• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

the event

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophianna

Private
why is it when u get to the level over 41 u have to wait to do the levels u restrict us to doing one level a day . this is not right and unfair and disgusting . sorry this is not playing the game fair . as some off the quests take a bit off time to do. this is the first time my husband and i have got this far in the events. no wonder people are leaving the game SHAME ON U FORGE OFF EMPIRES TEAM .this is why we have left other games before. i do like this game .but to me this is unfair and bad . what do others think

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I think this is how every single event for the past two plus years have been done?! :P

There's a simple formula for FoE events;
a) A sequential quest line of up to X quests, which can be completed as quickly as a player is able to.
b) A daily quest line that gives 1 quest every 24hrs. These begin at the start of the event, and typically a player will have a few of them 'stacked up' by the time they complete the initial sequential quest line.

Why this is a problem?
Daily quests simply mean there's something to do every day of the event, and NO quest will take beyond 24hrs to complete, unless you have no clue what you're doing, in which case, that's your problem and not Inno's.

Honestly, compared to how events used to be 3-4+ years ago when you had things like;
- NO ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS AT ALL!!
Don't want to scout a province, or take any sectors/provinces? well suck a lemon - you're gonna scout a whole buncha stuff or you can just quit the entire event! ...hilariously, some events had the order of these so badly jumbled up, you'd get BS like: 'acquire 3 sectors' -> 'scout a province' -> 'gain control over a province' -> 'acquire 3 sectors' -> 'infiltrate 4 sectors' -> 'acquire 2 sectors' -> 'gain control over a province.'

Oh, and did I mention about how There. Were. NO. Alternative. Options. At ALL!? As in, it was common to be outright forced to go through at least 2-3 entire provinces per event!:O
Which then lead to a majority of players being vastly over-scouted and thus either forced to rapidly age-up well before they were ready to, or else made every future event that much harder since now you had to deal with vastly superior armies and/or get ones hands on goods perhaps up to 3-4 ages above your current age.

- The quest was an actual riddle! (no seriously, this was the original Halloween format - I'm not joking!)
What does it want? Doesn't actually say, that's for you to figure out. (...typically by relying on the wiki site with the answers provided by the Beta players!)

- Ludicrous amounts of "buy fp's" and/or "spend fp's" quests that were murderous to IA - HMA players
Sometimes you'd even get a "donate X fp's to a GB" with no other option/s, so BA players were literally stopped from proceeding any further, at least until the unlocked Iron Age & the specific tech allowing for GB donations!

- Most/all battle quests involved the world map encounters, OR, would entail larger requirements for the "win X battles in a row without losing" type quests.
...oh, and this was also back in the days of truly random neighbourhoods, where you'd have everything from Tomorrow/Future era players, right on down to lowly poor Bronze Age saps! So, I hope you had a 'hood with at least 10-12 players below your current age you could savage for those quests, otherwise, enjoy the madness!

I mean, if we make this stuff any easier than it is now, Inno should just remove the entire events system and instead just drop a bunch of gak in our inventories every 6 weeks or so.
If you honestly can't complete an event from the last 2 years, then it's because;
a) You're either just starting out and have only played for 6-7 days, or else for some lunatic reason, you're just camping in Bronze Age.
b) You're racing through the tech tree and not building up any kind of an actual city economy.
c) You don't actually have the time to devote to events... as in, if you're logging in only once or twice a day, then it's not the game that's at fault, but rather, you simply don't have the actual time to devote the completing events.
d) You're in a crappy guild full of dead/inactive cities with 0 GE abilities and non-existent trading.

Agent327

Overlord
why is it when u get to the level over 41 u have to wait to do the levels u restrict us to doing one level a day . this is not right and unfair and disgusting . sorry this is not playing the game fair . as some off the quests take a bit off time to do. this is the first time my husband and i have got this far in the events. no wonder people are leaving the game SHAME ON U FORGE OFF EMPIRES TEAM .this is why we have left other games before. i do like this game .but to me this is unfair and bad . what do others think

EVEN BIGGER SHAME ON YOU

You already posted this and do not read the answers!!!

Or the announcement as a matter of fact!!!!

Emberguard

Legend
As you already started a thread on the topic elsewhere I’m closing this thread.

Please continue the conversation on your original thread here: Events

Status
Not open for further replies.