• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Terrace farm

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
I have a question about terrace farm. I have level 91 ToR, i get a lot jade relics, a few every week, but i never get terrace farms from them, except one in the first or second week when GE4 was introduced. However i hear people getting terrace farms quite often compared to the number of jade relics they get with much lower ToR levels. Whats the chance in % to get terrace farm from a relic? Because it doesnt seem to be completely random, as i keep getting the same buildings but never terrace farms, and these are the only thing that is really usefull for me. It seems the Ge rewards from relics are very unbalanced and rely too much on luck, or its like with some events in the past when one player would keep getting the best reward a few times in a row,while another will never get it. Is there some more information that can explain why i dont get terrace farms even tho i have got tons of jade relics, or my tor is a pure waste of FPs due to the complete randomness of rewards or because of set rewards to certain accounts and other accounts have almost no chance to win them?
I submitted a ticket, but i was told they have no information and that the forum might be better place to raise the question to the devs if it gets their attention.

Level 91 ToR: That amazing not to mention cool. What's the percent at that level?

Typical Standard Response - It's not a bug; you're just unlucky.
I don't know why they insult us with such remarks. We all know that the ToR percentage drop rate is nowhere near what the stated numbers are.

I get more tavern fp's from table clothes (not all are at the 8%), than I do relics of any kind with a 20% ToR. And that's with about the same number of friends as the battles that I do. Doesn't take a mathematician to figure out something is wrong with their equations!

As far as raising the question to the devs, forget it; unfortunately, it just won't happen. We've all been saying something since the ToR was introduced.

DeletedUser110131

I get more tavern fp's from table clothes (not all are at the 8%), than I do relics of any kind with a 20% ToR. And that's with about the same number of friends as the battles that I do.
Apparently, the tablecloths of my friends are defective. Low thread count, moth infestations... I don't know what, but it's something, because between the 130 friends I have, most with quite luxurious Taverns, I don't get anywhere near that many FPs. My 14.75% ToR is working just fine, though. Two 100 FP relics in two weeks, plus several 20 FP ones. Not bad at all.

I expect having to wait a good while before getting another 100 FP relic; I had a "drought" of several weeks before my recent luck. Of course, now I'm inspired to invest more in my ToR, so who knows?

However, I haven't seen the Terrace Farm in a while.

I suspect that they're fiddling a bit with the probability of various relic contents, possibly even intentionally, to keep up suspense. That's not in violation of the stated probabilities, though. They merely state a certain probability of White, Jade, and Gold; there's nothing guaranteeing that the content will be useful. Poor content is mixed in with the good, in order to balance the game. If you got the 100 FP relic all the time, the game would become hopelessly lopsided.

DeletedUser110179

I won a Terrace Farm on my first completion of the GE (Lvl 3 and 4) but I have no ToR. None, since then although I've gotten 2 Sacred Sky Watch's.
That said, It would seem that the Terrace Farm is a level 3 reward. I haven't seen it offered in level 4.

DeletedUser12146

I won a Terrace Farm on my first completion of the GE (Lvl 3 and 4) but I have no ToR. None, since then although I've gotten 2 Sacred Sky Watch's.
That said, It would seem that the Terrace Farm is a level 3 reward. I haven't seen it offered in level 4.
Previous GE I got Terrace Farm as lvl4 reward...

DeletedUser110131

I haven't seen 100FP for ages; they have nerfed it 100%...
I thought so, as well. For a period, I got the 100FP fairly often. Well, several times, at least. Then, after the new GE buildings came, I didn't get it, for a long time. I had pretty much given up hope. Now I've gotten it twice. Either it's been there all the time, and with the same probability, and I've just been unlucky, or it's been gone, or had its probability reduced, but is now back. Either way: At the moment, it's possible to get it.

DeletedUser12146

I thought so, as well. For a period, I got the 100FP fairly often. Well, several times, at least. Then, after the new GE buildings came, I didn't get it, for a long time. I had pretty much given up hope. Now I've gotten it twice. Either it's been there all the time, and with the same probability, and I've just been unlucky, or it's been gone, or had its probability reduced, but is now back. Either way: At the moment, it's possible to get it.
It is there, but the % of getting has dropped :(

LadyHecate

Major-General
The reduced drop rate for Goods and FPs was only formally announced on Beta, "Overall, the chances for goods and Forge Points was slightly reduced in favor of new items, Expedition attempts and buildings.", as part of the "Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty" announcement: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ds-balancing-changes-and-4th-difficulty.6911/
However, when they made the change they didn't post the revised drop rate %s on the official Wiki but did remove the original drop rates.

DeletedUser110179

The reduced drop rate for Goods and FPs was only formally announced on Beta, " Overall, the chances for goods and Forge Points was slightly reduced in favor of new items, Expedition attempts and buildings. " , as part of the Guild Expeditions - New Rewards ...
However, when they made the change they didn't post the revised drop rate %s on the official Wiki but did remove the original drop rates.
TerraceFarm_zpsooncykvw.png

My computer science professor would often say: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever" and the Terrace Farm, certainly qualifies.

Winning 100 fps feeds our desire for magic and instant gratification but the Terrace Farm just keeps on giving. Historically, it's an
extreme example of mans ingenuity to produce more than is necessary for oneself and one's family.
It's this kind of farming that gave rise to China's massive population and huge cities ... hence, the root of all growth and prosperity in FoE.

Food for thought. Get yours today. ♣►

Last edited by a moderator:

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
Level 91 ToR: That amazing not to mention cool. What's the percent at that level?

33.25% chance, with 19.51% for a jade. so with the number of jade relics i got, and only 1 terrace from all of them, it seemslike the drop rate is under 1%. not sure how long since the terrace is available, but every week i get 2-8 jade relics, and only 1 terrace farm from all of them. i did get terrace farms from GE3 and GE4 last reward, the chances there are better. but the chances to get it from a relic seems too small, even smaller than when sok was best reward.