• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed The Forged Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser113944

Differences marked by red squares in the original image attached
may2newframe.jpg

DeletedUser114061

please find the 15 differences circled in pink.

Attachments

• 15 differences.jpg
    15 differences.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 111

DeletedUser112743

ATT: DaegonDrake RE: FOE - Competition 2018

Hello Team,

Hope you are fine and well,

Please can you kindly accept my entry for the competition - I have found all 15 Differences in the Painting.

(Image attached with red circles for the 15 differences)

Regards

Sal.

Attachments

• FOE - Competition 2018.jpg
    FOE - Competition 2018.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 110

DeletedUser113068

1. Multi-story house (bottom center) missing window
2. Smoke from the same house's chimney doesn't obscure window of house behind it
3. Crate/barrel missing from bottom right corner
4. Red patch missing on yellow fabric covering of bottom right cart
5. Center window in castle upside-down.
6. Hammer and anvil on blacksmith sign reversed.
7. Rear bird missing.
8. Cloud above green flag missing.
9. Left green flag missing.
10. Blacksmith turret window blue not white
11. Blacksmith's door missing hinge.
12. Rooftop of middle left house missing architectural detail
13. Castle tower missing tiny black window opening
14. spiral column just above yellow tree is different.
15. Rooftop of castle missing architectural detail, far-right

16. Peace out, rock on.

DeletedUser111925

Here it is...

Attachments

• difference 15.jpg
    difference 15.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 96

DeletedUser114072

Submitted as photo. All 15 differences circled.

Attachments

• E9105A14-8773-4828-ACB0-4F1DE2D26EBA.jpeg
    E9105A14-8773-4828-ACB0-4F1DE2D26EBA.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 104

DeletedUser114069

Hi, i get the 15 difference of that picture,. i hope the miracle at my self :)

boy aip challage.jpg

Frooop

Private
difference-sol.jpg

(There really are only 14 *areas* with differences. My guess is that the door hinges on the bottom edge, mid-left, count as two. The middle hinge is completely missing. The top one is also different, thinner, fainter perhaps than the original. And the two differences aren't solidly connected. The original also has a faded border, but that's probably just an effect of the frame...)

DeletedUser113606

I am trying to upload a file to show the differences ..... i keep getting an error message. what format can i use and is there a size limit. thanks

Dragging the file does not work either

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113966

There are quite a few differences, I identified more than fifteen actually, but I understand what it is that you require. First, the forged painting is more definitive in the buildings colour variations. The original painting is duller, muted colouring and yet the buildings are far more defined...the buildings themselves have slight variations in sizes, width, and shapes, from each other with the sizes larger in the forgery...the frame certainly makes a huge difference but that is not one of the differences. The buildings are facing differently as well.

A. Birds, the birds are flying in a different pattern and there are some that are missing. I believe that there are two birds missing, it's hard to tell in the original if the first bird, nearest to the castle, is a bird or a cloud...no matter there is still a bird missing, and the bird formation varies as well.

B. There are differences in the cloud patterns, colours, and actually when you look at the top of the picture you'll notice that there are clouds missing from both sides, making this a duality in errors. The landscaping in the background differs from the original as well.

C. The landscape also differs below along the frame, there are errors in the trees but most apparent are the errors in colouring and shades (shadows) on the lawns down along the bottom of the picture.

D. The smoke is denser in the original...due to this, it hides certain details where in the forgery these details are illuminated

Castle - is missing a flag on the far back left hand side - top of turret.
- the right side, top of the roof, is missing a "bump" tile? don't know what to call this feature...original has 5, forged has 4
- looking at the left hand of the castle - I don't know if this is a separate room attached or a dove cote no matter it is missing a window and it differs in size compared to the original. This extra "room" should have 2 windows.
- looking dead on at the castle you'll notice in the middle of it three windows...the forgery has two windows sitting properly, but the middle one (third) is turned upside down.

Clouds...missing from the right hand side as well as the left hand side...there also appears to be differences in the colouring and shape of them.

buildings, compared to the original are larger, some more elongated, the buildings in the forgery have more definition, as mentioned before the colours are more vibrant in the forgery, makes sense when there's probable an age difference. The landscaping, trees, and shrubs are also different this includes in between the buildings as well.

Looking at the village, manors and cottages, stated from right to left:

right hand top row, manor house, pink and gold roof - 1 - I'm not sure if this difference is because of the frame blocking this window, or if the forger decided to make this window more defined...no matter there is only 2.5 windows in the original and there are 3 in the forgery, more defined and the angle of all these windows differs. The "front top" of this manor, or room, the protrusion differs in size, maybe it's because of the smoke but I see it as an error...this is larger in the forged picture.

next manor house, pink roof - 2 - in the forged picture it shows that this house has 3 windows, as I mentioned earlier there is a difference in the density of the chimney smoke. Denser in the original where it hides a window, the forged shows it.

green roofed manor - 3 - I for the life of me couldn't find anything wrong here except the sizes differ.

left hand - red with white trim roofed, manor - 4 - the manor in the forgery is larger and the tree in the front of it appears to be bushier. In the original painting the tree is not as bushy and the manor appears to be smaller. When looking along the roof you'll notice in the forgery that there is a finial ( is that what you call it?) missing, a post missing.

left hand side, front, mustardy yellowish straw roofed cottage - 5 - the upstairs front of building, room protrudes out and the size is different than the original. You will notice in the bottom left hand corner the lawn, colours and shadows differ when comparing each of these paintings. In the front of this cottage is a outdoor "oven" which also differs in size along with the table that sits near it.

greyed roofed manor house bottom row - 6 - in the forgery the door is missing a hinge, there should be 3. The sign that is hanging from the right hand side is reverted...the hammer and the anvil need to be switched to show the hammer first, not the anvil. The pathway differs from each picture...the one that goes from between this manor and the the yellow strawed roof cottage. Just to mention, again size differences and the smoke from the chimney is denser in the original...as it is with all the chimney smoke.

front and center, yellow straw roof cottage - 7 - the forgery is missing a window in the front of the cottage, and again the pathway between the houses differs.

the dark pink roofed manor - inset - just behind the red hoofed house - 8 - this house has a striped pole painted in the original...the forgery is missing this feature.

red roofed manor house - 9 - right bottom corner. Silo? size differs and the lawns are different as well. There is also a barrel missing in the forgery. Again the sizes differ between the buildings in the original and the forgery.

finally - the cart - there is a red patch on the roof of the cart in the original painting and the forged is missing it.

clouds missing, colour variants, shapes - right hand side
clouds missing, colour variants, shapes - left hand side
birds missing, flight path variations.
landscaping in behind the castle on both sides differs
trees, shrubs, differ slightly in colour, size, and shapes
the castle is missing a flag left hand side in the back
the castle has a middle window that is reversed top to bottom
the castle dove cote? is missing a window
building sizes and colours are different - brighter and larger with differing shapes in the forgery
smoke is denser in the original
manor 1 is larger in the forgery...window sizes differ and the frame is hiding? a window original 2.5 and the forgery has 3 defined
manor 2 this manor shows a third window through the smoke, where in the original it is fairly hidden
manor 3 the only difference I could find was again sizes
manor 4 left hand side - red with white trim roofed, looking along the roof - missing a finial or a post/decor
cottage 5 mustardy yellow straw roofed - the upstairs protrudes out further than the original, in the lower corner you'll find difference in the lawn colour and shadows and in the front is an outdoor oven with a table, which also is different in shape and size
manor 6 in the forgery the door is missing a hinge, should be 3
6 - the flag is reverted showing the anvil and hammer when it should show the opposite as in the original
cottage 7 the forgery is missing a window in the front of the cottage
manor 8 - inset - there is a striped pole in the original...it's missing in the forgery
manor 9 silo? differs in shape and size, the lawns differ as well. There is a barrel missing...should be 2 not 1
9 - cart front right bottom of picture...original has a red patch on the roof and the forgery is missing it

Unfortunately I get bogged down in detail...pity my poor profs who used to run when ever I attempted to hand in a research paper, subjective type exams, and papers...way too much information...on average 35 pages for research...LOL. I got great grades, and I made them earn their money when it came to me. I do tend to get to wordy...but there you have it. I hope I win, I'd love to spend some diamonds on neat things instead of the necessities of life, with factories and production lines. Have a great experience sifting through all of your submissions...cheers

DeletedUser113966

Please do not worry if you have submitted your answers in text form this is fine, whichever format works for you, your answers will still be counted.

I can confirm for you, that there are definitely 15 differences and here is a clue - the frame is not one of the differences, the framed picture is the original and the picture not in the frame contains all 15 missing items

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post them on here, I will do my best to answer them for you 8-)
Can you please let me know if you got my submission...I wasn't saving it as I typed along and now I'm having a fit...I posted it and then it went away...please let me know...thank you CeJy

DeletedUser114036

Hi, I have attached the answer. Circled in red 15 differences in the original paintings.
15Differences.jpg

DeletedUser111685

My attempt at the comp :)

Attachments

• may2newframe.jpg
    may2newframe.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 96

DeletedUser114041

My answer is in the attached picture.

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 105

DeletedUser114048

My Answers -
1. Reverse window in Top most building - Greva's fraud Painting
upload_2018-6-6_10-31-57.png
- Number of bricks is 4 original painting is five
upload_2018-6-6_10-34-16.png
Flag is in reverse in Greva's fraud Painting
4. Only 4 Flags in Greva's fraud Painting - 5 Flags in original painting
5. 5 Birds in Greva's fraud Painting - 6 birds in original painting
upload_2018-6-6_10-50-7.png
There is no window in Greva's fraud Painting in the building
upload_2018-6-6_10-51-22.png
Only One container in Greva's fraud Painting but it' s 2 in original painting
upload_2018-6-6_11-0-57.png
Door locks only two in Greva's fraud Painting but 3 in original painting
upload_2018-6-6_11-10-31.png
Window is visible in smoke in Greva's fraud Painting but in original painting window is not visible
upload_2018-6-6_11-13-41.png
There is no Piller with white and black colour but piller is in original painting
11 .
upload_2018-6-6_12-5-28.png
Window is missing in Greva's fraud Painting but window is there in original painting

DeletedUser112679

Thank you for the event, it was very fun and challenging, it took me a couple of hours to get it.
Attached Screenshot Also Included.
  1. Missing Cloud patch
  2. Six Birds not Five
  3. Castle is missing left Flag
  4. Castle window is upside down
  5. Castle battlement displays 5 but only 4 is shown.
  6. Bottom red house roof point is missing
  7. Left to the Castle tower window is missing
  8. 2nd house to the bottom left tower has a window that is shaded blue but is grey on the original
  9. 2nd house to the bottom left door is missing a lock
  10. 2nd house to the bottom left sign is opposite to the original
  11. 3rd house In the middle is missing a window
  12. Yellow tent is missing an orange towel
  13. A barrel is missing in the bottom right
  14. Window is faded within the smoke of the middle house
  15. The Tree to the right side of the house next to the chimney has added leaves.

Attachments

• submission.jpg
    submission.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.