• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed The Forged Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser113863

Marked-up original image attached.
Laner84
may2newframe_laner84.jpg

DeletedUser113537

See attached file for 15 differences

Attachments

• painting.jpg
    painting.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 182

DeletedUser97939

I can cofirm that there are 2 images at the top of this page in the 1st post by Sovereign.

Again I see many of you asking for the approval, as it was stated in the very first post that the approval message hides your post from other players from viewing them, your entries will be looked at once the competition has come to an end which will be at midnight tonight in just over 2 hours time, only the entries with all 15 correct answers will be approved and used to draw a winner, if nobody gets all 15 then it will go down to 14 correct answers and so on.

DeletedUser113606

I can cofirm that there are 2 images at the top of this page in the 1st post by Sovereign.

Again I see many of you asking for the approval, as it was stated in the very first post that the approval message hides your post from other players from viewing them, your entries will be looked at once the competition has come to an end which will be at midnight tonight in just over 2 hours time, only the entries with all 15 correct answers will be approved and used to draw a winner, if nobody gets all 15 then it will go down to 14 correct answers and so on.

I understand that I will not see the post, what i keep messaging about is the file or the picture do not upload, i get an error message. I guess I will have to try and write in text the differences

DeletedUser113606

well here goes, trying to describe each difference is a challenge! I hope I made it clear!

1. blue cloud in the sky missing
2. roof top block missing on the big house
3. middle window is upside down on big house
4. green flag is missing on big house
5. window is missing on the small house on the left side of the picture next to the big house
6. roof block is missing on back of house on the house under the small house on left side of picture
7. window on the round top of the house in the front row is different style
8. door hinge is missing on the house in the front row
9. banner symbols are in a different order on the house in the front row
10. window is missing on the house in the middle front row
11. cloud shading different on the house in the middle row above the house stated in 10.
12 the cover of the cart in the front row is missing the red shaded spot
13. basket/barrell is missing next to the house on the far right in the front row.
14. the striped pillar is missing in the house above the one in 13.
15. white bird is missing from the sky

DeletedUser

Hi,

It's 11:36pm here on June 10th in Ontario, Canada. I hope this reaches you in time.

1) The first one I found was what looks like a Hammer, squiggly line then and Anvil and on the other painting it's reversed. Squiggly line anvil then Hammer.
2) There is one less bird in the sky in Greva's Painting.
3) Green flag is missing on the castle in Greva's Painting.
4) Smoke above the middle chimney shows a window in the smoke in the forgery.
5) Middle window on the castle is upside down on Greva's Painting.
6)Above right green flag there is a cloud missing in Greva's.
7) By left chimney: the three windows to it's right - the furthest right window has a reflection/glare.
8) Right corner: Yellow tarp on the "market" has a red stain on the framed painting.
9) Bottom right house: to the right of the house it looks like the furthest right of the fence is missing - couldn't tell if it is fence but something is missing there.
10) Right chimney - to it's left there is a "vent" that is covered up by tree in the forged painting.
11) Left chimney: House is missing a latch on the door.
12) The free standing tower is missing a window on the right in the forged painting.
13) By Right green flag the _|```|_ piece like this is missing on the castle 2 on fake 3 on original.
14) Bottom right corner second house to left: missing window in center of house
15) Left red roof is missing the left post -> |_____|.

Cheers,
King of Tritan

DeletedUser114071

Ragu Silvertongue, your right hand man, visited Greva at her request, as an unusual painting had come in to her possession in a recent art auction. Ragu noticed that this is the same picture that hangs in the museum, it is one of a kind, yet there is a duplicate. Ragu Brings this to your attention, noting the paintings carry some differences proving it is a forgery! There are 15 differences can you help find these differences? The framed artwork is the original!

PLAYER: bandi9

orig-paint.jpg

DeletedUser114164

I would like to enter the Forged Painting competition. Attached is a picture with the fifteen differences circled in red, Zebi the Great.

Attachments

• ZebiTheGreat_differences.png
    ZebiTheGreat_differences.png
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 182

DeletedUser110620

Thanks for the opportunity to enter. Hopefully at the end of the competition a list of correct players who made it to the final stage of selection will be provided.

May I suggest next time that an instructional video is provided with how to use the relevent software, but also, a method using free software available on all platfroms and not just those form Microsoft. (Avoiding ad supported and free trials too please. Open Source is the best for this.)

One good example, though a little outdated as the program has eveolved since :
Just a short clip customised by your team, perhaps with one of the most obvious examples highlighted would be good.

Apart from that, try thinking very low complexity, such as someone using a camera pointed at their computer screen, and uploading the resulting video somewhere to be seen.

Or just one last suggestion would be to give versions of the images with a grid system, marked at the boarder so people can give answers like "4D, the cloud is different."

I only post this as to encourage this kind of competition in the future. I think the last one, might have been a crossword, word jumble or something didn't appeal to me at all.

I enjoyed the challenge, would like to see anouther similar one in the future. I hope my entry is on the 3rd of June is one of the correct ones to be considered for the draw. Good luck to everyone else.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113856

Here I apply the picture with my answers for the competition for 1000 diamonds

Attachments

• may2newframe fixing points 15.JPG
    may2newframe fixing points 15.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 140

DeletedUser109770

attached a file with corrections.

Attachments

• difference 2 saved.jpg
    difference 2 saved.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 132

DeletedUser114019

Hi Guy's
What's happened whith the competition Forged Painting?
I have not heard anything yet. I have sent you the image with the marked errors as well as the written list of all 15 errors.
This competition was already canceled from the message center or removed before the competition was over.
Where can I find the list of winners?
It would be nice to receive any feedback. My sincere thanks in advance.

Best regards

Pustewitz

Status
Not open for further replies.