• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Terracota Army FPs mistake

• Thread starter DeletedUser115506
  • Start date

DeletedUser115506

Greetings FoE Team,

I was wondering if you will do anything about the mistake done by the developers by launching the Terracota Army with the wrong FPs calculation to level it up.

Many players took advantage of that to lvl the Terracota before the update with the correction was launched. This is somewhat unfair to all other players who didn't have this opportunity, since they will have to spend way more FPs to lvl their GB.

DeletedUser96901

will the FoE forum team do something because of the changes of the developers ?

NO

DeletedUser115506

Where would be the proper channel to discuss this then? Opening a ticket in-game?

DeletedUser115506

Every player had the opportunity.

No, not every player. Only the players that managed to advance to the Virtual Era had this opportunity.

Even then, this would have to be a very advanced player, since he would need to acquire all blueprints and all the goods needed to put the GB on the floor, or spend a lot of money on it.

DeletedUser112892

Greetings FoE Team,

I was wondering if you will do anything about the mistake done by the developers by launching the Terracota Army with the wrong FPs calculation to level it up.

Many players took advantage of that to lvl the Terracota before the update with the correction was launched. This is somewhat unfair to all other players who didn't have this opportunity, since they will have to spend way more FPs to lvl their GB.
Well, some consider it unfair, some not. I don't have it, but I don't think it is unfair. Why?
I watch it as "discount" for players who built TA first 3-4 days it came (cannot recall how much time passed until nerf)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115506

They nerfed TA almost 25 days after it got launched. They launched it on July 14th, and they nerfed it on update 1.132 of August 8th.

That is plenty of time. I myself built mine without spending any diamonds, and I could have lvled it up to 60 if I wanted. I just thought that they would correct all lvled up TAs after the update, so I didn't use my FP to lvl it up.

But even if it was a shorter time, I don't see it how a "discount" is fair to everyone. If they give a discount on acquiring a promotion, that is ok. But not on things like that. What happened, in my opinion, is unfair to the players. That is unfair to new players which could not have access to it.

I would even say that players who lvled up their TAs because they knew it would get harder to do it, they exploited an existing "bug". And that would be breaking the game's rules

Agent327

Overlord
This is somewhat unfair to all other players who didn't have this opportunity, since they will have to spend way more FPs to lvl their GB.

Once again, every player had the same opportunity and there already is a thread this was discussed in. How many more are you going to start?

DeletedUser

The TA..
Cool GB by the way, love it!
Yes, it costs some more at the moment, but it had to be balanced for obvious reasons.
They had to draw a line somewhere.
Don’t take me wrong I am far from planning to boost it so i’ll “pay” more too.
But because I understand the fact they’ve rebalanced that building I see it as collateral damage.

DeletedUser115506

Once again, every player had the same opportunity and there already is a thread this was discussed in. How many more are you going to start?
Humm, I thought this issue might have been discussed before. I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. I'll look for it again

DeletedUser115506

Explain how can every player have the same opportunity, if most of the players are in Eras lower then Future Virtual?

They just cannot get the goods to built. And even if they buy it, they would pay an extremely high price for the goods, since the very few that were actually producing it were either giving it to friends, or charging extremely high prices on it.

I am sorry. this cannot be considered as "ever player had the SAME opportunity"....

And I tried looking again for this post you mentioned, searched for "Terracota", "TA" and "Terracota Army". Couldn't find anything as well...

DeletedUser115071

The old required FPs were till level 60: 121728
The new required FPs are till level 60: 127597
But the rewards if you recieve 1.9 on every level, every reward is up with 6K
New: 27689FPs
On the old I lack the information right now but it should be around 21K

Agent327

Overlord
Explain how can every player have the same opportunity, if most of the players are in Eras lower then Future Virtual?

Every player that was able to get and built a TA had the opportunity. Players that couldn't haven't lost out on anything. When the attack GB's were nerfed players were compensated for that. If you started the GB after the nerf, do you really think you still should be compensated for a nerf you were never part of?

They just cannot get the goods to built. And even if they buy it, they would pay an extremely high price for the goods, since the very few that were actually producing it were either giving it to friends, or charging extremely high prices on it.

So? They are in lower era's. If they want something from a higher era they have to pay for it and that does not mean that players from that higher era are obliged to sell it.

I am sorry. this cannot be considered as "ever player had the SAME opportunity"....

I buy a new car today. You do not have the money for it. In 5 years you have. Should that car still be sold at the same prize?

And I tried looking again for this post you mentioned, searched for "Terracota", "TA" and "Terracota Army". Couldn't find anything as well...

Every time something new is introduced into the game there is an announcement. Whenever there is an announcement there is a feedback thread.

Agent327

Overlord
No, not every player. Only the players that managed to advance to the Virtual Era had this opportunity.

Those are the players the GB was introduced for in the first place.

Even then, this would have to be a very advanced player, since he would need to acquire all blueprints and all the goods needed to put the GB on the floor, or spend a lot of money on it.

No money needed. Just a big effort.

DeletedUser115506

Every player that was able to get and built a TA had the opportunity. Players that couldn't haven't lost out on anything. When the attack GB's were nerfed players were compensated for that. If you started the GB after the nerf, do you really think you still should be compensated for a nerf you were never part of?

I am not talking about compensating the players who did NOT built the GB... I am talking about compensating the player who did built it. If the numbers Ivan mentioned above are correct, then the players who built it before the nerf, gained 5.869 FP... One thing that could be done is to reduce the lvls of this GB to the equivalent of FP gained.[/QUOTE]

Every time something new is introduced into the game there is an announcement. Whenever there is an announcement there is a feedback thread.

I will look for it

Agent327

Overlord
I am not talking about compensating the players who did NOT built the GB... I am talking about compensating the player who did built it.

Now you are contradicting yourself. Those players all had the opportunity to raise it.

DeletedUser115506

Now you are contradicting yourself. Those players all had the opportunity to raise it.
No I am not. English is not my main language, so I may not have expressed myself well.

It is simple: Get the GB from those players that lvled it before the nerf, and adjust the level of this GBs to what it should be at first place if the FP were correct when it got launched.

And when I talk about not all having the same opportunity, I mean all ACTIVE players, from those that are starting just now up to those who are in the end-game. The end-game players, yea, they had the opportunity. But the players from Oceanic Future downwards didn't have the same opportunity as the those on VF, simple because they did not have the goods. And the demand to these goods at the first month was so high, that even if all players wanted, it would be just impossible to meet all the demand. So, not the same opportunity for all, and this is just to reply to you. But this just do not matter.

It gets as simple as this: those players that lvled up before the nerf took place, and after the announcement, they took advantage of a known bug, and this is against the rules, which I copy here for your info:

7) Bugs

Each player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team. A player is not allowed to knowingly take advantage of bugs.
If you notice that a player is abusing a bug in the game you must report him.
If you notice a spelling error or typo, you are not obligated to report it, however you are encouraged
to do so for the improvement of the game.

I don't think there should be a punishment for it, since it was a mistake done by the developers. However, I do think it should be corrected taking up lvls of these GBs that were lvled up before the nerf, the equivalent to what was raised in FPs cost.