• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: These Go Up To Eleven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know there is a plan for duplicate blueprints currently under development but I thought that I would share mine.

Proposal:

You can increase the maximum level of a great building by one level. The cost for this is you need to:
  • Trading in a full set of duplicate blueprints; and
  • Pay the same goods amount of goods as it took to initially build a great building.
You would still have to donate (or get others to donate) the forge points to reach that level - and the amount of forge points required should increased from the previous level (as with previous levels).

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Respectively: Yes & Not that I could see.

Reason:
Something to do with duplicate blueprints.

Details:

See above for the basics.
  • If you pay this blueprint and goods cost multiple times then you increase the great building's maximum level by one each time the cost is paid.
  • The blueprint rewards for top 5 donors when reaching level 11 (and above) would be identical to the rewards for reaching level 10.
  • The forge point and medal rewards for top 5 donors when reaching level 11 (and above) would increase by 10% each level (or some other similar nominal amount) above the rewards for level 10.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Available to everyone and still required forge points to level up.

Abuse Prevention:
Available to everyone.

Summary:
See above.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I can't give my opinion until I see the other use for these useless BPs

DeletedUser

It begs the question, what you do next... Because after you'll finish all those extensions you'll be stuck at the same place gathering duplicates. So this is not a suggestion to deal with duplicate blueprints(like what the devs are working on), but a suggestion to extend their role in GB development, giving some people something todo until the devs find a solution.

DeletedUser

It begs the question, what you do next... Because after you'll finish all those extensions you'll be stuck at the same place gathering duplicates. So this is not a suggestion to deal with duplicate blueprints(like what the devs are working on), but a suggestion to extend their role in GB development, giving some people something todo until the devs find a solution.

You won't finish... if you want a level one-bazillion-and-ten tower of babel then you can collect one-bazillion sets of blueprints and pay the appropriate goods for each level... and then get someone to help you level it up... then you can work on the one-bazillion-and-eleventh level.

In practice, it will be self limiting as people may be able to get blueprints but they will still have to collect the goods and find donors to supply the forge points.

DeletedUser

If you are suggesting unlimited levels for GB then it's -1 from me.

DeletedUser

This is a pretty clever idea. "Unlimited" level GB's with these requirements (needing an additional full set PER level, plus scaling FP requirements) will certainly keep this idea well in check for all but the very most (< 1% certainly) premium-using players. The nice thing is that even non-premium players have reasonable ability to use this option - I have second full sets of BP's for several buildings (notably Deal Castle, which I probably have 3 additional full sets and have never purchased any with diamonds).

DeletedUser

+1 The more the idea of an 11th level, (reachable with a second set of bp only), sinks in the more I like it. Good idea.

DeletedUser2029

I know I suggested an idea about duplicate blueprints, but cant seem to find anywhere. plus it was shut down with the same lame excuse "it's coming, but we don't know what", so here's the core of it:
- exchange duplicates for FP packs
- 2 BPs 1 Small FP pack (2 FPs)
- 5 BPs 1 Medium FP Pack (5 FPs)
- 10 BPs 1 Large FP Pack (10 FPs)
- 1 set of BPs free level up for that GB (this doesn't apply to level 10 GBs)

sorry for going off-topic

as for this idea, -1. some of the GB bonuses are unbalanced as is, this unlimited leveling up would only make things worse (think how much space would level 20 Zeus save?)

DeletedUser

as for this idea, -1. some of the GB bonuses are unbalanced as is, this unlimited leveling up would only make things worse (think how much space would level 20 Zeus save?)

Which would be balanced by having a level 20 deal castle...

Plus the idea is self-limiting as to get to level 20 you would require 10 full sets of BPs, 10 times the amount of goods and 10 levels worth of FP to be donated (with the FP requirement going up each level). If the FP requirements go up by 10% each time then you need just over 17.5 times the cost of a level 10 GB to get levels 11 through 20 and you will need to find the people to donate to it (and many people will only donate till they have their own BPs and then stop so it will get gradually more difficult to recruit donators - again self-limiting).

Yes, you can build them with diamonds but how many diamond players do you know that not only bought the BPs (quite a few), also bought the goods (a lesser number, usually only when a new age is brought out) but also bought the FP to level it up (none that I know of)? If there are one or two players who do do this then they will fund a lot of development for the rest of us.

DeletedUser5514

PorfirioDiaz idea seems better although the original idea on this topic deserves credit too...

DeletedUser2029

Which would be balanced by having a level 20 deal castle...

Plus the idea is self-limiting as to get to level 20 you would require 10 full sets of BPs, 10 times the amount of goods and 10 levels worth of FP to be donated (with the FP requirement going up each level). If the FP requirements go up by 10% each time then you need just over 17.5 times the cost of a level 10 GB to get levels 11 through 20 and you will need to find the people to donate to it (and many people will only donate till they have their own BPs and then stop so it will get gradually more difficult to recruit donators - again self-limiting).

Yes, you can build them with diamonds but how many diamond players do you know that not only bought the BPs (quite a few), also bought the goods (a lesser number, usually only when a new age is brought out) but also bought the FP to level it up (none that I know of)? If there are one or two players who do do this then they will fund a lot of development for the rest of us.

what you're missing here is the basic understanding that every technology in this game needs to become obsolete. if that wasn't the case, we wouldn't have new units every age, new houses and supply buildings,.... we could just have one type of building and upgrade them to infinity.
I'm not saying your idea is bad (although I think that your numbers should respect current ratios, but that's beside the point), it's just that what you're suggesting is not something that fits into this game's mechanics, no matter how difficult or expensive you make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.