• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The use of Forge Points from inventory for Research!

• Thread starter DeletedUser112729
  • Start date

DeletedUser112729

Why is it that we can pull FP's(Forge Points) directly from our inventories when it comes to GB's(Great Buildings) but not when we want to use those saved FP's from inventory on completing researches?
It would be nice to have the ability to pull our FP's from inventory to fill the FP bar on researches too...just spent the last 10 minutes going back and forth between inventory and research tabs just to use over 300 FP's (I had over 50 +2 FP, over 10 +10 FPs and over 20 +5 FP's) plus I had an already full FP bar due to daily collections.

DeletedUser112729

While I totally agree stand by to be trolled as this has been asked/suggested many times

I did not know that. If this has been asked/suggested so many times then why haven't the game devs never implemented it into the game? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Emberguard

Legend
*shrug* some ideas are implemented faster then others. There's forums from every server each with their own idea section. Can't implement every idea ever, but we can give the developers a direction on what we'd like to see.

DeletedUser114342

I actually thought I had a bug because I was not able to use the FPS from my inventory to put into my tech tree...even raised a ticket to support about it. Their response....please use forum and put it into the ideas section!

Do they not know that this idea has been proposed many times already?

I actually thought I had a bug because I was not able to use the FPS from my inventory to put into my tech tree...even raised a ticket to support about it. Their response....please use forum and put it into the ideas section!

Do they not know that this idea has been proposed many times already?
They don't read here, but the mods can forward ideas onto them, which has been done.

DeletedUser114342

They don't read here, but the mods can forward ideas onto them, which has been done.

This happened only a couple of weeks ago, so if the idea had already been forwarded to them shouldn’t they have known about it?

This happened only a couple of weeks ago, so if the idea had already been forwarded to them shouldn’t they have known about it?
There has never been an option to take directly from the inventory to research in the same way you can for GBs. I don't know how long ago it was first raised as an idea (I'd have to do a forum search :rolleyes:) but it will be more like several years ago

DeletedUser114342

There has never been an option to take directly from the inventory to research in the same way you can for GBs. I don't know how long ago it was first raised as an idea (I'd have to do a forum search :rolleyes:) but it will be more like several years ago

Support did tell me that there was never an option to directly put FPS into TT from inventory. It just seemed such a simple oversight that I did mistakenly assume it was a bug.
I realised that this idea had been raised many times before when I searched for it here, which is why I did not follow through with what support suggested I do. As you said, this idea has been forwarded to them already, so I thought it was funny that I should raise this as a ‘new idea’.

DeletedUser110131

When it comes to this idea, I'm not very hopeful. You'll notice that you can complete a technology, without leaving the tech tree, by using diamonds. Since it will occasionally not be very expensive, I imagine some players do that. Some people are lazier and wealthier than others. In other words: I suspect this absence of a feature is entirely deliberate.

Generally speaking, there's some doubt as to how much point there is in suggesting things in the ideas section. Very few, if any, of those ideas are implemented in a recognizable fashion, and whatever is may be by pure coincidence.

However, in my personal opinion, I don't think it's pointless. They will be interested in what players are thinking about the game. Probably, they'll be more interested in why the players want something, than in the exact implementation the players envision. Also, a really, really good idea might get consideration, if it makes it all the way to the devs. I imagine that the last point is critical. The devs can't spend their time reading the forums. Best case scenario is that they're organized about it, and perhaps have someone collating the suggestions for them. If not, I imagine that very little will make it to the devs. Whatever ideas make it all that way will, of course, be competing with the development teams own ideas, which means both tough competition and biased "judges".

Repeating an idea once a year or so might not be pointless, though the preferable method will most often be to revive an older topic, rather than start a new one. They'll not only interested in what players think, but also how many players think something, and how strongly they feel about it.

DeletedUser114342

And this is the ideas section????

Huh? Of course this is not the ideas section as I am responding to a thread created by the OP which is not me. Also as I have already said, I did a search and found that this idea has been proposed many times so why would I propose it again?

DeletedUser110131

And this is the ideas section????

Familiar form, there, Agent327...

Here are a few suggestion of things to comment on that are neither insulting nor off-topic: What you think about the issue of inventory FP being made available from the Research screen. Whether you think the current design is deliberate or an oversight. Whether you think there's any point to reviving the post in the ideas section. Whether you agree that it would be practical, or instead see some benefit to how it is now. Whether you have any suggestions or insights to offer.

Let me demonstrate how to do this:

I think it's deliberately designed the way it is. It may not help, but also can't hurt to put in a +1 on the topic in Ideas. I do think a change would be practical, and can't see any benefit to the players from how it is now. I can't say that I have any insights or suggestions, beyond what I've already said. The only further comment I have is that OP isn't alone in noticing the issue; I also wondered a bit about it in the early days.

Now you have a go at it!

Last edited by a moderator: