• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The best Tomorrow Era attack/defense

DeletedUser105544

I'm little bit tired of reading posts about bugs, plunder, GB points and ghosting.

Therefore I think that it would be refreshing to start something more creative, as new era has started.

What would be, by your opinion, the best defense consisted of TE units only? What would be the best attack team?

DeletedUser2989

There was a question on TE defense so I'll copy my post from there and add to it :)

Personally it's tricky to pick the best defense for TE...

I'm tempted to say Stealth Tanks (but the obvious counter to that is the Microwaves) but I've also heard the AM Snipers are good. Personally I like 8 Champs because if the high stats and the fact the AI rushes them forward (handy to somewhat counter Stealth Tanks).

Apparently Ultra AP's aren't any good... Most of this would probably depend on who attacks you with what though :)

Some of the best TE attacks I've seen against my defenses so far would be the 1 Stealth Tank and 7 Rogues (or equivalently 8 Stealth Tanks...), but I might be biased in that opinion as stealthy things attacking my tower have usually been really effective.

DeletedUser105544

Thanks

Yep, I rely on Champs too.

So far I cut through TE world map and two waves TE armies like a hot knife through the butter with CE troops only. Therefore I was wander what other people think about TE troops.

DeletedUser100832

8 champs. If you haven't got champs, 8 stealth tanks.

everything else you can beat with CE troops.

DeletedUser

1 tank and 7 rogues pretty much beats anything. The continental map has crumpled to me first with CE champs now in the final 5 or so provinces just a mix of tanks and snipers with very little thought and effort. The conclusion then is the best TE defense is any defense while you have a defense boost in the triple digits. Therefore 8 champs is the best bet. Many people will stomp over it so quick you won't have a chance to even blink but at least the high points (up to 100k isn't it?) reduces the chances they will plunder.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Good questions and answers! I have a vested interested having been in Tomorrow for a year now and at least another year or possibly more before I decide to graduate and have been labouring about the best defence combination to use as DAs in GvG.
In regards to attack, against a single wave defence, probably 1 stealth and 7 rogues when one is playing fast on auto, as in GvG. If one is playing slow, maybe one champ and 7 rogues, setting the champ aside. I may be splitting hairs as the champ has a little extra attack and defence but if you are tucking it away on the first round you are effectively giving away one shot.
Given the stealth aspect to the tank, you can use quite a few rogues with a small number of tanks in DA and don't run a high risk of having your tanks defeated first, as the opponent attacking will likely get to your rogues before they get to your tank. The exception could be the ultra AP given it lands anywhere and has the 'contact' features which means that if the opposing stealth tank hits it, the AP can still strike the tank even though it is hidden in a distance.
For me anyway, the main question is whether to choose 1 stealth with 7 rogues, or 2 stealth with 6 rogues, for defence.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
haha, it was not my intention. Didn't realise the last post on this thread was nearly 5 years ago! I suspect the question posed by the OP was of interest at the time as Tomorrow Era was probably the highest era around then, or maybe Future Era had just been released, so players tended to stick around in that era. Since then however, I think players rush through TE because they don't like the troops and keep hearing about how great the hover is in FE, and there tends to be more action in GvG in FE compared to Tomorrow.

DeletedUser111934

Good questions and answers! I have a vested interested having been in Tomorrow for a year now and at least another year or possibly more before I decide to graduate and have been labouring about the best defence combination to use as DAs in GvG.
In regards to attack, against a single wave defence, probably 1 stealth and 7 rogues when one is playing fast on auto, as in GvG. If one is playing slow, maybe one champ and 7 rogues, setting the champ aside. I may be splitting hairs as the champ has a little extra attack and defence but if you are tucking it away on the first round you are effectively giving away one shot.
Given the stealth aspect to the tank, you can use quite a few rogues with a small number of tanks in DA and don't run a high risk of having your tanks defeated first, as the opponent attacking will likely get to your rogues before they get to your tank. The exception could be the ultra AP given it lands anywhere and has the 'contact' features which means that if the opposing stealth tank hits it, the AP can still strike the tank even though it is hidden in a distance.
For me anyway, the main question is whether to choose 1 stealth with 7 rogues, or 2 stealth with 6 rogues, for defence.
What do you recommend for GE and GBG. Having only just moved up to TE I am still looking at what the best combinations might be as well as what, if any, military buildings I should get.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Not dissimilar to GvG. 1 or 2 champions/stealth tanks and the rest rogues. As speed is not critical, you have the option of going manual. Zen fighters can go manual to the death but a mere mortal like me might go manual only to tuck away my lead fighter to ensure rogues transform to fighters. Heavy champions are more powerful and mobile compared to stealth tanks but the latter of course has the stealth feature. Thus the stealth tank is unlikely to be first hit in a one stealth 7 rogue configuration, compared to a 1 champ 7 rogue mix. You can mitigate the risk of losing the champ first by going manual for a short while to tuck the champ away but you lose one potential shot by doing so. With 2 champs and 6 rogues you are less likely to lose your 2 champs on the first 2 hits. Overall, some combination of either 1 or 2 heavies (champs or stealth tanks) and the rest rogues. Some trial and error is in order if you lose your fight. In Battlegrounds, the toughest opponent is 8 stealth tanks, but the ultra AP (light) can be tricky with its contact feature. Even if your stealth hits it from a distance, the ultra AP will automatically hit it back immediately despite the stealth, if your stealth is within the ultra AP's range. If you really enjoy going full manual, the ultra AP has less mobility than the stealth or champion so you can play hit and run with it if you are a seasoned manual fighter.