• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The best Age / Era to stay in ?

Boyko

Private
Wanted to ask your opinion please. What is one of the best Ages / Eras to stay in for long time, in terms of the fighting and recurring quests ? Thank you.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
HRQ: HMA (saltpeter), Col (Clockmakers)... I think you can do some in BA and IA

Fighting: CE and FE (BEST), SAM ...maybe some lower ages i don't remember. in CE and FE you can also get 3 rqs and do lot of rq's using 1.9 thread

Shad23

Emperor
well if question was : what's the worst era to stay in
i would have answered modern era but since he's asking for the best i prity much love FE but hated modern era

Shad23

Emperor
lol FE with 4 sub cruisers and 2 hydrolic Eels i'll stay there for a wile not planing on moving up anytime soon when i'll do i'll be prepared in goods and FP's to go up to era i want to go to next wich is VF cause my goods GB's will then produce FE goods but befor i can eaven think of doing that my goods GB' s need to produce more goods together then my Arc and obs put together so i can fill easily FE treasury but that's realy far from now will stay in FE till i'm realy ready no more rushing up the eras without being prepared for me

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I was in CE for about a year doing just doing story quest missions, I got units from TE, FE, AF, OF,, easily auto battled 64/64 in the GE and have a PB reaching 90 Attrition in the GbG,, CE is the best era because it’s the only era where you can have units 4 ages higher than what your in, Anyone who disagrees obviously didn’t take full advantage of it,,and would change there opinion if they had all the advanced units I still have in TE :)

Last edited:

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Well well... for your main.... future? I dont have experience in previous have. I jumped HMA-IndA-FE. directly. IndA is THE WORST age i have seen for GBG. But I love future. Hovers are the best, and I ´m in the middle of virtual map with them, auto, no negs.
But i heard that CA is very good as well. And one guys told me he could get ~60-70 attrition easily in post with not much boost.

But in my opinion, future: a good balance hover-rank-expansions.

If you cant go directly there... I heard CA is the very first era you should stay (i want to get there with all my farms), then CE, then Future.
The main difference, i think, is goods. In CA they are no refined, in CE and FE they are refined good. So all depends of yur event buildings - Frontenac and so.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Would this be a good thread to ask about Guild Battlegrounds and troop eras? I am in a Guild which is very keen on the Guild battles, and they are all have troops from modern eras, while I am in the Iron Age. Will I be totally useless in Guild battles? I mean, I can hardly take Roman soldiers into war against battle tanks!
The troops you face are different for everyone. You will face IA troops while everyone else in the guild will face Modern Era troops.

DeletedUser

I spent 10.5+ months in LMA and I've been in Col for 13 months. I find them good for Camping, enabling me to Expand and consolidate. Not quite in the middle of the Tech Tree but still with great Trading opportunities both up and down. I'm not looking forward to Industrial though, bloody Saloons, Gunsmiths and other assorted Yank-crap inspired bollocks, shove it!
I will advance of course but maybe not until I've all available Exps from Medals and Map.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
HMA is the first era that's truely a camper's paradise...
Militarily, all you need are Heavy Infantry + Rogues, and Trebs.
For recurring quests, you've got Alchemists which are similar to Clockmakers come Colonial.

Colonial is probably the 'golden age' to camp in, then it seems like Future era gets a ton of votes as the 'best' later game era to twiddle one's thumbs and demolish your 'hoodies.;)

Powe

Brigadier-General
For recurring quests, you've got Alchemists which are similar to Clockmakers come Colonial.

Colonial is probably the 'golden age' to camp in, then it seems like Future era gets a ton of votes as the 'best' later game era to twiddle one's thumbs and demolish your 'hoodies.;)
FE stinks compared to CE. In CE you can get 4 hover tanks AND OF units!

DeletedUser

Yeah, I think the 3 MAs a make or break opportunity for City development, Camping for at least a few months will see a lot of development and Medal Exps to work with. Colonial has proved my favourite thus far. Chatted with Future Campers and yes, they love it there but they had well developed Cities before reaching it.
I guess it all depends on how the Era "feels" to the individual as much as anything.

poodle666

Private
I have cities at Iron, Colonial, Future, SAAB and SAV and of then all the Future is the easiest era to play in. Hover Tanks Rule. It is as simple as that. I have almost finished the campaign maps to SAM on each of my Future cities. Guild expeditions 64 on full auto is a breeze. GBG at attrition level 50 gives me a ton of rewards - my offence is not great at 550/450. Switching to doing negotiations lets me get to attrition 80 for even more rewards.

For those looking at moving up an era my advice is that if you cannot do GE64 on full auto then do not move.

Matt999

Private
Iron Age for building, e.g. arc to 80, because nothing much gets sniped. Add CF and RQs are perpetual from 72, or pretty much infinite with a few maxed event buildings and an HC. Fighting is not the best, but 8 artillery for auto and 1 champ + rogues for manual works. EMA troops can be had.

Industrial because the guide now shows you can get hovers there, which is likely GBG/hood-owning.

PME/Contemporary if you miss the Industrial hovers.