• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Cultural Settlements are pay to win.

DeletedUser117610

I don’t agree with many of the sentiments in this thread at all (regarding difficultly). I finished my first Egyptian settlement in 14 days without spending any diamonds. And using all the tricks I picked up the first time around I’m set to finish the second in 15 days LMAO.

Im sure that once people think about it a bit more they’ll work it out, or someone will write a detailed walk though and then it’s by the numbers. Either way I’m confident that once the % of 4* gets high enough it will be trivial to complete in 14 days well before the max reward actually requires it.

Comparing the settlements IMHO:
* Japan is the easiest of all; rinse and repeat to finish in 6 days once you max it, 6-7 before that, if you race market.
* Vikings I found more challenging to finish on time but that’s mainly cos it’s so dull and I hate it - plus the time reward isn’t good so there’s little incentive.

But getting back to complaining about Egypt some of the quests truly suck
* sell half your base to get enough diplomacy for the next tech
* sell most of those pots you just planted to get 2*1 thingies to get the tech after that (and that’s assuming you planned ahead and didn’t get the tech advancement until you could get both, otherwise repeat complaint 1 above
* get 30 of each resource by selling everything except pop buildings so you can fit 3* of each good building, wait 4h for those to finish and do the required productions, and then sell all that to fit 4 pyramids to get an insane amount of coins and spend a day clicking buttons to get across the line
* there’s more I could rant about but those are highlights

Seriously someone needs to look at the inane clickfest caused by this trash and change it to not be a complete waste of time. Selling everything to build 50+ pots and wait 1m for them to build only to sell them and replace them with some other trash just to sell those - OMG...

DeletedUser117610

EDIT: I move the Quick Start Guide here forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/ancient-egypt-settlement-quick-start-guide.39964/.

Last edited by a moderator:

suethegreat

Captain
Face slap time..doing my first Vikings and thought building Mead Hall was the end of it so sold off some other production buildings once done to make room then discover a sneaky end challenge of 10 goods of each type arghhh now watching building build again 4 hrs etc....luckily 2 days to go (no diamonds spent..the prize hopefully is good?)..this is where someone says yeah you get a nice shiny badge.

DeletedUser

Face slap time..doing my first Vikings and thought building Mead Hall was the end of it so sold off some other production buildings once done to make room then discover a sneaky end challenge of 10 goods of each type arghhh now watching building build again 4 hrs etc....luckily 2 days to go (no diamonds spent..the prize hopefully is good?)..this is where someone says yeah you get a nice shiny badge.
The rewards are well worth it {to me at least}, it pays to research the topic and allow oneself to be guided by the input from the Beta Players.

suethegreat

Captain
The rewards are well worth it {to me at least}, it pays to research the topic and allow oneself to be guided by the input from the Beta Players.
lol good so is the 10 goods thing the last or do i keep my defunct woollen mills going lol :) waiting for the fat lady sings challenge then i can relax

suethegreat

Captain
Finished the Vikings not sure charmed with prize lol seem to be in Egypt now not Japan as have read elsewhere. Either way the guide here is excellent just have to remember roads cost and not rearrange via delete! Kudos Lord Grok

DeletedUser

I'm very impressed at everyone who can finish the vikings in time. I've tried it so many times and never managed. Is there a trick or best way of achieving this?
4 hours collections i think,
i dont finish it in time, im too lazy xD

suethegreat

Captain
i finished with 2 days to go. I deleted the cider production x2 once achieved til game end * and doubled up or x3 on other supplies built lots of markets for cash and ended up with 3 long accommodation houses and played around with the little feel good decorations. Only used goods for expansion and only picked the full 4x4 so had a hole in the middle. Running 24/7 on 4 hrs and 8 overnight. My mistakes not realising the long houses only paid out once a day and deleting a market for space then realising the feelgood loss so had to reinstate it and wait for rebuild zz. Also thought the last hall was the end so deleted some production to make space for it then got hit with the 40 goods challenge but still had 2 wool but able to rearrange to get cider* axe and horn back. Ended up with 19k + cash which didnt seem to even get a bonus.. :( use every square and dont be afraid to delete runes/shrines and rebuild every :) counts.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
4 hours collections i think,
i dont finish it in time, im too lazy xD
I do collect every 4 hours except overnight and I've managed to finish the Japanese settlement several times but the Vikings just seem to take so long. I wondered if there was a clever strategy prioritising expansions over research or similar

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
i finished with 2 days to go. I deleted the cider production x2 once achieved til game end * and doubled up or x3 on other supplies built lots of markets for cash and ended up with 3 long accommodation houses and played around with the little feel good decorations. Only used goods for expansion and only picked the full 4x4 so had a hole in the middle. Running 24/7 on 4 hrs and 8 overnight. My mistakes not realising the long houses only paid out once a day and deleting a market for space then realising the feelgood loss so had to reinstate it and wait for rebuild zz. Also thought the last hall was the end so deleted some production to make space for it then got hit with the 40 goods challenge but still had 2 wool but able to rearrange to get cider* axe and horn back. Ended up with 19k + cash which didnt seem to even get a bonus.. :( use every square and dont be afraid to delete runes/shrines and rebuild every :) counts.
Thanks so much I'll definitely give it another go and try everything you have suggested. Now I know that it is possible I'm more motivated to try again

DeletedUser

I do collect every 4 hours except overnight and I've managed to finish the Japanese settlement several times but the Vikings just seem to take so long. I wondered if there was a clever strategy prioritising expansions over research or similar
there is a guide on youtube,
i managed to collect in 1 hours for the day and in 8 hours when i was sleeping, it worked for me.
I dont remember about what expansions i used 1st sorry

suethegreat

Captain
i also moved the main building top left now i wish i took a screen shot. I know i used all extensions without rocks. Only rocks were those originally given and built round those with shrine, road and runes etc

I Am The Cat

Private
I'm very impressed at everyone who can finish the vikings in time. I've tried it so many times and never managed. Is there a trick or best way of achieving this?

How though? How have you tried it so many times? People in other threads have mentioned repeating the settlements and switching between settlements but I don't understand how you do this. I can only play a settlement once and when the time's up that's it. I can't access it again. Neither can I return to other settlements. Clearly I'm missing something. I've looked and I can't find anything on the forums that tells me how to switch between settlements or how to play them over again.

If you've completed it you just click on the boat and immediately choose one to start.

You can only play one settlement at a time

I Am The Cat

Private
OK. Thank you, Cursedveggie. I don't recall being able to click the boat and choose a settlement but once I've finished the current one I will look. The only option I have ever been given is an entirely new settlement - previous settlements I have played have never appeared again as an option.

Each settlement has to be completed a certain number of times to get the main reward. Once you have completed it all progress is lost and you start again but with a reduced time limit but finishing in time is only for the secondary rewards (greater runestone etc) so don't worry about it much

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
there is a guide on youtube,
i managed to collect in 1 hours for the day and in 8 hours when i was sleeping, it worked for me.
I dont remember about what expansions i used 1st sorry
Still no luck. I've run through it twice more and I can barely get to the long house before I run out of reward chests. I guess I need to be playing 24/7

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Still no luck. I've run through it twice more and I can barely get to the long house before I run out of reward chests. I guess I need to be playing 24/7
It's been a while since I tortured myself with Vikings, but basically I managed to finish the settlement the first 11 times for the 'gold' chest rewards by;
1. racing to Shrines as soon as possible.
2. sitting around and running non-stop 5min productions for a couple nights to build up the copper supply high enough to run a minimum of 3 goods buildings by the time you unlock the 2nd cultural good.
3. continuing with running 5/15min/1hr productions as much as possible.

A lot depends too on sheer dumb luck as landing the x4 bonus on your very first goods collection is a game-changer, and will basically give you the equivalent of a "+1 day" boost to finishing the settlement on time.