• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Arc is too powerful

The Tominator

Sergeant

No nerf needed. Yes the Arc is a game changer but before you start getting any reward you need either to spend a lot of time getting deals with other players, Spend diamonds etc.

After a certain level it will be less difficult yes. But do not forget that you still need the BPs to get to another level, So if you want to control the level then Inno might give less BPs away after level 25 so that it will take longer to expand

hmm i dont use diamonds and i have arc bps to lvl 500 odd

DeletedUser108842

I would say yes +1 as I've already seen how people get advantage faster and faster with each age ahead. This GB only makes the things go even faster for them and their friends. Not that it's a bad thing for all of us but you know, we get bored easily and somehow, for an innocent game like this, it looks ugly. I think changing the numbers will do the thing, just do it.

DeletedUser110168

Here's the reality that some people don't seem to understand.

Arc's huge boost to contribution rewards isn't a mistake. It's something that was added with the INTENT of making it easier to level GBs to a very high level. They WANT ordinary players to be able to build high level GBs in a feasible timeframe. That mindset also goes hand-in-hand with the reason they made points from GBs will be so much lower at high levels.

The Arc represents a paradigm shift: from players competing with each other fiercely to get 1 or 2 GBs to a high level, to players competing with each other to see who can get AS MANY GBs AS POSSIBLE to a high level.

After reading through this entire 12 pages, there is really only one post I agree with entirely. (Spoiler, it's the one above this text)
Arc is definitely overpowered, AS THE GAME IS THOUGHT OF TODAY. In the future everyone will have a ton of high level gbs. That being said, we also need to look at what arc is doing to the game right now. I have a lvl 13 arc, and started an arc swap group for the expressed purpose of taking it well over lvl 80, why? Well because arc is a beast. Arc fundamentally changes how you play the game, and I enjoy that aspect of it. Everyone says it is OP because you can get tons of free fps and everything else, which I totally agree with, but is that necessarily a bad thing? I contend that your view on the OPness of arc stems from either an idealistic frame of mind about the game, or no desire to push your own arc up to those kinds of levels. Arc only provides an advantage as long as other don't have it. If they capped it at lvl 80 and everyone had lvl 80 arcs on one world, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Arc is like any other gb, higher levels=more advantage, the only difference here is the obscene advantages when there are only a few with those high level arcs. My best suggestion for those that don't have massive arcs is to make leveling them a priority, they will change the future of the game. If you don't want to get sniped by people mass leveling their arc then either get yourself a high level arc or stay away from those that have them.

DeletedUser6838

Thing is, ALL GB's are the same way, as soon as someone sees a GB that has been leveled up to like 50+ levels, it comes too overpowered to him/her, it's not just The Arc.....It all went sideways when the level 10 limit was removed. Why make a thread about every GB? Pointless >.>

Belergon

Private
-1. It has been way too long now that way and start implementing changes like that ow would only be completely unfair to those who have not reached the level 80. If you want to make a difference like that then might as well roll every GB back to level 0 and remove all the FP packs they have accumulated and then lets start all over. Everyone has exactly the same equal possibility to level their Arc up to level 80.

Life is so unfair. Reminds me of the 5 little piggies - don't forget what the last little piggy did!

I really don't understand what it is with all the "This is to strong" and "That is to strong" and This takes to long to do"

If you don't want to play the game to level up buildings and aid friend and guild mate why bother with the game. It just ruins it for the rest of us.

Re-iterate - Please query in-game players for their vote for these changes thru the in-game messaging system. That will give you a true response of proposed ideas. Most of the game players have no idea that these changes are coming down the line until they're implemented. Most game players have no desire to play the forum instead of the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser11899

Firstly, I'm so happy leveling my Arcs so dont misunderstand me bcos it is not my intention to claim any kind of nerf at all.

We can all agree that once you manage to raise the Arc to a level 80 and beyond the game becomes extremely easy for you :

- You'll never have to worry about medals, no need for more Victory Towers and other special buildings which produce them. You dont need to participate on PvP. PvP only rewards you with medals so its completely absurd to keep wasting more time on it, better for you to invest such time on more GB swaps).
- Events? why? Do you really need to do them? nope, well if you like them or have spare time do them, if not, better keep investing your time leveling up your Arc and other GBs.
- When you were thinking that GE lvl 4 was impossible without negotiating or spending diamonds for healing troops you simply were wrong so this wonderful meta will allow you to level up all your 3 attack GBs above level 100 in a short period of time. Dont worry if they decide to increase the defensive boosts, keep leveling your Arc and your attack GBs some more levels which as you know it wont be a matter of years but a few days or weeks.
- If you want rank points, fighting is no longer a must or donating goods to the treasury, you dont need it, just keep leveling up one of your GBs once a day, its an easier and faster way.

When FE was released, they forgot to announce the following: "and last but not least, besides the Rain Forest Project we are glad to present you with the true meta of Forge of Empires, a new GB called the Arc."

My point is, is it good for a game to have just one meta? Doesnt it make the game more boring?

DeletedUser109268

Firstly, I'm so happy leveling my Arcs so dont misunderstand me bcos it is not my intention to claim any kind of nerf at all.

We can all agree that once you manage to raise the Arc to a level 80 and beyond the game becomes extremely easy for you :

- You'll never have to worry about medals, no need for more Victory Towers and other special buildings which produce them. You dont need to participate on PvP. PvP only rewards you with medals so its completely absurd to keep wasting more time on it, better for you to invest such time on more GB swaps).
- Events? why? Do you really need to do them? nope, well if you like them or have spare time do them, if not, better keep investing your time leveling up your Arc and other GBs.
- When you were thinking that GE lvl 4 was impossible without negotiating or spending diamonds for healing troops you simply were wrong so this wonderful meta will allow you to level up all your 3 attack GBs above level 100 in a short period of time. Dont worry if they decide to increase the defensive boosts, keep leveling your Arc and your attack GBs some more levels which as you know it wont be a matter of years but a few days or weeks.
- If you want rank points, fighting is no longer a must or donating goods to the treasury, you dont need it, just keep leveling up one of your GBs once a day, its an easier and faster way.

When FE was released, they forgot to announce the following: "and last but not least, besides the Rain Forest Project we are glad to present you with the true meta of Forge of Empires, a new GB called the Arc."

My point is, is it good for a game to have just one meta? Doesnt it make the game more boring?
You raise interesting questions Magnus. I liked your post.

I often wonder just what the point of creating tne Arc was. It seems very harmful to the game as a whole.

However, it was created and it must have been obvious from the outset what the results of it would be. It isn't 'unfair' to players who don't have it. On the contrary, they stand a greater chance of contributions with someone to whom contributing costs nothing.

So, Forge of Empires is what it is. I don't quite 'get it' having been playing fairly intensely since Easter. The game seems split into two from my viewpoint: those (typically Industrial and below) who are playing a game which is an evolution of what it was and those (typically Tomorrow and above) who are playing some entirely diffrerent game. Unfortunately, both sets want changes to the game to make it better for themselves, which often means making it worse for the other set.

DeletedUser111589

However, it was created and it must have been obvious from the outset what the results of it would be.

All devs are making such mistake. I used to play RPG which would make 3 runes per month(one per class). It was very often that one rune would be way overpowered. For a while, archers ruled the fire and even one of oldest fire runes was able to bring down shielded knight in matter of seconds if knight is roughly similarly strong as far as damage is concerned. After archers, wizards took the rule with all elements this time.

DeletedUser110179

All devs are making such mistake.
Perhaps it's an antidote to equalness .

At one time motor-racing and tennis had a slew of talented and close-matched people ... resulting in nail-biting finishes amongst many contenders. Eventually, everyone got bored of the equality and yearned for superman ... somebody everybody could look up to. So came Björn Borg and Michael Schumacher who really were head and shoulders above their competitors (but that also got stale after awhile) .
I guess it's a circle of life thing ... people need change (sometimes even bad change is better than none) .

The Arc let's people use their imagination to test the boundaries of what's possible, by giving them everything and letting them use it
(like winning the biggest lottery) .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110297

. . . it's called figuring out how to play the game to the best advantage, which (if i'm not mistaken, is the point of a game) - sounds like some are just unhappy that they haven't figured it out or done it first.

DeletedUser110195

Just to throw my two cents into this, I have just recently gotten my first Arc built, I formed a swap club specifically for the Arc with 3 others and ideally, 5 others if I can manage 2 more. My progress in worlds depends heavily on how many high level Arcs are present in my friend/guild/neighbor lists. I got a ToR built very quickly on Korch, just a couple weeks after starting there, because one high level friend, with a high level ToR, who had other high level friends, all piling on his ToR leveled it 7 times in a couple weeks, while I took 4th or 5th each time, it was enough to get a full blueprint, it took ME no effort to do this, I hitched a ride on the wagon all those high level Arc players were dragging at mach speed.

You may never catch the older players who have these high level Arcs, but you sure as hell can join them. Stop trying to cut the legs out from under people who are putting in the time to match their ability to power level GBs. Getting a fair chance to achieve what others have is all you should want, and you have that already. If you want others to be dragged down to your level because you're unwilling to climb to theirs, then I have two words for you:

PISS OFF

DeletedUser110179

Quite frankly, in the big scheme of things ... the Arc isn't powerful enough .
Get real .

You may never catch the older players who have these high level Arcs, but you sure as hell can join them. Stop trying to cut the legs out from under people who are putting in the time to match their ability to power level GBs. Getting a fair chance to achieve what others have is all you should want, and you have that already. If you want others to be dragged down to your level because you're unwilling to climb to theirs, then I have two words for you:

PISS OFF
Reading this makes me think that maybe I should do just that and look for a game where the developers have not created idiotic situations totally unreal to any paradigm at all.

If the game had stopped around TE/FE and anyone wanting to play more went off to a different server for all the future eras, Forge of Empires might still make sense and could be an improved version of what it has been for years. As it is, the game dissolves too readily into "get the latest, biggest GBs you can, built for you by other people who profit directly from doing so." I'm starting to lose sight of where the fun is.

At the moment, I'm in the middle ages and enjoying myself. But I'm not sure how much longer that can continue, as Inno now continually push a player to advance in tech.