• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Best Town Forge of Empires

DeletedUser3157

It is crystal clear that this is close to most efficient:
Townhall in corner
1 horizontal street
several vertical streets

Everybody follows these rules.
But come'on do you really like that city, doesn't exist.

It's so unrealistic to put the town hall in a corner...

90%-95% of the players have the townhall in the corner, maybe even outside of the town... Almost all the cities look identical.
Similar to Wallachian's town.
Why not make a plaza or a marker or a suare somewhere. Every medieval / roman city had one...

If you don't care about efficiency and combine buildings from all ages, something wonderful could arise ;)

EDIT: Have you ever thought about building a concentric city:
Town Hall in center and 2 rings -> this could turn out to quite efficient. Military and Large buildings on the outside and residential and cultural buildings on the inside. Put your imagination to work, you will be surprised what can come out :)

If you work for a while to have your town as efficent as possible(both for max buildings and easy collecting), you may soon stop seeing towns like this. When I look at towns and see someone having a really efficent and clean blocks put out really well, I see that town as beautiful.

DeletedUser6461

My town in Grefental

Your points are worthy, have a look at my town in Greifental just ensuring your points, currently 26th in that world within just above 1 month. having 62 residential buildings and 22 production buildings, 1 trebuchet, 2 catapults, 1 knights stable, 1 crossbow, 6 archeries, salt , gold, copper, limestone goods etc... (sorry for posting not so clear image-4 pictures edited with paint).
if u like my town, don't forget to add my reputation.

Attachments

• town kingjoseph2000.jpg
    town kingjoseph2000.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 549

DeletedUser

Why not make a plaza or a marker or a suare somewhere. Every medieval / roman city had one... If you don't care about efficiency and combine buildings from all ages, something wonderful could arise ;)

How about this - my village :)

2012-10-20 Brisgard village late LMA-early Colonial2.JPG

DeletedUser653

Interesting use of the market place....... Not sure what else to say, sorry.

DeletedUser3157

Actually about the "town logic" thing, I once had this "proximity to town hall" thought when thinking of ways trying to enforce different town setups. Basically the idea would have been that 'building efficiency' of a building depends on how many tiles of road that building is away from town hall, with military and residential buildings being immune to it. Basicially this would force players to place town hall in center and surround it with their best cultural/production buildings, leaving residential and military areas to the sides. Overall though it got tad too complicated(esp the details of the formula considering how much differnt town shapes and sizes people have) and seemed smth slightly uncharateristic to this game where they try to keep everything extremely simple, so I dropped it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser556

Why? :)

To win medals and make the city even bigger and uglier? :p

+1 to this

I would prefer working towards making my town prettier then making it bigger and bigger and then lose interest in the game. Many of the top players from my guild (Alchemists in Arvahall) have quit. Even supporters and from top 10 on the server.

Anyway the town will grow eventually as you are continuously winning medals (assumption) .

Surge

Brigadier-General
Hehehe.... well I provide you folks with a very poor resolution picture of my city (because this was shot on a 1920 x 1080 monitor).

I haven't seen anyone with this kind of model. Nowadays I see people having organized their cities to have a house place on one side and productions on another. Sure it's not pretty, but it's unique.

EcG1h.png

DeletedUser6461

Great Look!! Surge.
Much appreciated and congrats for your hard work!.

DeletedUser

This is what I have now.
Still contemplating which 4x4 to put next to that Musket Range...

(click to zoom)

forgestats link coming soon.

- L

DeletedUser

My city - Hells Gate.jpg
my city, i still have a few more buildings to place (74 free spaces) on the right hand side, i think i win on looks, and on practicality (im sure thats the word im looking for lol).... enjoy lol

heres a forgestat version of it...p.s. the ornemantal trees and the large colonial happiness buildings are there just to make up the 120% bonus.. i dont have them available or the land their on so to speak...
http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=3fd9ec856144de355c915a84f6e50cb3

DeletedUser

i think i win on looks, and on practicality (im sure thats the word im looking for lol).... enjoy lol

Fairly nice and easy to oversee, as for being practical, that plays even less of a role now with the Click&Drag system.
Your town reminds me a bit of Wallachian's town, and thus I have the same comments on it. ;)
This is "The Best Town of FoE" though, not the prettiest :p

Here's the forgestats link I promised:
http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=367743820587f5d750c4d8455979aac8

- L

DeletedUser

Fairly nice and easy to oversee, as for being practical, that plays even less of a role now with the Click&Drag system.
Your town reminds me a bit of Wallachian's town, and thus I have the same comments on it. ;)
This is "The Best Town of FoE" though, not the prettiest :p

Here's the forgestats link I promised:
http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=367743820587f5d750c4d8455979aac8

- L
by practical i mean there's hardly any wasted squares its all lined up no random little building.. and anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol.. i will forgive you for the "not the prettiest" hahaa

DeletedUser

Hardly any wasted squares? o_O

You have 14 decorations, your 4x4 Basalt Mason has roads on two sides and nearly all of your 3x3 and larger buildings have multiple roads attached to them.
If we go by the picture you posted, and disregard the unused space, you still have ~18% of town filled with roads and decorations.
I wouldn't call that hardly any wasted space ;)

- L

DeletedUser

Hardly any wasted squares? o_O

You have 14 decorations, your 4x4 Basalt Mason has roads on two sides and nearly all of your 3x3 and larger buildings have multiple roads attached to them.
If we go by the picture you posted, and disregard the unused space, you still have ~18% of town filled with roads and decorations.
I wouldn't call that hardly any wasted space ;)

- L
decorations is just that they can and will be deleted when i need the space, the basalt mason was just moved their to get all buildings in the shot ( i used paint and cropped copied and pasted ) took a while at 5am in the morning lol).. and im planning to add 2 libraries andother academy which will go at the bottom and will sort the the road percentage out... its still work in progress the end product will be will be like a visual orgasm haha

DeletedUser

Looking forward to see that then!
Do link a forgestats with your future plans when you've finished it ;)

- L

DeletedUser3157

by practical i mean there's hardly any wasted squares its all lined up no random little building.. and anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol.. i will forgive you for the "not the prettiest" hahaa

I think I understand what you mean, you can check town I posted in post #29 here and I think you would get that sense with that one too.

I disagree. With click and drag it's now much more important to have nice overview of town because it is very easy to miss buildings, especially in CA where there are so many colours so the building icons are super hard to see. My town right now is in transition stage in between all sorts of building upgrades right now. It's not too bad road percentage wise, I think it was 13.9 when I had it in forgestats last time. But my production etc buildings are All Over The Place. Every collect I gotta double and tripple check to see if I missed a tobacco farm or smth, and I almost always find a few. And then when starting productions again - let's just say I'm really thankful there's an icon showing me there are one's around which ain't producing. Literally every collect I play this little game of "find the production building which ain't producing" to finish it off. I can't frikkin wait till my upgrades are done and I can get my 14.5% road super nice looking town I have planned.