• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The effectiveness of GBs bonuses - player vs server

DeletedUser13468

My Aachen, CDM and Zeus are levelled up to level 10.

However, recent participation in Iron Age GvG proofed something is long amiss in the effectiveness of the attack and defense stats of a player vs the troops of the defender.

All the battle scenes showed that my ballistas struggled to eliminate the troops of the other player.

My ballistas had a total attack and defense stats of 90% while the attack and defense stats of the defenders were 25%.

Base on the bonuses from the GBs, my ballistas should have a higher tolerance level against the attacks from the ballistas of the defender.

However, it was dismay to see that ballistas on both sides received the same level of injury during the 1st attack on a flat terrain, which should not be the case when there is a different in the bonuses on both sides.

It is even more ridiculous to see a ballista on a hill was able to inflict a heavier damage on my ballista, which had a 90% bonus in attack and defense stats.

So the 90% bonuses from the GBs were rendered a mockery on my troops and the server, as it did not reflect the supposingly higher level of tolerance on my troops in the face of the 1st attack of a ballista from the defender.

Could the developers look into this matter and reduce the error margin asap?

It would be good to hear from other players whose troops have also experienced 'bemusing abnormality'.

rjs66

Lieutenant
have you considered that a bonus of 90% on not much still equals not much, and certain units get an attack bonus that equates to several percent when on hills ( or other terrain, depending on unit type)

the high percentage bonus makes quite a difference on PME, ME etc.. units as they have high stats to begin with

DeletedUser99588

Yes I have noticed the same thing although my attack bonus is not as high as yours. Doesn't seem to add up but I'm becoming accustomed to things not being as they should.

DeletedUser7719

The problem is probably the attack and defense of a ballista is too low. Percentage bonuses are always rounded to the nearest whole number, so they are more effective (or should I say accurate) with more advanced units. For example, since a stone thrower only has a defense of 2, a total defense boost of 24% does nothing to it (2 * 1.24 = 2.48) while a 24% boost on a defense or attack of 20 will increase it to 25.

DeletedUser2989

As stated above the problem is that it's a % applied to small numbers. Just to show the difference in stats of a Ballista under both buffs:

Base stats of 4 attack, 3 defence.
90% buff gets you 8 (7.6) attack and 6 (5.7) defence.
25% buff gets you 5 (5) attack and 4 (3.75) defence.

As you can see there is very little difference, at most the 90% buff has a slightly better chance of doing 1-2 more points of damage and taking maybe 1 less. I'm not 100% sure on the maths behind working out how much damage you should be doing/taking but with such small differences you'd expect very little difference.

DeletedUser13468

Folks,

Your prompt replies and sharing your views in this matter are certainly appreciated.

I am also flabbergasted that some of my ballistas, despite being full strength, have 90% bonus and remain in the same position, are only able to reduce 1 cube in a defending troop. The latter is obvious and happens frequently when my ballistas attack a soldier with no defense pool bonus!

So something is certainly wrong with the programme/ codes / scripts, that the normal and enhanced stats troops on the battlefields are not 'performing' as they should.

Due to this unexpected 'bugs', some of my troops died an inglorious death when they should be alive...

DeletedUser2989

When it comes to the boosted ballistas vs unboosted soliders it may not be a bug as well.

Unboosted soliders at based have an attack of 9 and defense of 9 (a higher defense than your ballistas attack even boosted).

So it ends up as:
90% buff Ballista 8/6 (+2a on hills so 10/6 if on a hill)
0% buff soliders 9/9 (+3d in bushes/+4d in trees so either 9/12 or 9/13)

So with both units in open ground your attack is still weaker than their base defense, if both in your prefered terrain the soliders still win out. Theoretically based on the strenght stats alone a full army of soliders should win more times than the full army of ballistas, factoring in the long range it might be a 50% chance of wining the battle.

I think when it comes to IA and probably EMA troops you need to look more at what units have a bonus against other units rather than relying on a buff from GB's. If you do want to rely more on your buff then I'd also go with those units with higher stats as they'll gain more than those with low stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13468

It remains as a surprise and a shock to see my tickets appearing in FoE forum without my approval, knowledge, awareness etc.

The question remains how and when did the above happen?

How do FoE Support and or Inno. differentiate the role and responsibilities of FoE Support and FoE forum, where the latter deviated from its origin creation and purposes of its creator(s).

Amy Steele

General
It remains as a surprise and a shock to see my tickets appearing in FoE forum without my approval, knowledge, awareness etc.

The question remains how and when did the above happen?

As has been pointed out in your other thread, it seems that you yourself posted this topic, some 3 years ago, so you may have forgotten having done so.

How do FoE Support and or Inno. differentiate the role and responsibilities of FoE Support and FoE forum, where the latter deviated from its origin creation and purposes of its creator(s).

FoE Support is entirely separate from the forum. Though our In Game Moderators do have accounts on this forum, and are listed in the FoE Staff list, they will never post any details from tickets on this forum or elsewhere, as it would be a breach both of our forum rules, and also German data protection law for them to do so. Indeed, if we (the forum moderatiom team) become aware of a player posting details from a ticket on this forum, the post is removed.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Should you have any questions or concerns, as twomsuk adivised in your other thread, please contact our support, and we will try to address those concerns. You can contact our support by using this link

http://support.innogames.de/login/to/game/foe/market/en

if your player name or password is not recognised then just click the forgotten player name/password link and submit an email address.

Major Spank

Private
The attack/defense is truly not calculated properly, I have 280/200 att/def and still get beat up by weaker troops, even lost 1 against 8 Iron age ballista in AA other day. Not worth crying though, you'll just get called a noob and that you dont know what your doing here.

By the way, I was using OE troops when the ballist got me