• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Temple Of Relics rewards update -

Do you think this idea would improve your experience with Guild Expeditions?

• This idea would improve my experience

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • This idea would not improve my experience

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser116771

Submitting this as a normal player.

Proposal: Updating the rewards that you receive from Relics.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? I looked at the idea index and didn't see anything related to ToR in regards to its current ability. The only ideas related to ToR are for adding a 2nd ability.

Reason: GE rewards seem a little stale and in need of an update/refresh. I know I'm not the only one that's tired of getting Face of the Ancients or Gate of the Sun God. Even some of the better rewards like Sacred Sun Watch aren't as impressive anymore when there are other buildings that basically do the same thing with less space (SoK/the new runestones).

NOTE: This is purely related to Temple of Relics and the suggestions here would have no impact on encounter rewards in GE (though I am debating on coming up with a recommendation for GE as well).

Details:

The type of relics will remain unchanged (silver/gold/jade), but some of the rewards will be moved, replaced, removed, as listed below:

Silver Relic:
-Store Building
-5 troops of 1 type
-10 rogues
-25 goods of one type
-20 FP
-Set Building 1
-Set Building 2

Gold Relic:
-One Up Kit
-25 goods of each type
-50 FP
-100 FP
-Tribal Square
-Set Building 3
-Set Building 5

Jade Relic:
-Renovation Kit
-5 troops of one type from the next age up
-25 goods of each type from the next age up
-Set Building upgrade kit
-200 FP
-Terrace Farm
-Set Building 4

As you can see, Most of the GE buildings were replaced with "Set buildings", these would work like other building groups (Piazza set, Cherry Blosson Set, etc.) The numbers I listed for the group benefits are based on the other sets that are currently in play. any building with (rr) beside it represents a building that needs a road to function.

GE Building Set breakdown: (names beside the Set building are to represent what would be replaced from the current rewards list)
Pre-Upgrades:
-Set Building one/Gate of the Sun God (2x2)(rr)
Base: Happiness
(1)Happiness
(2)Forge Point (1)

-Set Building 2/Face of the Ancient (2x2)
(1)Happiness
(2)Goods (5)

-Set Building 3/Sacred Sky Watch (3x2)(rr)
Base: Medals
(1)Coins
(2)Forge points (1)
(3)Guild Power

-Set Building 4/Fountain of Youth (3x3)(rr)
Base: Coins
(1)Goods (5)
(2)Coin Boost % (5%)
(3)Forge Points(1)
(4)Forge Points(1)

-Set Building 5/Ritual Flame (2x1)
Base: Supplies
(1)Defense Boost (4-7)
(2)Attack Boost (4-7)
(3)Forge Point (1)

Post-Upgrades:
-Set Building one/Gate of the Sun God (2x2)(rr)
(1)Happiness
(2)Forge Point (1)

-Set Building 2/Face of the Ancient (2x2)
(1)Happiness
(2)Goods (5)

-Set Building 3/Sacred Sky Watch (3x2)(rr)
Base: Medals
(1)Coins
(2)Forge points (2)
(3)Guild Power

-Set Building 4/Fountain of Youth (3x3)(rr)
Base: Coins
(1)Goods (10)
(2)Coin Boost % (10%)
(3)Forge Points(2)
(4)Forge Points(2)

-Set Building 5/Ritual Flame (2x1)
Base: Supplies
(1)Defense Boost (8-10%)
(2)Attack Boost (8-10%)
(3)Forge Point (1)

Visual Aids: This is a sample layout of how the buildings would fit together.
upload_2019-3-26_17-23-22.png

The names listed in the picture are to help give an idea of what the layout for the proposed set would look like.

Balance: The idea is to re-balance the rewards that are obtained from Temple of Relic relics. As such, I would like to think that the end result would in itself be balanced. The buildings would retain the same sizes as the ones they are replacing. Again, this does not affect rewards earned through normal encounters.

Abuse Prevention: The chance of a relic will still be based on the numbers from the Temple of Relics ability, so you can't change your chances of getting a specific reward. You can only increase your chances of getting a relic by leveling up your Temple of Relics.

Summary: There is still a lot of work to be done, but this was everything I could think of right now. I'll be planning out other stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116771

The prizes should be worth their rarity. There's almost no point to some of the prizes, and the buildings for the most part are the ones that provide the least benefit, especially when there are other (better) options that are theoretically easier to acquire. I understand balance is also necessary, but as it currently stands, I feel the balance is off in regards to the rewards offered for a great building that takes up a decent amount of space, and whose only bonus is Relic Hunt.

DeletedUser116771

Not off the top of my head. Been around the game a bit, but still relatively new to the forums.

How would I go about formatting the idea?

DeletedUser96901

I have my Fountain of Youths for diamond farming
so I don't like changing them

and your values are overpowered
8 FP on 5x5 (and all other things) for such an easy to obtain set
compared to the hard work in an event to get a full level 2 set

and finally: your idea would convert Terrace Farms from good buildings into bad buildings

DeletedUser116771

Fountain of Youth is a effectively a wishing well you can't shrink. Replace FoY with WWs, you still get your diamond farm.

I understand where you're coming from in regards to the numbers. I was looking at what would be balanced, however to argue your point on ease of acquisition, the theoretical chances of getting all buildings is significantly smaller than that of acquiring most set buildings from events. That is also why I chose the numbers I did.

For example, a lvl 20 ToR (which is already a decent FP investment, 11501 FP total to go from Mud to lvl 20) has a 20.75% chance of getting a relic, any kind of relic. Of that 20.75%, you have a 27.16% to get an uncommon (Gold) Relic, and a 7.95% chance to get a rare (Jade) relic. Assuming you do all 64 encounters, that means you should get 13.3 relics per GE. Of those 13 Relics, one on average should be Jade, 3-4 should be Gold, and the rest should be Silver. Keep in mind as well with that, there are multiple options, all of which would have different percentages of acquisition (and the set buildings would likely be among the lowest chances of getting them).

Based on those numbers, there is a definite chance that someone could get all 5 buildings from a single GE, but those are long odds indeed.

In regards to your argument RE Terrace Farms, all Set buildings make TFs look like bad buildings. They are still very useful as they are.

Emberguard

Legend
Except the pieces are also available as GE encounter rewards, not just the relics.

If I look at my city that regularly does GE lvl 4 I currently have:
4 Fountain of Youth
6 Sacred sky watch (deleted just as many if not more)
35 ritual flame
40 Face of the ancient
49 Gate of the sun God

So really the only thing you've got going for balancing the ease of obtaining your set is the absence of fountain of youth.

If the set idea was with an entirely new group of buildings that no one has yet it might work, but any idea utilising pre-existing buildings has to take into account that everyone who's already playing will have multiples of those buildings already

DeletedUser116771

To clarify, the idea is purely related to the Relic rewards from Temple of Relics. This was not intended to also be included in GE encounter rewards.

DeletedUser96901

Fountain of Youth is a effectively a wishing well you can't shrink. Replace FoY with WWs, you still get your diamond farm.
so you give me enough WW to replace all my FoY?

and I don't play for shrinking

I have over 1000 WW with the size of 3x3 (not in my main world)

In regards to your argument RE Terrace Farms, all Set buildings make TFs look like bad buildings.
but all sets are rare compared to your idea

If I look at my city that regularly does GE lvl 4 I currently have:
4 Fountain of Youth
6 Sacred sky watch (deleted just as many if not more)
35 ritual flame
40 Face of the ancient
49 Gate of the sun God
that's all ?

in my main world I have in my inventory
61 FoY
105 sacred sky watch
163 ritual falmes
100 faces (and many used for happiness quests)
154 sun god (also many already gone for happiness quests)

To clarify, the idea is purely related to the Relic rewards from Temple of Relics. This was not intended to also be included in GE encounter rewards.
how does my inventory know which are from relics and which not ?

oh wait I get it
those buildings you named aren't the buildings used
we get 5 new GE buildings for your set
so you must remove their names from the initial posting because that confuses the players

and with new buildings you could simply create the regular sizes for sets
one 1x1 (middle, most rase, jade)
and two of 3x2 and 2x3

DeletedUser96901

and btw
regular 5x5 sets give 5 FP and not 8 FP

unless they are at level 2
but for that case you would need to add 5 upgrade kits to your idea

Balance: The idea is to re-balance the rewards that are obtained from Temple of Relic relics. As such, I would like to think that the end result would in itself be balanced. The buildings would retain the same sizes as the ones they are replacing.
the idea is to imbalance the rewards with giving 8 FP on 5x5 compared to the 5 FP on 5x6 which is currently the best we get out of the space with buildings from GE

DeletedUser116771

Good points. I've made a small adjustment to make it so that the set has the option to be upgraded and included an upgrade kit as a jade reward, as it should be harder to get the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.