of comments, now I see just the OP and nothing below?

"post your feedback here" and its empty. You are too new to realise what this game used to be. It was such a good game before the updates that killed it. The game could retain players for 10 years because before the updates that killed this game, it was incredible. We will never have that FOE ever again. The FOE that could retain players.

If we could play the 2020 version of this game, there would currently be more people playing it than ever possible today.

Those new keen and wanting to progress buy diamonds, they then learn how to get/farm them
Let's be realistic, while I understand players get bored doing the same things myself included there are still many veterans that enjoy playing. Of course, naturally, some leave and we get the good old day's posts but let's be honest, those who learn to play without ever buying diamonds are hardly going to contribute to Inno's future development or running costs so they are right in their latest strategy to help newer players. imo

Emberguard

Legend
those who learn to play without ever buying diamonds are hardly going to contribute to Inno's future development or running costs so they are right in their latest strategy to help newer players. imo
But who is most likely to stay longterm, and therefore keep the game viable for new players? Those that spend or those that learn how to play for free?

Good question, it can be answered in many ways. Some may quit early because of other powerful players/guilds who are constantly crushing others in GbG or GvG; plundering or sniping, in short taking advantage of newer players or weaker guilds.
On the other hand, there are the veteran players who help with GB goods, etc
These friendly players are great if you find one, they deserve to play free for being so helpful.
Then comes Inno themselves who are trying to obtain better balance or want to have a look at our early game and make it easier for new players.
FOE is good as it is but there is room for improvement, you can keep some players happy some of the time but not all the players all the time. Forums often get the most attention when bored players post about negative things that in no way reflect the real true state of the game so take your pick form your own conclusions and above all enjoy :D

Itsu

Private
My two cents: the initial reward in a new world has been changed: with the very same money you don't have recurring rewards, and the number of diamonds are halved. I can't understand this step because everything in this game is virtual except the dollar you give them isn't.

How can they crush a first reward such a bad way? There is no reason for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.