• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The current state of the game

• Thread starter Deleted member 127677
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 127677

There doesn’t seem to be any general feedback thread? And since we can’t give general comments under feedback for individual features, there seems to be no place to voice this? If there is, please do repost this there.
The game has been a great distraction for years for me, but now the game play is very much the same, day in day out. There is a lack of innovation, not only with the last three eras but also with more and more events that are too long and repetitive, and lately GE5 with little reward for the effort spent. There are better ways to run daily, weekly or even monthly events while rewarding players and even guilds according to their activity (ever heard of milestones? combined with changes to how you incentivise spending) in other games. Why not learn from that? Or actually take onboard some of the amazing ideas voiced in the foras? As it currently stands, it feels like there is no new game play, no new features that aren’t drawing on what has already existed in the game for years, and no thoughts as to how that could be addressed.
In addition to that general frustration with the way the game is not being developed for individual players, the action and inaction on the three main guild activities is disappointing; GbG with the lag and bugs, not to mention the activity requirements; Gvg issues including what players have done to get ahead with it not addressed for years, and yet it’s the single most important determining factor for guild rank; and now the ‘improvements’ to GE, not only the incongruous launching of GE5 to live in pretty much unchanged form, despite all the negative comments during testing, but also nerfing the rewards for GE level 1-4 to a point some players see no point in playing it at all.
Final point, the overt monetisation, and the ads. Again, there are better ways of implementing these things, in other games. Learn from those.

Knight of ICE

but also nerfing the rewards for GE level 1-4 to a point some players see no point in playing it at all.

You mean the nerfing of some rewards. Not all rewards have been nerfed. Some have been increased.

And since we can’t give general comments under feedback for individual features, there seems to be no place to voice this?

I can find plenty of places where you can voice your feedback on individual features.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ild-expedition-level-5-feedback-thread.46054/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/mobile-video-ads-a-b-test-ii-feedback.45615/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...legrounds-optimization-feedback-thread.46045/

and as far as Events go, that they are to long and repetetive is voiced in every feedback thread of the Event. That leaves GvG. Well, what the future of GvG is has been made very clear and it isn't the single most important determining factor for guild rank

I understand your frustration with the way the game is at the moment and the direction it seems to be going, but you are not saying anything new. Everything you say has been forwarded to the devs. Not just from this forum, but from all fora.

Deleted member 127677

You mean the nerfing of some rewards. Not all rewards have been nerfed. Some have been increased.
More fps and goods, great. Diamond rewards reduced by over half. Buildings that we could get as whole buildings now awarded as fragments, in illogically named sets. And, let’s not forget, those are buildings that are by far surpassed already by what the events have been offering for years. An improved Sky Watch? Really?

I can find plenty of places where you can voice your feedback on individual features.
The point was that I wanted to give a general feedback as that is not allowed under any individual thread.

what the future of GvG is has been made very clear and it isn't the single most important determining factor for guild rank
It actually hasn’t been made clear, all we hear is it will not be changed. But it is still part of the game, it is definitely what determines rank since guild level and the 1000 league point factor make negligible difference for any guild in top 50. By contrast, all other things being equal, Gvg propels you to top 10 with a couple of days’ effort or higher if you maintain it. Since this is the case, but the problems with it are not addressed, what does that do for general satisfaction with your game experience?

Everything you say has been forwarded to the devs. Not just from this forum, but from all fora.
So the fact that nothing happens about it means it should not be raised again?

Forwandert

Major-General

You can raise it but you won't get a response, so you won't know any thoughts about it, the forums are mainly feedback ie you give feedback not a debate or discussion with inno. So it tends to lead to self frustration on why no response but nobody said there would be one. There isn't a general feedback one as devs don't want general feedback or there would be one. They want specific feedback on specific things or the feedback would be diluted in a general one and someone would need to collate from various threads rather than one.

Gvg especially has had a line drawn under the last correspondence about it and you can take it as 'it is what it is'. I don't even think it's a line as they dont want to do anything about it, I doubt there's anyone in Inno these days that could do anything about it. Gvg was created many years ago and the lead dev behind it (who by the way was the last one that seemed to communicate with players to get a decent understanding of issues) passed away in 2015. Since then it was practically abandoned a year or so later with AA whacked on and left alone. The response to gvg being sidelined was gbg that all could play on all devices.

So if you consider how long people have complained and giving feedback on some of these issues without a response now you can see why it's probably getting tiring all round with the same things every few months.

Deleted member 127677

Thanks for engaging, Forwandert. I do get it, believe me. Played another game for a while where the developers themselves ran the feedback/raise your issues with them channel. Amazing how engaged people could be, and how different that experience was. With FoE, it seems more fan driven, and that is getting less active than it used to be. Sign of the times to me. All I can hope for is that the next era brings some new interest for all those who are saying they will leave or have gone into coasting mode.

Knight of ICE

More fps and goods, great. Diamond rewards reduced by over half. Buildings that we could get as whole buildings now awarded as fragments, in illogically named sets. And, let’s not forget, those are buildings that are by far surpassed already by what the events have been offering for years. An improved Sky Watch? Really?

So you do not like the changes. Fine. Fact is that not all rewards have been nerfed, but I can understand that claiming all have been nerfed gives you a much better argument. And it is not just fp's and goods. Extra turns as well.

It actually hasn’t been made clear, all we hear is it will not be changed.

You missed this?

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.37671/

But it is still part of the game, it is definitely what determines rank since guild level and the 1000 league point factor make negligible difference for any guild in top 50. By contrast, all other things being equal, Gvg propels you to top 10 with a couple of days’ effort or higher if you maintain it. Since this is the case, but the problems with it are not addressed, what does that do for general satisfaction with your game experience?

And it is still not the single most important determining factor for guild rank, but I can see how that suits your argument better. You really like to exaggerate things to make your point. My Guild is in the top 50 and we do not participate in GvG at all. Furthermore is does not do diddly for general satisfaction with my game experience. I do not care about ranking at all and I am not the only one.

It means that raising it again and again does not mean that changes will happen faster because of that. The suggestion for an aid all button has been forwarded somewhere around 2013/2014. After that it has been raised multiple times. Changes in this game take time. Just because it does not happen right away, does not mean the devs do not know our wishes.

All I can hope for is that the next era brings some new interest for all those who are saying they will leave or have gone into coasting mode.

That argument has been used so often that it can hardly be taken serious anymore. If you go by the premise that the devs do not just have a meeting tomorrow to decide what the next era will be, but that they plan far ahead, the next era is not likely to be much different.

Deleted member 127677

Ice, I am not even sure where you are coming from. In no place did I claim that 'all' rewards had been nerfed. I said, and I have asked my guild for feedback about this for the past two and a bit weeks, that the rewards for 1-4 have been nerfed to 'a point some players see no point in playing it at all'. You think I made that up? I still completed 80 encounters in GE this week. Will probably do it one more week to see if it's actually worth doing after the one month it's going to take to get the buildings, then I'll make my mind up for my game.
Your guild in top 50 is exactly the point. You may not care. Others do. The top Gbg guild in my world for the past year has not gotten the number 1 rank during all that time, despite being hugely active. Did they want the number 1 rank spot, I can't say. But they sure did suddenly launch into Gvg, from no activity at all with it for a couple of years. They were a consistent top 20 guild before that. My own guild has been a top 5 Gbg guild, and a top ranked guild, for a decent amount of time. Never did we drop out of 1000 league points, but the league points are not what got us the number 1 spot either.
Finally, if you feel like not taking the argument seriously that people have been losing interest and generally stopped spending time in the game, it is your prerogative. I guess stats will bear that out eventually. I know I've seen several players leave recently, stating their non-enjoyment of the game after the recent events and particularly GE5 as the reason. Some others are lethargic and basically waiting for a new era to see if it's any better. Should I believe what they say or decide they are exaggerating?

Deleted member 127677

As for this. Obviously not. I have played Gbg since it was first launched. People anticipated that it would be the Gvg for mobile that everyone could play. remember? We all know how that went. There are hundreds of pages of feedback about various bugs, the implementation, the farm, the unfairness of how it has turned out. And the result at least in my world? More guilds have gone back to Gvg than ever before. And that's a feature that is bugged to annoyance.

Knight of ICE

In no place did I claim that 'all' rewards had been nerfed. I said, and I have asked my guild for feedback about this for the past two and a bit weeks, that the rewards for 1-4 have been nerfed to 'a point some players see no point in playing it at all'. You think I made that up?

No I don't think you made it up. I do think that you make it look like all rewards have been nerfed. Fair would have been to say that some rewards were nerfed, others stayed the same and some have been increased. While some players might not see a point in playing it at all, others actually like some of the changes. Let's be realistic. Most complaints here I have seen are about the nerve in diamonds and only that. That is it. All other rewards are hardly mentioned other than with reference to the AD.

Your guild in top 50 is exactly the point.

How can that be exactly the point? You claim that GvG definitely is "what determines rank since guild level and the 1000 league point factor make negligible difference for any guild in top 50." If that is so, how can my Guild be in the top 50 when all we have is guild level and the 1000 league point? Shouldn't we not be placed much lower if what you say is correct? It seems to make enough difference to not call it negligible.

Finally, if you feel like not taking the argument seriously that people have been losing interest and generally stopped spending time in the game, it is your prerogative. I guess stats will bear that out eventually. I know I've seen several players leave recently, stating their non-enjoyment of the game after the recent events and particularly GE5 as the reason. Some others are lethargic and basically waiting for a new era to see if it's any better. Should I believe what they say or decide they are exaggerating?

I am taking the argument seriously. People lose interest and stop spending time in the game. That happens in every game. I just do not agree with the argument that it is because of their non-enjoyment of the game after the recent events and particularly GE5. Sure for some it will be, but I have seen plenty that threaten to stop because of similar reasons at previous changes and are still playing. Yes stats will bear it out eventually and who do you think has those stats? Your view is based on the few players you have spoken. Who do you think has the bigger picture? I will give you a very clear example. The Castle System. Nobody on the forum liked it. Everybody was dead against it. Nobody would ever pay for it, yet if you look at it from Inno's point of view it was a huge succes. A very large number of players had the castle maxed out on day one. It was such a succes they could add extra levels in no time. Same goes for Forge Plus. Don't think I have seen a positive comment on the forums, yet I see a lot of those avatar frames in the game.

As for this. Obviously not. I have played Gbg since it was first launched. People anticipated that it would be the Gvg for mobile that everyone could play. remember? We all know how that went. There are hundreds of pages of feedback about various bugs, the implementation, the farm, the unfairness of how it has turned out. And the result at least in my world? More guilds have gone back to Gvg than ever before. And that's a feature that is bugged to annoyance.

Bugs and lag is been worked on as the recent changes show. The farm has nothing to do with Inno, but comes from players that have found a way to abuse the system. Nothing new there. They always do. As far as the unfairness goes, it isn't unfair. Sure, there will always be people complaing, but that will be the case with whatever matching system will be in place.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
In my humble opinion the game is becoming more and more pay-to-win. The Golden Upgrades made that obvious:
Want to upgrade the Druid Hut to Archdruid Hut? Buy the Premium Pass, or spend 4 to 6 months collecting fragments for the Golden Upgrade (but at least we could get 50 fragments from the event and the Druid Hut produces one per day).
Want to upgrade the Panda Reserve to the Panda Shrine? Buy the Premium Pass and get it right away, or get the Golden Panda Statue (if you can!) and spend ~6 months collecting from it.
Want to upgrade the Trading Post to Buccaneer's Bay? Well, things seem to work similar to the Druid's Hut...

Basically the new normal is “Pay real money and get your building maxed now, or wait a few months", whereas the old normal was "do well enough in the event and get one building maxed, or pay money to get multiple buildings maxed".

Before the Golden Upgrades we got the Castle System, where players can spend years working to max their castle level... or spend money and get it maxed right away. As Knight of ICE kindly pointed out some players chose the latter option, saving them years of work and time, and giving them a significant advantage over those who can't or won't do that.

Paying to get an advantage has always been a thing, but it wasn't this blatant. But in recent months things changed, and not for the better (case in point: Ads on mobile, less diamonds from GE). I am going to stick around for a bit longer, but if things keep going in the same direction, I might have to say 'goodbye' to the game...

Last edited by a moderator:

suethegreat

Captain
With the fragment debate impacting the game I just checked my inventory in a more recent city and found 19 boxes of fragments and...69 boxes of 'kits' some that have gathered dust to the extent of no idea what is in there and finally the barrel box. 26 Sun Gods and 36 Ancients for which now I can collect fragments to make more eventually. Yes i can sell some on AD if there was anything worth buying with the rewards as per other thread.

Ashtro

Major
The Great Building named Château Frontenac does boost your diamond reward from completing quests. The higher the GB level the more diamonds can be awarded.

The rewards from such as GE are now fragmented because you can trade these whole items in for trade coins at the Antiques Dealer. I have noticed that a lot of people whom accumulated tonnes of trade coins and do the bidding that discouraged new players as they do not have much trade coins.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

The Great Building named Château Frontenac does boost your diamond reward from completing quests. The higher the GB level the more diamonds can be awarded.

You can not get diamonds just from quests. You get them from recurring quests and the occasional other quest. From recurring quests you can only get them once. After that they are replaced by medals.

The rewards from such as GE are now fragmented because you can trade these whole items in for trade coins at the Antiques Dealer.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why they are fragmented now! They are fragmented cause Inno rebalanced the rewards!

Ashtro

Major
You can not get diamonds just from quests. You get them from recurring quests and the occasional other quest. From recurring quests you can only get them once. After that they are replaced by medals.
I am only trying to say one way of acquiring more diamonds as reward.

Knight of ICE

Locking this thread. Posters are going off topic and using this thread for feedback on current events. We have feedback threads for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.