• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Time clock for FPs

Puablo

Corporal
Several months ago, an update was done, and now on certain occasions you can have more than 10 FPs waiting to be used. However, I have noticed a flaw in the same area as follows. Say you have one (or maybe more) FPs waiting for to use and then you go to your store and select another package as you intend to boost another persons GB. This action automatically causes the clock to reset to 1 hour, which in turn will not start to run down until you have used some FPs and taken the level below 10.
So what I mean is, why does the clock reset when FPs (waiting to be used) passes 10. Could the clock continue? It may only be a few seconds for the action to be completed, but you actually lose up to an hour.
Hope you can understand my point.

DeletedUser2989

The same problem existed before the update, for example if you had no FP's and used a 10FP pack your bar would reach the max and the counter would be reset. I'd say the reason for it is that the counter is actually removed and not reset (so essentially the timer is removed rather than sitting there constantly waiting to start). Thus when you've spent enough points (so when you're down to 9 or less) a new counter is activated and starts at 1 hour, the old counter doesn't exist.

Given that I'd assume it's possible to either "freeze" or "store" the timer when interrupted, so that the timer either sits there constantly waiting to start or that the time left is recorded and used when the new counter starts. Would just need to be submitted as an Idea and supported by the community. :)

DeletedUser96901

hint:
you can spend FP packages directly into a GB without getting them into the FP bar
so you don't lose time because you are spending a 10-FP-package

DeletedUser99588

hint:
you can spend FP packages directly into a GB without getting them into the FP bar
so you don't lose time because you are spending a 10-FP-package

Although you can't do that with the research tree so the problem the OP raised is still an issue.

Puablo

Corporal
I have just tried to copy this article to the ideas area, but nothing is working!! Can a mod help?

DeletedUser97349

I have moved this for you :)
Please could you take a look at the ideas template and if possible amend your formatting to fit with the template?

DeletedUser13082

This has always happened. Even before FP packs were released into the game. Buying a forge point when you already have 9 would then fill the bar past the limit that can be stored simply by waiting for them, in turn, resetting the timer. It's nothing to do with updates of FP packs or extending FP bar past 10.

The reason the bar was changed to be able to hold more than 10 was because of the GB level cap being removed. With the cap removal, GB's that offer FP's could give more than the bar would be able to hold, meaning that any FP's collected from the GB past the amount of 10 would disappear and be wasted. As said above though, the timer has always reset once the bar has reached 10. It happened before the bar extension update and even before FP packs were introduced.

DeletedUser99588

This has always happened. Even before FP packs were released into the game. Buying a forge point when you already have 9 would then fill the bar past the limit that can be stored simply by waiting for them, in turn, resetting the timer. It's nothing to do with updates of FP packs or extending FP bar past 10.

The reason the bar was changed to be able to hold more than 10 was because of the GB level cap being removed. With the cap removal, GB's that offer FP's could give more than the bar would be able to hold, meaning that any FP's collected from the GB past the amount of 10 would disappear and be wasted. As said above though, the timer has always reset once the bar has reached 10. It happened before the bar extension update and even before FP packs were introduced.

Doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Puablo

Corporal
I have just signed in my game, noticed I had 5 minutes before next FP award. Collected all my GB 'payouts' which included 10FPs, now I have to wait another 60 minutes as I have lost the FP that was nearly due. Surely the limit of time can be changed in some way?

DeletedUser2989

The concept of having the FP bar "resume" from where it was after points are spent has been forwarded to the devs. Even though this idea isn't formatted it'll represent the forwarded idea.

A simple solution to this would be to never reset or stop the timer. Instead insert the logic that, when the timer gets to zero, if there are already 10 or more FPs in the bar then the newly created FP is discarded. The timer then immediately starts counting down from 59:59 again.

DeletedUser4089

This idea has since been implemented. (Tuesday 29th November 2016)
Version 1.90 changelog(clicky)
The changelog said:
As the amount of Forge Points has been rising with more and more buildings that are able to produce them, collecting became a problem because it was necessary to spend some of them during the collection. To overcome this, we made two changes to the behavior of the Forge Points in the city:
  • The Forge Points bar will now remember the timer of its Forge Points production when you reach or exceed 10 Forge Points. Basically, if you are to receive a new Forge Point in 15 minutes, and you then use a Large FP Package and add 10 FPs to your bar, after spending them the production timer will not reset to 60 minutes, but will instead continue from where it left off (15 minutes in this example).
  • The limit of only being able to collect one Forge Points collection beyond 10 Forge Points in the Forge Points bar has been bumped up to 99 FPs. This should allow everyone to more smoothly do the collection of productions in their city.

Congratulations, this thread is off to celebrate with all the other implemented ideas!