• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Gateway to the Real World

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
At first, we created our accounts and start to play the game. And this is the game world.

And then, at some point, people (or characters) in the game start to act in a way that "I know this player in the real world and we are real life friends as real people. So we favor and cooperate with each other (one another) and form advantage over those who we don't know who the heck they are." And such advantage is formed mostly based on "knowing things" ("who knows what").

Their mentality appears to be "if a (so-called) "newbie" does not know what is good for them, or what is the "greater good" for them, what is the point that we should help them? Why don't we take the opportunity to exploit them? Either way they will never find out."

By contrast, when real (in a different sense) family members, mother, daugther, father, son, when they play the game together, multiple accounts sharing IPs, they actually never "abuse" it like that.

But these "real world acquaintence" appear to be closer than families. Or, to put more precisely, these ideology-sharers.

No example is given. I have only a "hunch".

And I think thereby a gateway is created link the game world with the real world. And it is dark. The Dark Gateway.

DeletedUser

So what exactly do you want to discuss?

I wonder what is more your thing to help or to abuse people InGame?
At least I think it is relevant to the discussion. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
So what exactly do you want to discuss?
"Discussions & Feedback"
This is a feedback. I don't know exactly who is in charge in this area. So I posted in this section.
The situation I'm trying to describe is similar to the "group sniping" issue. Only more "covert".

Emberguard

Legend
"Discussions & Feedback"
This is a feedback. I don't know exactly who is in charge in this area. So I posted in this section.
The situation I'm trying to describe is similar to the "group sniping" issue. Only more "covert".
Oh. Well the "Dark Doorway" probably wasn't the best way of describing it purely because that's an actual event building from the most recent halloween event.

So the group sniping issue, any specific ages this occurs in? Obviously it's most likely to be from Arc players. Not much you can do about it without changing the Arc itself - or the way in which GB rewards are handled

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
could you be a bit more specific ... Is it within guilds? ...

Obviously it's most likely to be from Arc players.

To me at that time (then versus now; now I'm taking a retrospective view), it is either such a degree of blur (abstraction), as exhibited in my original post, or it is directly calling some names. I don't see any middle ground.

I've got an idea now. -- Now let's SUPPOSE it is as you said. Suppose it happened in a guild. Suppose it is about the Arc. Suppose a group of low level Arc owners take turns to upgrade the Arcs among them. Suppose the set of rules is not complete. Suppose some players (low level Arc upgrading team members) intentionally, or unintentionally, take advantages of the loop holes in the existing rules (in the context that the leveling-up cycle is very fast); they think only about securing rewarding spots and commit internal snipings; while others make sacrifices, and fill in unrewarding positions (seldom the case) or continue to contribute after securing a spot (often the case). And suppose the team leader cares more about his leadship image or authority and less about fair play. And also suppose everybody (else) kisses the leadshiper's ass...

Now, is the above (hypothetical) scenario in keeping with what is described in the original post?

But, be sure to remember, these are all "supposedly". They might or might not have actually happened. If you ask me, it never happened... ...

Agent327

Overlord
To me at that time (then versus now; now I'm taking a retrospective view), it is either such a degree of blur (abstraction), as exhibited in my original post, or it is directly calling some names. I don't see any middle ground.

I've got an idea now. -- Now let's SUPPOSE it is as you said. Suppose it happened in a guild. Suppose it is about the Arc. Suppose a group of low level Arc owners take turns to upgrade the Arcs among them. Suppose the set of rules is not complete. Suppose some players (low level Arc upgrading team members) intentionally, or unintentionally, take advantages of the loop holes in the existing rules (in the context that the leveling-up cycle is very fast); they think only about securing rewarding spots and commit internal snipings; while others make sacrifices, and fill in unrewarding positions (seldom the case) or continue to contribute after securing a spot (often the case). And suppose the team leader cares more about his leadship image or authority and less about fair play. And also suppose everybody (else) kisses the leadshiper's ass...

Now, is the above (hypothetical) scenario in keeping with what is described in the original post?

But, be sure to remember, these are all "supposedly". They might or might not have actually happened. If you ask me, it never happened... ...

Now suppose it is not even a bad B-movie. Suppose it is just some idiotic rambling. Now what's the use of it?

Emberguard

Legend
@Bewildered Zeratul then I suppose since you said it was retrospective you need to let it go - either talk to the ones who offended you or privately within your self just forgive what happened

I suppose if you see it happening again you should say something to those it is occurring with

I suppose if it ever happened to occur again you'd need to sit down (so to speak) with the rest of the group and have a private discussion about what's fair to everyone

I suppose if this is the "banking" system where everyone puts into the same GB any amount they wish that any rewards must be deducted from the "banked" total in order for it to be fair to everyone.

I suppose another solution would be to rotate who goes for what position assuming all equal-ish incomes and make sure there's a full rotation of GBs marked out for which is lvl'd next so when a lower position has been finished the player can move on to the next GB without waiting on everyone else to finish

DeletedUser112797

I do agree with you, I play in 3 worlds, some players I have grown to know and we either privatly or not (one guild the poor leaders have given up on us ) have all sorts of discussions some about the game some not. Some players just don't like to chat and its ok, some after a while you get to know and participate more. I must say I do have private swaps and yes sometimes its hard to get a good position when the high level Arc players take a spot that is worth 10 FPs instead of leaving maybe to a lower level player, however sometimes you get lucky, thats the game.
I am in 3 awesome guilds, in one world however, one bad experience where the leaders were quite nasty as well as some of their followers and they loved to public shame new players making small mistakes, I left there pretty quickly but a new player may not know that this is not the norm in guilds and could get discouraged or pissed off and leave the game. Some judge new players that is true, instead of helping them get the hang of playing the game.
I'm sure Karma will visit those who public shame or take great advantage, just saying...

DeletedUser112797

Now suppose it is not even a bad B-movie. Suppose it is just some idiotic rambling. Now what's the use of it?
everyone is allowed to express their bit, it does seem to keep you happily commenting and busy

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I shall (for no reason) make an effort to maintain my original standing:
See "feedback section please read me" here, which provides,
Examples of what to post:
-First impressions
-Dislikes
What I posted is my first impressions. Generally speaking, first impressions are usually "wrong" impressions. In this case, wrong, but in the right place.
Frankly, what I was saying is that players sometime collaborate outside the game, on social media such as Facebook (I don't have one), a situation that might resemble multiple accounts sharing the same IP.
Plus, the section is called "General Community Discussion". Community, and social media... I think there is some connection there.
Maybe true, it should belong to the soap square. But the reason for that should be that "the matter is out of Inno's control".
This is all hypothetically. If I had a Facebook account, would I collaborate with my Facebook friends to sabotage this game?... I don't know...