• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The best Age / Era to stay in ?

If wanted to avoid double lane roads, then forced to stay in industrial age, which is not bad. My personal favourite is CE only. If more plunderers, then next best checkpoint is Future era only. CE, Tomorrow, Future all are best in every possible ways.

If going beyond future era, then next stop is at Space Age Mars only in terms of best units. But curiosity raises like anything to move forward another level after reaching SAM. Curse or Boon depends upon players coins and supplies collected till that. Also, special goods trouble will follow you like evil stuff from Arctic future era.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Iron Age for building, e.g. arc to 80, because nothing much gets sniped. Add CF and RQs are perpetual from 72, or pretty much infinite with a few maxed event buildings and an HC. Fighting is not the best, but 8 artillery for auto and 1 champ + rogues for manual works. EMA troops can be had.

Industrial because the guide now shows you can get hovers there, which is likely GBG/hood-owning.

PME/Contemporary if you miss the Industrial hovers.
I still don't know how is it possible in InA, I've tried getting hovers in PE, but failed miserably by now being stuck on the "The end of this chapter" quest and beginning of the AF map. I've been very careful regarding everything, but still...failed.

Matt999

Private
I still don't know how is it possible in InA, I've tried getting hovers in PE, but failed miserably by now being stuck on the "The end of this chapter" quest and beginning of the AF map. I've been very careful regarding everything, but still...failed.

If you've got to that quest then you've gone too far on the PME storyline. The only way to proceed is to go into PME. You need to have stopped the story two quests earlier. From the guide:

However, be careful to absolutely under no circumstances complete or abort the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" at the end of the PME story!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
If you've got to that quest then you've gone too far on the PME storyline. The only way to proceed is to go into PME. You need to have stopped the story two quests earlier. From the guide:

However, be careful to absolutely under no circumstances complete or abort the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" at the end of the PME story!
But wait, what does exactly trigger the Joy Danba's quest giving me 3 hover tanks even earlier than PME if I must stop at that story quest?

Matt999

Private
But wait, what does exactly trigger the Joy Danba's quest giving me 3 hover tanks even earlier than PME if I must stop at that story quest?

It comes into a different quest slot. From the guide:

Then, push the cMap to FE, negotiating the first province (Agadar). Be sure to skip the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide. You can also do this before reaching "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" in the PME story questline.

Next, complete a side quest or recurring quest that is NOT "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." This will cause the story to appear in that slot and jump to the beginning of the CE story questline.

Finally, continue through the questline as normal

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
It comes into a different quest slot. From the guide:

Then, push the cMap to FE, negotiating the first province (Agadar). Be sure to skip the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide. You can also do this before reaching "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" in the PME story questline.

Next, complete a side quest or recurring quest that is NOT "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." This will cause the story to appear in that slot and jump to the beginning of the CE story questline.

Finally, continue through the questline as normal
Thanks for the info mate, can you give me a link to the guide? I never knew it existed and I feel so bad about it.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i feel cheated by players who hang around in low eras, when i first started the game no one hung around in low eras, you had to keep on moving forward for the best troops, there was no 1.9 thread, no ark, so come on inno make these players have to play the game like we had to back in the day, lets see how good they really are without an ark or the ability to gain higher age units when there in lower eras,
rant over

Emberguard

Legend
i feel cheated by players who hang around in low eras, when i first started the game no one hung around in low eras, you had to keep on moving forward for the best troops, there was no 1.9 thread, no ark, so come on inno make these players have to play the game like we had to back in the day, lets see how good they really are without an ark or the ability to gain higher age units when there in lower eras,
rant over
If you want to have people play like back in the day then you’d also need to remove all the event powercreep and GBG rewards. Also originally Supply buildings expired their produce after a while, bring that back :P

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Iron age is good.
I stayed in EMA for a very long time. The mounted archers are a pain for autobattling, but if your attack % is still low enough that you do a lot of manual fighting, their mobility is wonderful. And the blacksmiths still count as a supply building from the previous era for certain quests.
HMA and LMA are good. Col is supposed to be good too. I don't really know later eras.

Really, you can park in any early era and do well.

But a couple guidelines:
1. Don't age up unless you can fully autobattle GE.
2. Don't age up unless you're consistently one of the top people in your neighbourhood.
3. Don't go beyond the early ages (LMA or below) until you have a level 80 Arc, the attacking trio (Zeus, CoA, CDM) at level 10 or higher, and the Traz at level 25 or higher. Build a really solid foundation before moving up to the later eras.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Add lvl 10 cap to the GBs too :P
can you not play the game without having a higher level boost ? if everyone had level 10 caps we would all have an equal footing ? more a challenge if lots of players can do the same dont you think ? or would you rather have 1 player on level 100 and others on level 3 ? is that what you think a fair challenge is all about ?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
If you want to have people play like back in the day then you’d also need to remove all the event powercreep and GBG rewards. Also originally Supply buildings expired their produce after a while, bring that back :P
i think the removal of all attack gbs would be a great boost, players have got lazy they only want to click an auto button, can you remember the fun trying to beat a defense by using the right troops and using the maps with there boosts sectors you would land on for more damage ?
we should also do away with the auto button and lets see players really have to work hard for there wins ?

Emberguard

Legend
can you remember the fun trying to beat a defense by using the right troops and using the maps with there boosts sectors you would land on for more damage ?
Yes. Last year started a new city and was having great fun attacking my neighbours with Archers and no boosts

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
can you not play the game without having a higher level boost ? if everyone had level 10 caps we would all have an equal footing ? more a challenge if lots of players can do the same dont you think ? or would you rather have 1 player on level 100 and others on level 3 ? is that what you think a fair challenge is all about ?
One word: grind

RichinZhills

Corporal
Sometimes it's a matter of taking provinces out on the continent. Once you take a certain one or scout it, you can sometimes unlock that Era's quests. I've gotten EMA troops in Iron, Colonial in LMA, and Industrial in Colonial simply by negotiation and taking those future Era provinces. Good Luck!