• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The role of Dye in development of your Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It seems to me that the amount of dye required for technology is out of proportion to the rate at which dye can be produced; specifically Processions and Sewerage require a total of 39 units of Dye before you can advance through them. When you can, at best, produce 1 unit every 4 hours from a dye works this requirement seems a bit excessive to me. 4 X 39 = the quickest you can meet this requirment is 6.5 days and that asumes you are able to reset the works every 4 hours. While dye can be traded from the merchants the amount of material required for 1 dye only exacerbates the problem. I believe this area warrents a review by the developer.

DeletedUser17

I will pass this on to the game designer. Thank you for your post.

Also, please note that trading with your neighbours is the mot efficient way to advance through the game. If you do not have a resource you should trade with your fellow players. Non the less the dye issue will be investigated.

Also sewerage is not a "blocker". It is an optional research

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My section is missing limestone.

I have had four offers out for a full day with no response. I am offering four different resources in trade for limestone, and at very favorable rates.

Jewelry is just as bad, but I am building my own. Only 40 more hours before I can take over one particularly well-armed province!

This is one "fix" that I think should be a high priority for the developers.

DeletedUser17

The resources are distributed equally in the research tree, so every player will be faced with one technology that requires a resources which they do not have (a resource deposit for). Basically the remedy for this issue is having an active neighbourhood. We are working on a system to ensure you can always trade with other active players. Once this is implemented the trading issues should no longer be a problem.

DeletedUser

I will pass this on to the game designer. Thank you for your post.

Also, please note that trading with your neighbours is the mot efficient way to advance through the game. If you do not have a resource you should trade with your fellow players. Non the less the dye issue will be investigated.

Also sewerage is not a "blocker". It is an optional research

I'm stuck in the same spot and no one is trading dye. I have offers out to trade for dye but so far no luck. I will fairly soon max out my forge points and can't use them because of this bottle neck. With the ridiculous prices the merchants want I can't even get it that way. My only option then would be to use diamond to buy dye, not a good one in my opinion.

DeletedUser

The proposed new trade system I have suggested would compensate for this, but I do agree, we have a problem that while the resources are distributed evenly some of the resources belonged to minor players that did not continue, the vassals suggestion would help solve this also...

DeletedUser276

he already said things are being changed to help out that sort of thing. Need to read posts peoples :)

DeletedUser

Distribution of resources in the top 12 players on my section (about all that are really active):

Stone 11
Lumber 9
Vineyard 9
Dye 8
Marble 8
Iron 1

DeletedUser

i must be lucky or something cause all the trades i put always ago in 12 hours or so or maybe you guys just arent giving good rates

DeletedUser

Distribution of resources in the top 12 players on my section (about all that are really active):

Stone 11
Lumber 9
Vineyard 9
Dye 8
Marble 8
Iron 1

Just remember that not all of those will be buildings will be using the resources on the maps as many people are fine producing them without and while it is slower going if you build them early enough and keep producing them you can help prevent needing to trade as much.

Myself I have the raw resources for making wine and lumber but I have also built a dye and marble one also to help get what I need and stone is available enough in the market I can trade for it easy.

DeletedUser

It seems to me that the amount of dye required for technology is out of proportion to the rate at which dye can be produced; specifically Processions and Sewerage require a total of 39 units of Dye before you can advance through them. When you can, at best, produce 1 unit every 4 hours from a dye works this requirement seems a bit excessive to me. 4 X 39 = the quickest you can meet this requirment is 6.5 days and that asumes you are able to reset the works every 4 hours. While dye can be traded from the merchants the amount of material required for 1 dye only exacerbates the problem. I believe this area warrents a review by the developer.

I presume you have not conquered a provence that has dye in it.
I haven't but wish I had, because I need a lot of dye to continue.
I have built 3 dye works to help speed things up but it is still very slow.

Has anyone got dye in their continent?
If so can you put the building figures here assuming you have a dye works built.
thankyou vely much.
Eliza.

DeletedUser

If you look at the amount of ressources needed to complete all the ages, you have :

* 173 Lumber
* 173 Marble
* 174 Wine
* 175 Dye
* 289 Stone

I found it pretty much balanced (except for stone of course).

DeletedUser

I'm stuck in the same spot and no one is trading dye. I have offers out to trade for dye but so far no luck. I will fairly soon max out my forge points and can't use them because of this bottle neck. With the ridiculous prices the merchants want I can't even get it that way. My only option then would be to use diamond to buy dye, not a good one in my opinion.

Are you on en2? I'm on en1 with tons of dye to trade, but none of my neighbors are interested in trading anything. Today is the first day I've see trades posted by other players, and that's 1 each for two other players.

If you're on en1 look me up - I'd love to get some wine or lumber for my dye.

DeletedUser

Yeah, advancing through supplies is crazy difficult, especially when the game is this new so there are not enough people to trade with. I am taking the hard route and not using combat at all, taking over provinces with negotiation. Should get easier when they implement a way to have neighborhoods filled with active people. Having a small problem with dye, but it is slowly being overcome by four marble masons which I have the mine/resource thingy for.

DeletedUser892

so there has to be a point when you sell your buildings so you can build new like limestone and sell Marble building and swap for dye

DeletedUser276

Yes. I already did that. I build a marble building and made like 200 marble then sold the marble building and build a stone mason. Now I am stocking up on him before I demolish his building and start on the next. Though in truth I have about 5-6 resource buildings going right now.

DeletedUser

I guess I'm lucky enough to have one of my first provinces to have a Dye deposit. I still don't have problems with Dyes yet but I'm short when it comes to Lumber and Stones.

DeletedUser276

each person is short of something in resources and whatever they are short on is randomized per player which should help out on trades when they open trades up to world potentially.

DeletedUser

I built all the production buildings but i realized that was a waste of pop and space so ive just got my boosted ones and trade and iam doing fine just started early middle age

Status
Not open for further replies.