Cannot Reproduce: Tavern sits not updating

Discussion in 'Bug Report section' started by docholliday, Feb 26, 2017.

1. docholliday

docholliday Master Corporal

Since last update, it can say 0 but the table is completely full.

2. S J K

S J K Master Corporal

Yeah it goes like that for me sometimes but I just clean all the seats of and refresh, it counts normal again for me

3. Calydor

Calydor Private

In my experience this happens if I am maxing out my connection with a download or upload for an extended period of time; the game just gives up on checking how many people are sitting there.

4. Laburnum

Laburnum FoE Team Senior Ingame Moderator

We have not been successful to reproduce this one. If anyone still experience this, then please let us know.

5. Calydor

Calydor Private

[​IMG]

This screenshot was taken just a few minutes ago - as you can see, my tavern is full but the marker says 2/16.

According to my event history, mx03860 sat down at 11:26 pm. ChevyDiesel sat down at 12:25 am, ie. 59 minutes later.

During this time interval, however, I went to bed and left Battle.net to download a patch for Overwatch. Given that my connection is absolutely craptastic at 448/96 kbps, this maxes it out and causes extreme latency for everything else.

My best guess is that FoE simply times out and stops updating due to such high and extended latency. The problem isn't the tavern - sometimes I've collected coins from my snowglobes only to look back later and realize the game hasn't updated this; the coin icon is gone but the snowglobes haven't 'reset' and started the next 15 minute block, or production buildings don't pop up the Inactive sleeping moon icon. Have you tried testing the game under extreme latency conditions to reproduce this behavior?

Vesiger likes this.
  6. Sovereign

Sovereign FoE Team Community Manager

Just for a little clarity on this. When you left it, did you leave the tavern open, with the main city in the background? In my experience, when the game times out, it force refreshes when you return. Does this happen?

7. Calydor

Calydor Private

I always leave the game in the main city window, ie. in the actual game. No windows open. I have had a couple of instances since my last post of the game losing synchronization on collecting tools and coins, but haven't noticed the counter on the tavern sticking since.

8. Flying Dan The Man

Flying Dan The Man Private

I have seen a discrepancy between the number displayed in Town view (12/16) and the number of people actually in the tavern. In the past, this was only on my tablet (Android), but this morning, I noticed it for the first time in the browser version.

1.100.2754e47766 (03.05.2017 10:48), Flying Dan The Man (5934259), en7, en_US, MAC 25,0,0,163, Mac OS 10.12.4, Safari Version/10.1, 1920x1019, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

9. Flying Dan The Man

Flying Dan The Man Private

Here's an example:
    TavernFail.jpg
    Browser version of the game.

10. Prinza the Hunter

Prinza the Hunter Chief Warrant Officer

I noticed this the other day. Just after a notification that another player had sat in my tavern, I looked at it and it was something like 8/11. I entered my taven to find it full.

App on iPad, latest version (1.101, or maybe 1.100 at the time)

11. Prinza the Hunter

Prinza the Hunter Chief Warrant Officer

This is an incredibly annoying bug. Even just after logging into a world, the number can be wrong against the tavern when it is brought up. The only resolution is to keep pulling up the tavern, wasting player time and server calls. So many people have "Tavern Full", that I wonder if it is because they still trust the number on screen and don't realise they need to pull up the tavern to check.

I can't offer any recreation steps; it just seems to happen randomly, without any logic that I can determine. To reproduce the bug, you might get lucky and see it on signing in, or you might have to play for several hours. If i could upload graphics, I could probably upload at least one sample a day.

As an interim measure, it would be better to remove the number from the city screen altogether, as bad information is worse than no information.

12. Vesiger

Vesiger Major-General

I just saw this for the first time - I got a 'Collect your tavern silver' alert from the app, but when I opened FoE the tavern was showing 15/16. All the seats were, however, full.