• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The News

We get our news listed by time - but nowhere is there a clock showing server time so we can judge how long it's been since, say, we got plundered or polished. Also it would be great to be able to close out news items - I don't need to know that Joe Bloggs polished my obelisk six days ago. I do want to know what has happened since I last checked in, and right now that means keeping track of the time of the last news item in a spreadsheet.

DeletedUser

There's a template that you should use to be found here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6291-Guide-to-the-Ideas-section-*Please-read-before-posting*
I'd suggest to edit your post accordingly. :)

As for the idea itself, I'm not so sure I understand what you mean. Maybe others do and can say more to this. Till then I'll just 'watch and see' (and possibly learn)... :)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: If you look here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6517-Ideas-previously-suggested, you'll notice that the following has already been suggested / passed on to the devs: "Add icons and timers to the event history". If that's what you meant. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey Madeline de Melrose,

I think what you're suggesting is an in-game clock.
This has been suggested before and it hasn't really gone anywhere. It might be that it's too much trouble to implement at this stage, or just very low priority.
All the en servers are GMT+1 or CET time. Important note: They do NOT include DST, so currently they're 1 hour behind on that Timezone.

Your guild forum, however, does display the correct time of wherever you're at.

As for old news;
I believe news is saved for 5-7 days. The newest events are always shown on page 1.

- L

That's exactly what I was suggesting. On another GF game I play (a lot), KingsAge, it's in the bottom right corner of the screen. Since we have so many time zones represented, it would make it a lot easier for everyone, and it's not exactly rocket science.

And yes, I know the newest events are on page 1 - and sometimes on page 2 and 3 also... I have an active friendly guild.... but it would be great to have a function where only those items that happened since one last checked the history are posted, the rest are in an accessible archive. That one may be rocket science, however...

DeletedUser7719

just look at your time, pm a inactive person, and subtract the two times; now you can use that time difference to compare with your time (even though it is quite annoying)

DeletedUser

I think putting server time clock, or clock for your your time zone, is not hard at all, because it doesn't require any interaction with it, so I don't why it can't be implemented.