• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Thinking aloud - Is it worth it?

r21r

Major-General
what are the options again ??
if you asked about "what combo of the event set you should make" i suggest you collect as many kit's as you can and you decide later..
my choice would be max attack and defence output as they are better in the long run.. that's what i think

Powe

Brigadier-General
Hiya. Have a drink on me.

No, I wasn't wondering about combinations. I was wondering about how parts needed to be placed in order to trigger the "adjacent" bonus. Seems they do have to be touching other unique parts, from what I've heard. I've not tested two parts the same touching (eg two wheat fields).

It looks like rather than being a single building which can be levelled up, as per the Governor's Villa. This one is a gestalt "building" with a single component which can be levelled up a few times. Thus one needs to level up the barn, and use ALL the components to achieve full potential.
It doesn't work.

r21r

Major-General
I was wondering about how parts needed to be placed in order to trigger the "adjacent" bonus.
1600120492041.png

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
1. Reading
By the "construct" of the text of the original post --
The main topic is "what it means to 'be next to other unique buildings of the same set'" (Topic A).
The main topic is not "what is the best configuration for the new fall event set buildings" (Topic B).
But of course, what is the topic is subject to the interpretation of the author. Besides, the title does NOT summarize the topic.

2. Commenting
Topic B is trending and more popular, and has pre-occupied people's mind. Only a clear and sober and sharp mind such as Bewildered Zeratul's can correctly lodge onto the key topic, which is Topic A. To this end, first we further refine Topic A. Mainly, the confusion is what "next to" means. And the answer (which comprises two main parts) is that, firstly, "next to" means "touching the edge -- touching one of the four edges -- directly and not in a relayed manner, not relay-able by road, nor relay-able by another building even it be a third unique building of the same set; and secondly, it must be touching "another" building of the set, which means "touching another instance of itself (in other words a duplicate of itself)" does not count (in the same sence, touching two duplicates of another component of the set counts as touching only one (1)).

3. Consolations
For the defence of those who replied to the wrong topic, they need not feel bad, because, if I should borrow (steal) the following words (with highly sophisticated sentence structure) from the real world deep states elites (the real rulers), which no one can beat, and for which all shall fall (and therefore no one in particular need to feel bad) --

... the something-something involves an assessment of a number of issues and considerations, none of which are dominant or pre-eminent to another. All issues and considerations are of importance in the assessment, but might not necessarily bear equal weight. ...

Powe

Brigadier-General
Thanks. I appreciate your efforts, sincerely.

Yes I found that basic layout, on FoEHints. The thread to which you refer offers alternatives employing multiple same "buildings", whether or not multiple instances of a "building" will work has still not been proved to me. The use of the word "unique" in the official descriptions makes me sceptical, and I for one is not about to waste a selection pack to try it! Not until I have spare ones!

Much obliged.
No, go waste a selection kit.

Thanks. I appreciate your efforts, sincerely.

Yes I found that basic layout, on FoEHints. The thread to which you refer offers alternatives employing multiple same "buildings", whether or not multiple instances of a "building" will work has still not been proved to me. The use of the word "unique" in the official descriptions makes me sceptical, and I for one is not about to waste a selection pack to try it! Not until I have spare ones!

Much obliged.
Multiples of the same buildings work as long as they have the required number of unique connections with other buildings.

As an example go and find someone with multiple indian palace sets, you will find than in between each main building (the palace) there is only one tower and garden thing which is connected to each building. The connecting buildings may loose a boost but both mains will be fully boosted

r21r

Major-General
in other words, if you connect 2 barns they won't get bonuses, you need 1 + 1 other. if 2 similar are connected to 1 different, they count as 1
(if you got confused not my fault :P)

r21r

Major-General
One would have to build multiple farms.
depends which bonus you are after.
for Attack bonus you need 3 kinds
1) the attack
2)whatever but different from #3 (and #1 ofc)
3)whatever but different from #2 (and #1 ofc)

as long as the attack is adjusted with 2 different ones (or unique call it as you like) it will produce the %Attack bonus.

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
@Matt the Melancholic Wheat field needs to be next to 2 unique buildings from the set to get the combat bonus. Full stop.

Placing just wheat fields is pointless as they won’t get any bonus. If you read the announcement discussion thread for this event you will see the recommendation to do a google search for “2020 FALL EVENT Forge of empires experts”. Find the search result that has a domain similar to the search.. i can’t post a link because there’s a forum rule disallowing it.. anyway look at that page and you’ll see many arrangements to maximise wheat field.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
So in summation, if I understand right;
must touch the edge of a different component (preferably with barn in middle)
No duplicates else they count as 1
Sounds like a Lidl display to encourage you to spend and buy more!