• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player The Building of Promethia

DeletedUser115674

A journal that will have spoilers, musings, tips for other new players, reports and such as well as being a work in progress.

Edit: I would welcome any advice on the construction of my city but should i not take said advice it by no means reflects badly on either myself or the advisor ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115674

Wow, So I've really been enjoying the game so far, i cant complain... I've made several newbie mistakes and most likely will do so again LoL.
it's easy just when you start out following the story line and quests, but as the game progresses the game certainly has gained depth and at times the complexities of the tasks one needs to complete can be daunting.
It isn't always difficult though. so that make it a huge +1 from me :)

The biggest thing I've learnt personally since starting the game is to temper my speed of progress or end up not being able to do what i want when i need to.
Then i find it easier to be co-operative both in my guilds and neighborhood as well as those whom are on my FL (Friends list)

Hopefully these two lessons will lead me well in the months and perhaps years to follow ;)

DeletedUser115674

Promethia.jpg

DeletedUser115674

Early middle age sounds ominous... ;):lol: i think i may stay there just a bit to build up resources, and to hopefully level up my current great buildings as the extra "goods" and benefits they provide will not go to waste. i'm also hoping to find more incidents or rewards from quests or GE where i can pack away some buildings. Building space is really a premium!

DeletedUser115674

Pet peeve for today, though maybe not if i get it right is the Very Complex Negotiation... trying to gather 2000 goods in a space of 24hrs is going to be tough, may be better to let this one go and save my produced resources for the Halloween Event, id like to do well in that and hopefully be as lucky as i was in the Fall event :) :) :)

DeletedUser115674

So, Late last night i came to the conclusion that i am trying to spread out my "goods" producing buildings and failing to effectively trade. My solution is then to rearrange my city layout then focus only on my current era "goods" - i can then trade for the "goods" that i need in/at higher volumes and i think this should work.
It will still be a double edged sword as i most likely will still get plundered now and then, also this strategy may fail spectacularly, either way i enjoy experimenting and seeing what works well for me.

DeletedUser115674

Screenshot_2018-10-21 Forge of Empires.jpg
Being That i am only in the EMA my new strategy appears to be working somewhat, a 250% improvement on previous attempts on the GE even though it is by no means the best results obtainable, i guess its a combination of luck, a little help from my guild mates (thank you) and some successful trading and negotiations. this in a matter of day! Once my fighting GB's have improved some i think i may eventually be able to hold my own in the guild rankings :). Knowing that this might not always be the kind of result i am looking for i will have to refine it more and take it from there. For now though i am quite pleased.8-)

DeletedUser115674

Watch this space! LoL. I am super happy that i was able to lay down the foundations for my T.o.R. (Temple of Relics) today, it goes to show with a little "out the box" thinking and some assistance from Guild friends re trades nothing is impossible! So if you, dear reader, are looking for a great guild search them out, they are there on whichever server you play and whichever world you play in! will post a pic of the Temple when its up and running ;)

DeletedUser115674

A special shout out to the helpful folks on the "What time is it?" Competition thread.

DeletedUser115674

As promised the Temple has been risen from the mud, Thank you.
upload_2018-10-22_23-20-14.png

DeletedUser115674

At the end of the road not too close to where the rest of the population lives and where the closest one hear bewildering noises late at night....
upload_2018-10-23_17-53-36.jpeg

DeletedUser115674

Thought for the day i have been spreading my time between several worlds and barely making it work. Today i decided to focus on the one world only that way when i re-establish my cities in the others i will have a better feel and understanding of the way things work and how to play. I have been very fortunate that in the worlds I've played in i found great guilds to work an learn from, but unfortunately for now there can only be one ;) The Halloween event is great so far too, I have not received a graveyard yet that will most likely stay in my inventory until i really need it. :D

DeletedUser115674

New day new thought...
upload_2018-10-26_5-50-6.jpeg
do i really need my pond of fall?
what would replace it with if i do not?