• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The diamond system is way to intrusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know that since this is a free to play game, I understand the importance for diamonds being the best way of revenue. However as soon as I started the game I just felt so bombarded by all of BUY DIAMONDS NOW stuff, its just way to in your face in my opinion. I'm enjoying the game so far just the whole system is really taking away from my immersion :c

DeletedUser

I feel the same way man, I just wish there were other ways to earn diamonds other then buying them. I enjoy the game, I just wish it was more skill reliant instead of product reliant.

DeletedUser

There is a quest that gives 25 diamonds, however I have not seen another so far..

DeletedUser265

haha what you can buy for 25 Diamonds
whe test the Game and must buy the Dimonds funny better free Dimonds

DeletedUser210

There is at least one other load of free diamonds later on.

DeletedUser433

Yeah plus I dont like how you can advance the entire tech tree using diamonds, that gives such an unfair advantage to those willing to pay...

I can see this being a big problem

DeletedUser

It seems there is now way to get diamonds other than buying them in the early part of the game. I have used all mine on research and cannot advance any further unless I pay up front for more diamonds. I cannot even build a theatre so there does not seem much point in carrying on.
I cannot see much future for this game but will check in again soon to see if anything changes.

DeletedUser242

Why can't you progress any further without diamonds? Is there some point from which onwards you need diamonds for research?

DeletedUser

Lol diamonds arent that big of a deal... Im top 3 of my continent and never needed diamonds... Yeah just play better and its fine...

DeletedUser

There is a quest that gives 25 diamonds, however I have not seen another so far..

Actually, there are many. They randomly appear by the joker. Players get discouraged because the joker will ask for a lot of gold, over and over, and you get nothing. But if you keep giving it, eventually you get diamonds.

DeletedUser

Lol diamonds arent that big of a deal... Im top 3 of my continent and never needed diamonds... Yeah just play better and its fine...
thanks for that. I would appreciate some guidance from you as to how you have done that thanks.

DeletedUser

he probably has alot of time to play,if you have nothing to do except sit at your pc,or can play at work you can get alot of points :p
i have only been playing 5 days and already have 68589 with only about 7 hours a day to play (apart from on my nights off work )

DeletedUser

Quote/he probably has alot of time to play,if you have nothing to do except sit at your pc,or can play at work you can get alot of points
i have only been playing 5 days and already have 68589 with only about 7 hours a day to play (apart from on my nights off work ) /end quote.

Well There seems no point in me being online as I cant build anything. or research anything. The only thing I can do is research in the hunters house and collect gold from my houses. rather boring really
thanks for that. Can you share your method with us thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the diamonds, but then I am prepared to pay... I think one way to add to this however would be to have a diamond exchange, where players can buy diamonds for gold and production, this would allow those who dont wish to pay to get some diamonds at an exchange rate, the more diamonds on offer the cheaper the price, and the diamonds on offer can be set by both players with diamonds selling them (to obtain gold and production) and a small amount added each day by the innogames team to keep the exchange running...

DeletedUser

i doubt i will be buying diamonds,at least not in the closed beta i will have to see what improvements are made in the open game before i decide wether to buy them or not :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Quote/he probably has alot of time to play,if you have nothing to do except sit at your pc,or can play at work you can get alot of points
i have only been playing 5 days and already have 68589 with only about 7 hours a day to play (apart from on my nights off work ) /end quote.

Well There seems no point in me being online as I cant build anything. or research anything. The only thing I can do is research in the hunters house and collect gold from my houses. rather boring really
thanks for that. Can you share your method with us thanks.

Why the hell cant u research nothing ?! :s

Just research things that give you expansions , try not to waste space , and then research buildings that give you more coins and supplies... Diamonds would not give you anything more if u cant be online enough time... So dont blame on diamonds , i dont use it but i dont blame who use it...

DeletedUser276

pretty much. You dont NEED diamonds to research anything. They are just easy quick clicks when you dont have certain resources like dies or potter or something. The game was built to be played over time not a week. From what you are saying it just comes across as you want to be up the tech tree and completely finished within that time frame.

I understand the being flooded by diamonds stuff but remember this is a beta of the game. Things will definitely still be changing as we near public release and even a bit afterwards. As for getting diamonds without paying for them.... I am sure over time there will be surveys and such you can do in exchange for diamonds just like on other games but dont quote me on that as I have not heard a definate answer on this.

DeletedUser

you also attain 11 diamonds through the "hide and seek" quest at least you did idk if the quest is still in the game

DeletedUser

you say diamonds are intrusive...

yet their only function is to speed up the game.

basically if youre impatient, you'll buy diamonds - if not, youll see that you arent missing out on anything/having less fun that those who purchased diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.