• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tech tree database (formatted)

Do you want this feature in the game?

• Yes, this would be nice.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, thank you.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

DeletedUser113110

Proposal:
Add some historical data to all the tech we can research in the tech tree.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, but I am formatting that idea and reposting it. Link to original: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tech-tree-database.39458/

Reason:
It would be cool to have some background as to what we are researching, not really urgent, just would be nice:)

Details:
When you click into a technology, there is a button for ‘Additional information’, and when you click on it, it will show some info about the technology, such as who invented it, when was it invented, etc. Only applicable to technology that has been invented, of course. (Basically only for tech from Stone Age to Comtemporary)

Visual Aids:
Don’t know how to use Photoshop, sorry
Balance:
No balance required, does not change the gameplay in any way whatsoever.

Abuse Prevention:
Can’t be abused.

Summary:
Add background historical information to the tech tree.

DeletedUser113110

I have seen this idea before. Did you post it somewhere else as well?
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tech-tree-database.39458/
This wasn’t me, I formatted this idea and reposted it.

It came up in a discussion thread somewhere but I can't remember where exactly either
Here, I believe

Blayze99

Private
I think that although this may be nice, it would involve a considerable amount of work to implement correctly, and that the time would be better spent elsewhere. This is mainly because anyone who really wants this information could easily look it up themselves.

Agent327

Overlord
No thank you. Doesn't make the game any better and I never read the stories. They don't make the game any better either.

DeletedUser

Like all other games, I like that their own Wiki page has all the infos you need, such as character Bios. It's the game's community that like to datamine and post their findings/facts in their spare time. It's fun for them, so why take that fun away by having the Devs implement it in the game?

But you can suggest this for the FoE Wiki admins to take a look at, just forward them this thread. They might create a page dedicated to FoE Research tree history. More fun for them.

DeletedUser113110

Like all other games, I like that their own Wiki page has all the infos you need, such as character Bios. It's the game's community that like to datamine and post their findings/facts in their spare time. It's fun for them, so why take that fun away by having the Devs implement it in the game?

But you can suggest this for the FoE Wiki admins to take a look at, just forward them this thread. They might create a page dedicated to FoE Research tree history. More fun for them.
Interesting! I’ll consider it:)