• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The visual of sitting down at a tavern

• Thread starter DeletedUser110195
  • Start date

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: Have this only pop up when visiting the player's city and clicking directly on their tavern.

Reason: It is an unnecessary delay, it adds pointless clicks to exit from and extra lag from calling up the visual of the tavern up to 140 times per day, per player.

Details: Like the aid button on the friend bar, clicking the chair should bring up just what you get from the visit with a small delay while the system does it's thing discreetly. This should include visiting from event history(last part added from post by Prinza). Clicking the tavern directly while visiting the player's city should bring up the view of the tavern as it comes up on any visit currently.

Visual Aids: N/A

No possible balance issues

No possible abuse

I feel this is another needless waste of time, does the city of a player pop up, showing you the building you polivated when you click aid? It does not, neither should the tavern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this yesterday and have been thinking on it. Although initially tempted to support it, I am giving it

Think on it, a little: the proposal is to skip a screen of information and just show the benefits. On the face of it, that's just the same as has been done for towns: I wonder how many players ever polivate via the town any more? What do they - and their friend - lose out on?

But take it to the logical conclusion. We don't really need to go through each player in our lists and see all that waffle, right? Why not have a single button that just runs through all our friends and puts us in any tavern possible? Well, now that we simplified that we might as well make it easier and just run a script every 5 minutes that we are logged in, that automatically does that button's job. Indeed, if we really want to save effort, we could just load up a spreadsheet of our friends and ...

I know, I'm going a bit extreme there. My point remains: where do we lose the point of the game in trying to make it all smooth? Where does the "thin end of the wedge" stop?

Instead, now about making the tavern sits more informative and useful? At a normal tavern table, there would be chatter and information. People would discuss the GB they're working on, they would talk about their guild's successes, they would be clearly identified as friends and guild-mates. So, the tavern screen should reflect this information (coloured borders on the picture, to indicate friends and guild-mates?) and should also provide a way to directly message everyone at the table (restricted to one message sent through any tavern per day, perhaps). Make the screen something that has information we could use, rather than just a pop-up to be dismissed.

DeletedUser110195

There is no information about who is sitting at a tavern that I need, and if I want it, I could just go and visit their town and click the tavern directly. The counter to this slippery slope argument you're making, is why not then, either make everyone manually aid again, or pop up a display of thing the being polivated? It's about design consistency, there is no slippery slope here, you just have one less click to do. It's not automatically sitting you at the tavern and that isn't a logical next step down this path.

DeletedUser103370

I read this yesterday and have been thinking on it. Although initially tempted to support it, I am giving it

Think on it, a little: the proposal is to skip a screen of information and just show the benefits. On the face of it, that's just the same as has been done for towns: I wonder how many players ever polivate via the town any more? What do they - and their friend - lose out on?

But take it to the logical conclusion. We don't really need to go through each player in our lists and see all that waffle, right? Why not have a single button that just runs through all our friends and puts us in any tavern possible? Well, now that we simplified that we might as well make it easier and just run a script every 5 minutes that we are logged in, that automatically does that button's job. Indeed, if we really want to save effort, we could just load up a spreadsheet of our friends and ...

I know, I'm going a bit extreme there. My point remains: where do we lose the point of the game in trying to make it all smooth? Where does the "thin end of the wedge" stop?

Instead, now about making the tavern sits more informative and useful? At a normal tavern table, there would be chatter and information. People would discuss the GB they're working on, they would talk about their guild's successes, they would be clearly identified as friends and guild-mates. So, the tavern screen should reflect this information (coloured borders on the picture, to indicate friends and guild-mates?) and should also provide a way to directly message everyone at the table (restricted to one message sent through any tavern per day, perhaps). Make the screen something that has information we could use, rather than just a pop-up to be dismissed.

That's bad logic again, sorry to say. What you propose about the enhancement of the tavern sounds very good, but never forget to take all kinds of players into account. Only a portion of them spends more time here, than necessary, and I think we can all agree that we need those players too.

No wonder they made it possible to aid without actually visiting the town, that was only another way to force players to do/look at stuff what they wouldn't want to. Obviously aid could be done with a single button too, but the goal remained the same, people who takes the time to aid all those 200+ towns will get more benefit than the ones who don't.

Now think about it, it's just the same with the tavern. Just because the same boring visuals not displayed over and over again, you'd still have to stick around and click like 80-140 times to visit your friends. And trust me m8, most of us won't do this either...
So shoving down these boring visuals on our throat just to make a handful of hardcore players happy, is not the way to go imo.

It's always a better option, to give players the choice what style they'd like to play.
So all in all, I agree with your prop. to enhance the tavern, still, there should be a way to turn off displaying visuals.

DeletedUser653

I would like to see even more automation that takes away the click sim city part of the game, but its a step in the right direction.
so
+1

Details: Like the aid button on the friend bar, clicking the chair should bring up just what you get from the visit with a small delay while the system does it's thing discreetly. Clicking the tavern directly while visiting the player's city should bring up the view of the tavern as it comes up on any visit currently.
The behaviour from the Event History screen should also be the same, as it is currently. If the friends bar is to be changed not to bring up the tavern, it would be inconsistent if the similar button on the Event History did anything different.

DeletedUser110195

The behaviour from the Event History screen should also be the same, as it is currently. If the friends bar is to be changed not to bring up the tavern, it would be inconsistent if the similar button on the Event History did anything different.
I fully agree, only clicking the tavern while visiting someone should show you their tavern.

DeletedUser111150

+1
This would be great. Having 50-80 tavern pics loading and having to click twice every day on those screens are really not needed.
Please change this asap